NARS Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl

Filtered by skin type : Normal
NARS Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl
Enter TitleVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlNars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.5

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 8/26/2018 6:11:00 AM

Very bright, almost neon coloured red lipstick!
I really dig it when first applied on the lips cos it brighten your face.
And also liked that it lasts long with its matte finished.
Incredibly found it versatile when its removed easily by wet tissue. So overall give you 4 out of 5 !
1 minus is that the crayon stick is too thin and light to grab.

Dragon Girl is the perfect red! It was recommended to me by a NARS rep at my local Sephora and firstly i was rather hesitant because it seemed to me too bright and cool toned for my NC15 warm skintone but when i saw myself in the mirror i was stunned. It´s a gorgeous cherry red sade that made my skintone pop. It applies like a dream and it can be applied lightly as a stain. It´s a matte product so it can feel a tad dry but with a little bit of lip balm underneath i´m fine.

on 12/5/2014 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm not a red lip person at all in any shape or form. I love experimenting with makeup looks and colors but when it comes to a bold lip I just get so self conscious. I have no idea why but I've been that way since I can remember. All my lip product reviews can verify it! They're all for nudes, light pinks, peaches, and pastels. I've played with tons of red lipsticks at different makeup counters, trying on Chanel, Tom Ford, Guerlain, and Burberry... nothing won me over enough for me to commit to a purchase. Even the few that I sort of loved I just couldn't see myself wearing it more than a couple times a year. But I've had this in the back of my mind ever since I saw someone wearing it in a magazine several years ago and after trying it a few times I caved and bought it a few months ago and I have no regrets.

I'm super pale, NW5-10, with blonde hair, light hazel eyes, and small features, fine bones. I feel like this is one of the only reds I've ever tried that's actually flattering on me and doesn't swallow my features whole. I don't feel like I'm playing dress up with someone else's lipstick when I wear this. It suits me somehow. I only wear this with a very minimal face. Just a sheer foundation, some concealer, Mac's Painterly on my eyelids to even them out, Armani Brow Maestro, and maybe some mascara. I let this be the focus of my face.

The color is perfect for my neutral to slightly cool toned skin. It's definitely red on me, but a fresh version of it with that pink undertone. It never appears overly formal or special occasion only, though I'm sure it could easily go that way depending on the rest of my makeup. I love the matte finish because it looks very modern and fresh, especially paired with a dewy foundation.

I guess what draws me to this the most is the ease of it. Just a swipe and it looks youthful, polished without trying too hard, and chicly minimal.

I hate the packaging since it's hard to sharpen and wastes product. I wish it was in a twist up style pencil packaging like Bite's lip pencils. And sometimes it feels a little drying. But otherwise it's wonderful.

I don't wear it a ton, maybe once a week, but it's getting a lot of love and use. I'm feeling more confident with red lips now and I'd love to try some more versions and expand my field a little.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Oh LAWD is this gorgeous. It is such a gorgeous bright blue-red. The formula is amaaazing. Such a comfortable smooth matte that fades evenly. Just glides like a dream when you apply it. This needs to be in my collection always. One of the best reds out there. I adore the name, too.

on 1/15/2013 9:47:00 PM

Dragon girl is a bright blue-red (against my skin at least) and I love that it's buildable. One quick swipe and it gives me a stained lip effect. A few more and it looks like carefully applied lipstick. I love that unlike lipstick, it doesn't smell and I don't need a lip brush to precisely line the edges and corners of my mouth. The color lasts all day, though it does fade a little so you will need to touch it up just a bit. What I don't like is that it does dry out my lips, but not as much as lipstick.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So in love with this product!

It is described as a "vivid siren red" and i have to say it is quite accurate.

It is a bright blue based true red. At first I tried it on my hand and it turned a bit fuschia, but on my lips, WOW. I feel like a 40's siren!

It is matte and a bit drying, but i personally only use matte lipsticks so this one is the best for me.

Dragon Girl and Cruella are my favorites and i will keep buying them despite the steep price.

I love this color for a bold red in the summer time.Its a bright red that is not for the shy ladies out there. Im a NW20 and have a freind that is a NC40 and this color gives up both the same color pay off and effect. It gives smooth rich color and wears gracefully. On my the color needs to be touched up every 5 hours without eating or drinking. I will saythat this can be a pain to sharpen. I have used this on several different sharpeners and have lost product everytime. You would think for how pricey it is the packaging would be better. But as for the product itself.... Wonderful!

on 4/26/2011 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I'm in luv with this color, as is my husband!! Very lucious and pin-up, but not your average red shade. Perfect for when you want to shutdown your inner wallflower, cuz heads will turn when you wear this shade. On my fair, cool-toned skin with auburn hair, it appears an orrangish-red shade. Normally I would think "yuck, no way" but it is gorgeous va-va-voom. And very versatile. You can use it as just a lip liner or color in your lips. You control the pigmentation by using a light hand or building the color on your lips. Love that it is matte, and sometimes I add a clear gloss (Nars Triple X) to make it look more dewy. Even when you wipe it off, the stain still looks gorgeous, not messy and dried out like most lip matte colors or stains. Outstanding! And my new HG for a glamourous night out. I'm over the washedout pinkies and light pastels now that make your lips look the same color as your chin only shinier ...look out.

on 6/7/2009 1:32:00 PM

This is my all time favourite red lipstick. Beautiful texture, stays put for hours and is a real show stopper, especially if you have a decent lip size. Not for shrinking voilets but if you want to wow this is a winner. Go get!

I love the texture and the finish of Nars Velvet pencils: matte, non-drying and really long-lasting but if you have Ruby Woo you don't need Dragon Girl. I prefer DG over RW b/c I find it more easy to apply and if I have to rec only one, I'll rec DG.
On me (NW20, brown hair, green eyes) DG is a flattering cherry red (very cool). I like the pinky undertone (RW is a vivid true red on me), that's why I don't regret my purchase!