NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl

Filtered by eye Color : Green
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl
Enter TitleVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlNars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.5

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 4/14/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Nars "Dragon Girl" is my go to red lipstick, and I have many, many red lipsticks. If I am having a low self esteem day, all I have to do is put this on and everything is all better. I think empowering is the word I'm looking for. It is a very bright matte pinky red and not for wallflowers. It tends to be a little drying so you will need to wear lip balm underneath. Excellent staying power as well.

on 2/5/2015 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE NARS velvet matte! Have bought them and recommended them to all my friends and fam. They must think I'm secretly working for NARS or something! But for the good of woman kind, you can have an easy to apply, comfortable to wear, classy matte finish that lasts longer than any other lipstick I've ever worn. I have cruella, red square and dragon girl. Dragon girl and red square are my two faves. Dragon girl has this incredible depth once on. It starts off looking quite pink but put more on and the colour and texture just transform. I actually bought it unseen based on reviews, which I would never normally do, but I am so glad I did. The cons (wasted product when sharpening, may need to get a new NARS/other compatible sharpener too, price) are absolutely outweighed by the quality of this lipstick formula......

on 4/4/2014 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This colour is a-ma-zing! I also think this 'pencil-idea' is very clever, because now you're able to work very precise. Still, I do think it is a bit drying, but that is sincerely the only minus point. For reference, I am a NC 25, darkbrown hair and green eyes!

on 8/15/2013 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you have fair skin with cool undertones and love matte lips, this is the red lipstick for you! I saw a beauty blogger use this and I immediately fell in LOVE with the colour - it's beautiful, sort of a mix between a bright red and a deep pink. I have a hard time finding red lipstick, as I am fair and they can come across too dark (as a result I find them hard to pull off and I end up feeling a bit uncomfortable with them on my lips). For reference I have MAC 'Russian Red' which is another 'cool' red that I like, but it is quite deep and bold, which is sort of intimidating. I have strayed away from wearing it because it's really 'out there', and it can overpower my fair skin.

This shade is amazing. I swatched it in Sephora and I knew it was perfect. When I got home I immediately put it on and was in love! It's the perfect red because it's bold without feeling like the colour is wearing YOU. Don't get me wrong, it is bright but I think it's a great balance of red & pink - I have red hair and I adore how it looks with my hair colour. This is matte but I don't find it super drying and I also don't think it emphasizes any dry skin on your lips like many other matte shades.

My new staple for a gorgeous red lip!!! It doesn't disappoint, however I'd suggest visiting a Sephora or NARS makeup counter to swatch it on your hand or try it on your lips. I think the key to finding the perfect red lip is to get the right undertone to match your skin (cool, neutral, warm, etc). It is $30, which isn't a bargain or anything but NARS makes beautiful makeup so you pay for quality in this case. I'd also recommend checking out all the other shades of NARS 'Velvet Matte Lip Pencils', along with NARS 'Satin Lip Pencils' and NARS 'Velvet Gloss Lip Pencils' as well. Once you buy one, you will be hooked!! :)

on 6/2/2012 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Can we talk about LOVE? I really, truely, love this lip pencil. First, it is the perfect orangey red shade for my NC30 (sometimes 40) skin tone. And although it's a matte, it isn't overly drying. I also love that since its a chubby stick it doubles as a lipstick and liner so quick and easy, especially for travel or a night out...cuts down on product. I have literally 50 tubes of red lipstick and this....this is my favorite. Sometimes I will add a clear gloss over top for more of a pin-up look but I don't ever DARE to mess with the color by adding a tinted gloss. IMO, this shade looks better on cool or yellow skintones. If you're more a warm or pink, please check out Cruella. Another beautiful shade but much more flattering on warm skin :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These NARS Velvet Matte pencils are addictive, so beware of your wallet being more empty. I love a matte red lip and it's so chic year round, especially in the autumn and winter or for holiday parties. Dragon Girl is described as "siren red". If you want a more vivid red and even longer lasting color, use a lip stain under it. The Revlon Just Bitten stains last all day for me and a matching color enhances these without changing them. Crave would match Damned and Gothic would match Dragon Girl. Dragon Girl and Damned are must-have shades of all the pencils.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Holy wow.
I cannot begin to sing my praises about this product enough.
This is a true blue based cherry red with a pink tone that, while is very bright, is amazingly pretty and brings out your facial features.
I am no stranger to bright coloured lips but I was rather surprised at how vibrant this colour was.
The great thing I have to note about this pencil which is its selling point is the lasting power. Where to start? I was wearing this at 10am this morning. It is now 4pm in the afternoon and it has not moved. Not even faded! It does not bleed and is a lovely velvety matte. I did not even wear a lipliner with this baby and it hasn't feathered It does not feel like you are wearing anything and the best part is that it does not dry out my lips, even being a matte.
The chubby pencil might not be everyone's idea of practical but with the right sharpener and making sure the cap is on tight, you have one very wearable and easy to apply red lipstick. How amazing. I really did not expect this much from a matte pencil but will definately be repurchasing and recommending.

It is however very expensive for 2.4g of product- a whopping AUD$50!!!!
However, due to how little you have to apply and how long this lasts I think it is a good investment and will continue to purchase over and over. I can now wear a red lip without having to worry about constant maintenance, yay!!! Absolute love <3
EDIT: the 'lead' of this lipstick pencil somehow broke at the base of the pencil and slid right out the top! This caught me by surprise. Cmon nars, if you're gonna charge me that much for a pencil at least make it sturdy! One lippy off for this, as i can still use it as long as i don't turn it upside down

on 10/3/2010 8:19:00 AM

I love the color, I'm pale and it works really well. Gorgeous red. But I don't like the application and the texture. I think red needs to be applied with care, so I use a brush to apply the color of the pencil. And the texture makes my lips look dry, so I always end up with a dab of clear gloss on top. I will buy again, the red is perfect, I just wish the texture was smoother.

on 9/15/2010 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This red lipstick looks amazing on my NW20 skin. I get compliments on it often. It's a slightly orange bright red that makes the white in your teeth pop. Because it's matte and because of the formulation, the color lasts forever and doesn't bleed. Also, because it's in pencil form, it's easy to apply. I do recommend using a lipliner just to get the edges perfect.

on 3/15/2009 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I found love with this stunning lip pencil. Dragon Girl is a gorgeous blue based, vivid red lipstick pencil. I am so happy that i read the reviews here at MUA and decided to try Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils. Dragon Girl is my absolute favorite of all the 17 colors. Dragon Girl is a more improved,sophisticated version of Mac's Ruby Woo. Dragon Girl is currently my HG red lipstick. I will continue to buy this chubby little wonder!!!!

Popular Lips Products