NARS Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
NARS Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl
Enter TitleVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlNars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.4

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 12/19/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite bright pink based red of all time. The color against my NW 18 skintone gives me a Snow White apperence.

It is a little drying but nothing compared to Ruby Woo by MAC another color I love.

When this wears off I’m still left with a lovely stain.

I also love the color of Icon by Horglass the liquid lipstick and lip gloss.

on 4/30/2015 11:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I recently purchased this. I am a HUGE lover of red lip colors; glosses, balms, sticks and now these pencils. As I'm "middle-aged", I tend to stay away from the matte lippies, although I do love the long-wear qualities of them. So, I purchased this and the NARS Mexican Rose Gloss stick to use on top of it. What a combo! And I get such nice, red, low-gloss lips for a very long time. Although having to sharpen the pencils isn't optimal, I do love the product! Highly recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This isn't RED, it's more of a pink-red. It's very matte and can be drying. It's kind of similar to Revlon Cherries in the Snow, but not glossy and not as vibrant. I hate that it has to be sharpened!

on 12/5/2014 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm not a red lip person at all in any shape or form. I love experimenting with makeup looks and colors but when it comes to a bold lip I just get so self conscious. I have no idea why but I've been that way since I can remember. All my lip product reviews can verify it! They're all for nudes, light pinks, peaches, and pastels. I've played with tons of red lipsticks at different makeup counters, trying on Chanel, Tom Ford, Guerlain, and Burberry... nothing won me over enough for me to commit to a purchase. Even the few that I sort of loved I just couldn't see myself wearing it more than a couple times a year. But I've had this in the back of my mind ever since I saw someone wearing it in a magazine several years ago and after trying it a few times I caved and bought it a few months ago and I have no regrets.

I'm super pale, NW5-10, with blonde hair, light hazel eyes, and small features, fine bones. I feel like this is one of the only reds I've ever tried that's actually flattering on me and doesn't swallow my features whole. I don't feel like I'm playing dress up with someone else's lipstick when I wear this. It suits me somehow. I only wear this with a very minimal face. Just a sheer foundation, some concealer, Mac's Painterly on my eyelids to even them out, Armani Brow Maestro, and maybe some mascara. I let this be the focus of my face.

The color is perfect for my neutral to slightly cool toned skin. It's definitely red on me, but a fresh version of it with that pink undertone. It never appears overly formal or special occasion only, though I'm sure it could easily go that way depending on the rest of my makeup. I love the matte finish because it looks very modern and fresh, especially paired with a dewy foundation.

I guess what draws me to this the most is the ease of it. Just a swipe and it looks youthful, polished without trying too hard, and chicly minimal.

I hate the packaging since it's hard to sharpen and wastes product. I wish it was in a twist up style pencil packaging like Bite's lip pencils. And sometimes it feels a little drying. But otherwise it's wonderful.

I don't wear it a ton, maybe once a week, but it's getting a lot of love and use. I'm feeling more confident with red lips now and I'd love to try some more versions and expand my field a little.

on 5/29/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Oh, how I wish this was longer lasting. This is a beautiful product, but it wears off from the inside of my lips out and doesn't leave a stain behind. I end up with uneven, "ring around the lips". It's still a beautiful color, applies like a creamy dream and is packed with pigment. It's not crazy drying but not particularly comfortable.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Fabulous!

OK, not helpful, I know. But, I love the NARS Velvet Matte pencils. Insanely good staying power. Not overly drying.

Dragon Girl is a great pop of color. I have almost-black hair, very pale (~NW15) skin, and it is fantastic. It's my everyday lipstick right now. (And seriously, when I say everyday, I mean everyday, I put it on after yoga, with just mascara, and feel great.) But I'm really comfortable with bright reds... This is great now in January; come summer, I'll probably switch back to Heat Wave or Red Square.

It doesn't make teeth look yellow, so a nice plus.

on 3/17/2012 12:16:00 PM

I really like the matte finish, I think it's much more flattering on younger people. The colour is also great on my yellow-toned fair skin. I also find pencils easier to apply than normal lipstick sticks. It's super expensive (17.50) here in England so I don't think I'd buy it again before trying out other reds, but this time round it was a gift so it's not too bad.

Plain and simply just LOVE Nars Lip pencils in Roman Holiday and Dragon Girl especially. Truly pops on my skin like nobodys business and being so matte it never bleeds so no fuss as some red lipsticks can be! :)

on 4/30/2011 11:36:00 AM

I believe this is one of the many NARS velvet matte lip pencils I'll buy from now on, but this colour is absolutely beautiful, you can either apply it lightly with some balm (it looks like a stain), with or without balm, and with a higher intensity or not (which is quite good, since you don't always want BRIGHT RED LIPS).
On the other hand, NARS products tend to be more or less expensive, but I must say it's worth the splurge. However, I must warn you: these lip pencils are quite addictive, and you might end up buying the whole collection (like i'm tempted to).
I think this colour is perfect, specially for those with fair skin, since it makes your lips pop, and it's a perfect spring and summer colour.
It can be a little bit dry (it's matte, let's get that straight) but a little lip balm will do the trick, let it nourish your lips, and then apply!

on 3/15/2007 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I went to the NARS counter to get Red Lizard, having just tried it on and loved it. The MA asked if I knew about the Dragon Girl lip pencil; she said it was the same color as Red Lizard but amazingly long-lasting. I bought it and now that I've looked at it in all sorts of lighting, it's looking a little pink (I'm a PPP with light brown hair, hazel eyes). It's a nice red, just not perfect.