NARS Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
NARS Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl
Enter TitleVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlNars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

3.9

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 9/12/2015 1:53:00 PM

This, along with Ruby Woo, is one of those colors I bought and after I put it on, felt like I was taking crazy pills. Red? How is this red? It is a dark, cool, bright pink. It is very nice and fun and bright, but not red. Maybe it works as a red if you have a dark red or orangey liner underneath to counter the pink, but on its own, it is a dark pink.

That being said, I do like it. It is a matte color that is comfortable and stays on. It is a nice enough color. I do prefer it to Ruby Woo, honestly, because it is more pink rather than wishy washy half red. I probably would not buy again because it will last forever, and if I do lose it, I have other bright pinks I like. I say try Urban Decay 69 if you are looking for a more red version of this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall this stuff looks okay, but it is extremely drying and not worth the price tag. Also, major bummer that it requires sharpening. If this cost $10 I'd probably buy it again, but as it is I kind of feel like I wasted my money.

on 11/5/2014 1:13:00 PM

The shade Dragon Girl wasn't exactly what I expected. It looks more like cool pink on my lips, especially when I haven't layered it. It's still pretty and I'm using it. I love the soft consistency and I would pick that anytime over a glossy finish. It was surprising how thin layer it creates, so making your lips look defined is easy. I wish there were more lipsticks like this. It's necessary to get a big sharpener for this pencil.

Love this! Since I found out it was Taylor Swifts go to red lipstick I had to buy it and now i'm considering more Nars lipsticks in more subtle everyday shades. The red is really vibrant and stayed on for ages, especially if you do a few coats. One coat with a little lip balm also gives a great effect.

Let me start by saying this is the shade that I've been searching for. It's the perfect blue based red, with a pinky undertone. As a matter of fact, I prefer it to Cruella for the sheer fact that I feel that it flatters my pale skin a bit better.

Plus, being that it's in pencil form, it makes it incredibly convenient to use.

But, like Cruella, the formula feathers like mad. It's disappointing because the color is so incredibly gorgeous.

on 12/5/2014 10:16:00 PM

I'll be honest, I purchased this lip color after finding out it was one of Taylor Swift's favorites. Her red lip just always look impeccable, so while waiting for a friend at the mall, I swung by Sephora and picked it up. My biggest complain is the price. That being said, however, the color on me is not very red. More of a deep pink. Which, I guess I should blame my skin tone for, unless I just picked out a rotten pencil? Who knows. The color does stay on for ages, and is easy to apply, but I find the formula to be drying. Better luck next time? (Only if there's a sale or I get a gift card for Sephora!)

Bought this one as I have it in belle de jour and love the feel. Thus is the mist feminine red I've ever worn and lasted all through a ball and dinner party.
One of my all time fave reds. Blue shades ensure no orange at all which makes teeth look brighter and compliments a multitude of complexions

on 2/18/2007 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This chubby pencil is just amazing. I love it! I use this as my everyday staple and want more colors! The texture is perfect and the color payoff is wonderful. It lasts a long time on my lips and therefore do not need to re-apply as much as I do with other lipsticks/lip products. Moreover, I like the pencil idea because it allows for a more precise application, especially with such an intense color. I use MAC's lip pencil in Brick with this and it rocks. You go, Nars! You have a winner!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This, sadly, did not work for me. It is, however, the most pigmented true red lip product I have ever found. It wear well and long. The packaging is slightly annoying, because I don't like sharpening. However, I think this works better for warm toned people.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

While skipping a class one day, I wandered into Bendel's and found myself at the Nars counter. The MA there kept on complimenting me and telling me what he'd love to do with my eyes, so I sat down happily and got my makeup done. I purchased this around the time that the pictures of Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton surfaced; Nicole was wearing a great bright red lipstick. So I asked if the MA had any suggestions. He suggested this pencil, and applied it on my lips. It looked AMAZING in the store. Everyone was complimenting me, saying it brought out my eyes! So he talked me into buying it. However, for some reason this doesn't look good anymore. I'm almost afraid of it. It's such a gorgeous vibrant red, I wish I knew how to wear it. I have pale skin with cool undertones, brown hair, and blue eyes. I don't want to return this product because I loved the way it looked in the store.