NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl
Enter TitleVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlNars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.5

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This product is amazing. It was the first red I tried on my lips and it looks so good. It is not intimidating at all for a red lipstick, as it has some pink in it. It also makes my teeth look whiter.

The formula isn't as drying as I though it was going to be, but I wore eos lip balm underneath. It stayed all day on my lips without smudging, but of course I had to retouch it a bit on the inside of my lips after eating, which i find completely normal. It didn't looked weird though.

The packaging is really good because as it is a pencil, it makes everything easier, which is great because I find difficult to apply red lipstick perfectly.

The only bad thing about this product is the price tag, but it lasts so long and looks so good that it makes it a little bit more reasonable.

Overall I would recommend this to everyone that his looking for a red lipstick that will not smudge and is flattering.

As a worshipper of the Church of Red Lips for nearly half a decade now, I've decided I have to have this as soon as every magazine and blogger started singing its praises. I've to wait for quite a while because it was sold out for several months in my country, apparently due to the avid Taylor Swift fans (this is the shade she wore on her Blank Space music video). Imagine my surprise when I finally tried it on and saw that it pulled very pinkish red on me and my pale, yellow-undertoned complexion. I guess I expected it to be more...Dragon Red? Anyway, I've grown to like this color. It's unlike any of the reds in my current arsenal, which is its strength, I suppose. Staying power is good and the finish is comfortable on my lips, but bearing in my mind that I do slather some Lucas Papaw ointment on my lips several minutes before I apply this. Love that it's travel-friendly. Gripes: a. I had to buy the special-sized Nars sharpener for this; b. I hate seeing how much product is wasted whenever I sharpen this; c. The cap has the tendency to come off when inside a makeup bag with other products. I was recently gifted with Cruella so I'll update on which of the two I'd prefer to repurchase once they get worn to the nub.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best red lipstick out there. If you have fair skin and love blue-based reds, this is a must have. I've never used any lipstick to the hilt as much as I did with this one. It applies nice and even and makes my teeth whiter. This is my favorite red lipstick.

It is tad bit drying towards the end, but it's quite like that for all matte lipsticks. I wish it was a twist-up though, because I don't like sharpening pencils and for some reason, any other sharpener that isn't NARS don't work on this one.

Repurchasing, for sure!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall this stuff looks okay, but it is extremely drying and not worth the price tag. Also, major bummer that it requires sharpening. If this cost $10 I'd probably buy it again, but as it is I kind of feel like I wasted my money.

on 3/23/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I finally did it. I finally bought Dragon Girl. After falling in love with Cruella, Walkyrie, and Never Say Never, I decided to drop the dollars and pick up this iconic shade. For a long time, I'd strayed from blue-based reds because I wanted that bright, fire engine red with orange undertones that always seemed to stand out on camera. DG remained woefully overlooked as a result.
But then I swatched it. And hold the phone! This pulled beyond blue-red on me. It morphed into the most gorgeous red-pink I'd ever seen! Needless to say, I bought it immediately.
The formula is consistent with the whole of the range (short of Train Bleu, which I still own because I can't bring myself to admit that it doesn't work for me) in that it glides on smoothly and effortlessly, delivering one-swipe opacity without loads of tugging. I don't find it to be drying on my perpetually parched lips, but it's certainly not hydrating either. It's matte. What do you expect?
But man, is this stuff weightless! It wears like a second skin on my lips, drenching them in color without feeling heavy or waxy. There's some transfer onto my coffee cup, but not so much that it drives me mad or anything. And it lasts SO LONG. This stuff really hangs on for dear life.
My only gripe is with the packaging. At $26USD a pop, it's criminal that these don't retract, but instead need to be sharpened, which wastes product. Uncool, NARS. Super uncool.
But I'll still purchase these pencils because they are phenomenal. Yes, they are expensive. Yes, the packaging is less than ideal. But the colors are amazing and always on trend and the formula is fantastic. Sometimes, that's the best you can hope for.

on 2/5/2015 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE NARS velvet matte! Have bought them and recommended them to all my friends and fam. They must think I'm secretly working for NARS or something! But for the good of woman kind, you can have an easy to apply, comfortable to wear, classy matte finish that lasts longer than any other lipstick I've ever worn. I have cruella, red square and dragon girl. Dragon girl and red square are my two faves. Dragon girl has this incredible depth once on. It starts off looking quite pink but put more on and the colour and texture just transform. I actually bought it unseen based on reviews, which I would never normally do, but I am so glad I did. The cons (wasted product when sharpening, may need to get a new NARS/other compatible sharpener too, price) are absolutely outweighed by the quality of this lipstick formula......

on 1/1/2015 8:44:00 PM

I am not going to mince my words here, this colour is amazing. I am currently going through a red lipstick phase and have purchased many red lipsticks the past few weeks. This is hands down my favourite. The colour is exactly how they've described it; vibrant red. It has a way of making my Asian skin glow and my teeth extra white.

I highly recommentd this and will definitely repurchase!

on 1/23/2014 3:52:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like this product, it's a lip pencil that I can rely on when applying in the morning to still have on during lunch.
Pretty much the only thing I don't like about this product is the fact that it's in a pencil form and needs sharpening.
The product is highly opaque and is very matte without being drying, though I would recommend that people with usually dry lips moisturise before application.
Though it's a great product, there are others that have a similar - if not the same - shade and texture in friendlier forms such as a lipstick tube. Therefore I will likely not be repurchasing this product.

Perfect red for my NC 25/30 skin!! The only matte lip colour range I can use without it drying out my lips. Excellent staying power on me. I always still have some red left in the morning even after a thorough cleanse the night before! You eventually loose some of the colour from eating and drinking but you don't get that obvious lipstick mark on your glass/bottle. I normally only have to reapply once for a whole night out. Clean up and reapplication is easy peasy! Love!

on 5/30/2013 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color is pretty, but didn't seem to bring my face alive (NW20, almost black hair, brown eyes). It did not look bad at all, but for this much money, I want one of those great shades that just brings everything together effortlessly. Also, I was disappointed in the pencil itself. I went through every Nars lip pencil thing they had and this was one of two colors that interested me. I chose this one because it was matte and I thought would make a lovely stain type of product. But it smeared...every where. I would apply it and it went on much brighter on my face than the swatch I did on my hand. I had to be careful applying it. But even with lip liner this created a fuzzy lip line. And the product didn't "stay" like I expected. It was more smeary than an average lipstick. All in all, it was too much mediocrity for the money. I had to return it.

Popular Lips Products