NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl
Enter TitleVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlNars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.3

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 12/19/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite bright pink based red of all time. The color against my NW 18 skintone gives me a Snow White apperence.

It is a little drying but nothing compared to Ruby Woo by MAC another color I love.

When this wears off I’m still left with a lovely stain.

I also love the color of Icon by Horglass the liquid lipstick and lip gloss.

Dragon Girl is the perfect red! It was recommended to me by a NARS rep at my local Sephora and firstly i was rather hesitant because it seemed to me too bright and cool toned for my NC15 warm skintone but when i saw myself in the mirror i was stunned. It´s a gorgeous cherry red sade that made my skintone pop. It applies like a dream and it can be applied lightly as a stain. It´s a matte product so it can feel a tad dry but with a little bit of lip balm underneath i´m fine.

on 9/12/2015 1:53:00 PM

This, along with Ruby Woo, is one of those colors I bought and after I put it on, felt like I was taking crazy pills. Red? How is this red? It is a dark, cool, bright pink. It is very nice and fun and bright, but not red. Maybe it works as a red if you have a dark red or orangey liner underneath to counter the pink, but on its own, it is a dark pink.

That being said, I do like it. It is a matte color that is comfortable and stays on. It is a nice enough color. I do prefer it to Ruby Woo, honestly, because it is more pink rather than wishy washy half red. I probably would not buy again because it will last forever, and if I do lose it, I have other bright pinks I like. I say try Urban Decay 69 if you are looking for a more red version of this.

on 4/14/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Nars "Dragon Girl" is my go to red lipstick, and I have many, many red lipsticks. If I am having a low self esteem day, all I have to do is put this on and everything is all better. I think empowering is the word I'm looking for. It is a very bright matte pinky red and not for wallflowers. It tends to be a little drying so you will need to wear lip balm underneath. Excellent staying power as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This isn't RED, it's more of a pink-red. It's very matte and can be drying. It's kind of similar to Revlon Cherries in the Snow, but not glossy and not as vibrant. I hate that it has to be sharpened!

Love this! Since I found out it was Taylor Swifts go to red lipstick I had to buy it and now i'm considering more Nars lipsticks in more subtle everyday shades. The red is really vibrant and stayed on for ages, especially if you do a few coats. One coat with a little lip balm also gives a great effect.

on 1/9/2015 12:46:00 PM

This is my shortest pencil yet! It's turning into a tiny little nub, and I need to repurchase it within this year.

I bought this back in 2011, and I still have 1/3 or 1/4 of it remaining. I bring this out for music concerts, late night events, out to dinners, and whenever I feel like it.

It's formula is long lasting, matte, and not killer-dry (like some MAC Retro Mattes literally have me weeping in physical pain. I did not realize this was possible for a lipstick to do.)

I usually have to only touch up once in one outing, if at all (at the corners of the lips usually.) It's opaque in one swipe, not painful to apply, and as the name says, a velvet matte pencil that I adore the bright cherry colour of!

on 12/5/2014 10:16:00 PM

I'll be honest, I purchased this lip color after finding out it was one of Taylor Swift's favorites. Her red lip just always look impeccable, so while waiting for a friend at the mall, I swung by Sephora and picked it up. My biggest complain is the price. That being said, however, the color on me is not very red. More of a deep pink. Which, I guess I should blame my skin tone for, unless I just picked out a rotten pencil? Who knows. The color does stay on for ages, and is easy to apply, but I find the formula to be drying. Better luck next time? (Only if there's a sale or I get a gift card for Sephora!)

on 12/5/2014 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm not a red lip person at all in any shape or form. I love experimenting with makeup looks and colors but when it comes to a bold lip I just get so self conscious. I have no idea why but I've been that way since I can remember. All my lip product reviews can verify it! They're all for nudes, light pinks, peaches, and pastels. I've played with tons of red lipsticks at different makeup counters, trying on Chanel, Tom Ford, Guerlain, and Burberry... nothing won me over enough for me to commit to a purchase. Even the few that I sort of loved I just couldn't see myself wearing it more than a couple times a year. But I've had this in the back of my mind ever since I saw someone wearing it in a magazine several years ago and after trying it a few times I caved and bought it a few months ago and I have no regrets.

I'm super pale, NW5-10, with blonde hair, light hazel eyes, and small features, fine bones. I feel like this is one of the only reds I've ever tried that's actually flattering on me and doesn't swallow my features whole. I don't feel like I'm playing dress up with someone else's lipstick when I wear this. It suits me somehow. I only wear this with a very minimal face. Just a sheer foundation, some concealer, Mac's Painterly on my eyelids to even them out, Armani Brow Maestro, and maybe some mascara. I let this be the focus of my face.

The color is perfect for my neutral to slightly cool toned skin. It's definitely red on me, but a fresh version of it with that pink undertone. It never appears overly formal or special occasion only, though I'm sure it could easily go that way depending on the rest of my makeup. I love the matte finish because it looks very modern and fresh, especially paired with a dewy foundation.

I guess what draws me to this the most is the ease of it. Just a swipe and it looks youthful, polished without trying too hard, and chicly minimal.

I hate the packaging since it's hard to sharpen and wastes product. I wish it was in a twist up style pencil packaging like Bite's lip pencils. And sometimes it feels a little drying. But otherwise it's wonderful.

I don't wear it a ton, maybe once a week, but it's getting a lot of love and use. I'm feeling more confident with red lips now and I'd love to try some more versions and expand my field a little.

I'm a red lipstick addict! I've a drawer practically filled to the brim with every shade/style out there. But this one is my ABSOLUTE favorite. The color is stunning, there's really no comparison. The texture-while a bit dry-is the perfect matte. It stays on FOREVER, doesn't bleed, and is easy to apply. If I had to criticize this product at all, it would be, of course, for the priceyikesand the pencil itself. I really wish it were easier to sharpen. I have a very high end sharpener from Aveda which normally works wonders on my other pencil productsbut this Nars pencil is extremely hard to sharpen without it breaking. I've tried putting it in the fridge, I've tried keeping it warm and soft, but nothing seems to work. I've read other reviews that have recommended purchasing the Nars special sharpenerbut I really would hate to buy a sharpener JUST for this when I already have one that works on every other pencil product I have. That being said, I would buy this product again. It's worth it to me. I love the compliments I get with this lippy, and highly recommend it to any lovely, lipstick wearing lady/gent out there.

Popular Lips Products