NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl

Filtered by hair type : Straight
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl
Enter TitleVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlNars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.8

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 8/12/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got a Nars velvet matte lip pencil and a satin one as well for my birthday, and liked it so much that I went to Sephora to pick up a velvet matte in a bright red. Dragon Girl is orangey-red, and on yellow undertone skin, it's more red than orange. It goes on smooth and binds instantly - good luck trying to get it off again! You do need to make sure your lips are well exfoliated because otherwise the pencil nature of it will pick up any imperfections. I usually put on a colorless SPF15 lip balm (Neutrogena or EOS), let it dry, and then put on this lip pencil. You are not going to get an exact line unless you keep your pencil super sharp all the time; I usually get a feathered edge because I wear my tip down before I remember to sharpen (I also bought the Nars pencil sharpener specifically for my growing collection of these matte lip pencils). After using these, I will never go back to wearing traditional lipsticks again - I have way more control with these, and I love how smooth yet matte these look. The packaging is very straight forward - it's a capped pencil after all, but for the price I don't care!

on 2/5/2015 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE NARS velvet matte! Have bought them and recommended them to all my friends and fam. They must think I'm secretly working for NARS or something! But for the good of woman kind, you can have an easy to apply, comfortable to wear, classy matte finish that lasts longer than any other lipstick I've ever worn. I have cruella, red square and dragon girl. Dragon girl and red square are my two faves. Dragon girl has this incredible depth once on. It starts off looking quite pink but put more on and the colour and texture just transform. I actually bought it unseen based on reviews, which I would never normally do, but I am so glad I did. The cons (wasted product when sharpening, may need to get a new NARS/other compatible sharpener too, price) are absolutely outweighed by the quality of this lipstick formula......

on 1/9/2015 12:46:00 PM

This is my shortest pencil yet! It's turning into a tiny little nub, and I need to repurchase it within this year.

I bought this back in 2011, and I still have 1/3 or 1/4 of it remaining. I bring this out for music concerts, late night events, out to dinners, and whenever I feel like it.

It's formula is long lasting, matte, and not killer-dry (like some MAC Retro Mattes literally have me weeping in physical pain. I did not realize this was possible for a lipstick to do.)

I usually have to only touch up once in one outing, if at all (at the corners of the lips usually.) It's opaque in one swipe, not painful to apply, and as the name says, a velvet matte pencil that I adore the bright cherry colour of!

I've been trying to get out of my comfort zone of pinky nude shades (faves include: Revlon balm stain in honey, Illamasqua's Climax and Guerlain's Gemma.) After a disappointing experience with MAC's Russian Red, I steered clear of reds. Until I saw Dragon Girl. I was torn between this or Cruella. Not gonna lie, bought it partly because it reminds me of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo lol. It's described as a "siren red." With my NC30 skin and black hair, it adds instant glam to my face without much effort. I was complimented by several people when I wore this today and it prompted me to write this review! I have dry lips with Blistex lip medex being my saving grace. First I apply one layer of Dragon Girl on my lips (it's seriously pigmented!), then use a lip brush to apply a bit of Blistex to the center of my lips and finally use a bit of Nars radiant creamy concealer with a brush to clean up the edges. I don't use a lip liner, the matte formulation allows the colour to stay put. I had this on for almost 12 hours today and had two meals, drank plenty of water and did no touch-ups and the colour only faded a bit on the center of my bottom lip. I was pleasantly surprised by how non-drying it is, despite the matte formula. This is quickly becoming my HG red. My only gripe about this product is the price, it's currently $31 CAD for 0.086 oz and yes, product does get wasted because it requires sharpening. But I suppose it's better to pay for a product that gets lots of love than to have it abandoned in a makeup drawer...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love to wear red lipstick, Dragon Girl is a bright blue based matte red, with a pink undertone. It's a creamy matte pencil (which are my least favorite kind of lipstick because when you sharpen them you lose some product). It applies really easy, it's almost fully opaque, and it lasts a long time on the lips. It looks so pretty on, it kind of reminds me of Ruby Woo from MAC, but this isn't as red. I'm not a fan of the pencil, but the color is so beautiful I'm willing to over look it.

on 1/9/2014 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Very pretty on my currently NC20 skin (or in summer, NC25-30). Definitely adds a bright pop of colour, and looks especially good with minimal/natural eye make-up or a cat-eye. I love the matte finish, which isn't drying at all. I ended up buying a few more NARS Velvet Matte pencils and they are all outstanding, and now staples in my make-up kit.

Love it - easy to reapply when/if needed throughout the day, doesn't feather, very pigmented, creamy and non-sticky. I like the pencil form because it is easier to travel with and apply and not as messy as liquids or regular lipstick. Perfection!

on 6/11/2012 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love this lip pencil because although it is a matte finish, it is not at all drying and therefore comfortable to wear. However, it is better to use a balm as well to better preserve moisture and wear time. Speaking of which, it lasted and lasted and had very low transferability. It wouldn't budge except during meals.

The only downside is the packaging. The lid won't stay on the pencil very well, and the fact that the pencil requires sharpening means that an already small product will have to be partially wasted.

I loved the brightness of this color. Dragon Girl is a vibrant pink-red on my lips, which is a nice pop. I find it absolutely gorgeous!

This is the perfect shade of red! This is the second red lipstick I ever bought and it's amazing on me; I could literally stop looking for another red lipstick if I wanted to! :) It might be a bit bright for some people to wear in everyday life but you should probably test it out in person first.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So in love with this product!

It is described as a "vivid siren red" and i have to say it is quite accurate.

It is a bright blue based true red. At first I tried it on my hand and it turned a bit fuschia, but on my lips, WOW. I feel like a 40's siren!

It is matte and a bit drying, but i personally only use matte lipsticks so this one is the best for me.

Dragon Girl and Cruella are my favorites and i will keep buying them despite the steep price.