NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl
Enter TitleVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlNars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.9

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 4/30/2015 11:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I recently purchased this. I am a HUGE lover of red lip colors; glosses, balms, sticks and now these pencils. As I'm "middle-aged", I tend to stay away from the matte lippies, although I do love the long-wear qualities of them. So, I purchased this and the NARS Mexican Rose Gloss stick to use on top of it. What a combo! And I get such nice, red, low-gloss lips for a very long time. Although having to sharpen the pencils isn't optimal, I do love the product! Highly recommend!

on 3/26/2015 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product definitely lives up to the NARS reputation. It goes on smoothly, is bold, bright, matte, opaque, and has great staying power. I bought it from Sephora.com and the color isn't exactly what was advertised -- It's more of a pinky red than the red red classic shade I was looking for -- but I'm inclined to purchase it in other colors based on my experience with Dragon Girl, even if I wasn't a huge fan of the color.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a huge nude lipstick collector and owned one red lipstick. But lately, I'm just going through a phase to try more red lipsticks especially matte formula. I tried Nars lip pencil in biscayne park but it's not long lasting and I was not impressed with the formula. However, this nars lip pencil is the most flattering red to my yellow undertone skin. It's very matte but not drying. Unlike other lipstick formulas, it doesn't transfer and very long wearing.

I've been using Nars lip pencils for a few years now, but I've always stuck with the satin, hydrating formulas. I purchased my first matte pencil in the color Dragon Girl and I have to say that I love it. The product is easy to use/easy to draw on and the color stays on all day. I find that most matte lipsticks leave my lips looking chapped and cracked, but if you prime your lips with a dash of chapstick, blot it off, then apply - this color does the perfect trick.

I've been trying to get out of my comfort zone of pinky nude shades (faves include: Revlon balm stain in honey, Illamasqua's Climax and Guerlain's Gemma.) After a disappointing experience with MAC's Russian Red, I steered clear of reds. Until I saw Dragon Girl. I was torn between this or Cruella. Not gonna lie, bought it partly because it reminds me of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo lol. It's described as a "siren red." With my NC30 skin and black hair, it adds instant glam to my face without much effort. I was complimented by several people when I wore this today and it prompted me to write this review! I have dry lips with Blistex lip medex being my saving grace. First I apply one layer of Dragon Girl on my lips (it's seriously pigmented!), then use a lip brush to apply a bit of Blistex to the center of my lips and finally use a bit of Nars radiant creamy concealer with a brush to clean up the edges. I don't use a lip liner, the matte formulation allows the colour to stay put. I had this on for almost 12 hours today and had two meals, drank plenty of water and did no touch-ups and the colour only faded a bit on the center of my bottom lip. I was pleasantly surprised by how non-drying it is, despite the matte formula. This is quickly becoming my HG red. My only gripe about this product is the price, it's currently $31 CAD for 0.086 oz and yes, product does get wasted because it requires sharpening. But I suppose it's better to pay for a product that gets lots of love than to have it abandoned in a makeup drawer...

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Bought this for my 30th bday, I was doing the whole pin-up girl look and needed the perfect red shade. For me, THIS was it! It's matte but not dry at all! It went on smoothe but not dry. It's really long lasting, that's always a plus! I did use a red lipstick over it but that was extra. This would've been beautiful without it. I would definitely buy this in other shades. Three years later I still have this pencil and it's still great!

This is the perfect shade of red! This is the second red lipstick I ever bought and it's amazing on me; I could literally stop looking for another red lipstick if I wanted to! :) It might be a bit bright for some people to wear in everyday life but you should probably test it out in person first.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this lip pencil in Sephora and my sister commented on how good it looked on me. By the way, my sister hardly compliments me on my makeup. So, I knew I had to buy it right away.

I love the texture of the lip pencil, very creamy. It glides on easily and only a little is required for the pigment to show on my lips. Even though it looks intimidating at first, it is rather sheer and soft.

I have a fair-to-medium asian skin tone and so far this is the most flattering shade of red I had ever tried. It's not too drying or too pigmented.

It is pricey at $24 but I think this is a good investment.
Very convenient and easier to apply compared to normal lipstick.

Popular Lips Products