NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl
Enter TitleNARS Dargon Girl + MAC Russian Red LGVelvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon GirlNars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.6

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 11/17/2016 6:38:00 AM

I loved this lip pencil shade . Found it Mac product .I just bought it from http://just4girls.pk/ two months ago. Its quality and quantity both are best. I must say to everyone try it you gonna love it ..

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This product is amazing. It was the first red I tried on my lips and it looks so good. It is not intimidating at all for a red lipstick, as it has some pink in it. It also makes my teeth look whiter.

The formula isn't as drying as I though it was going to be, but I wore eos lip balm underneath. It stayed all day on my lips without smudging, but of course I had to retouch it a bit on the inside of my lips after eating, which i find completely normal. It didn't looked weird though.

The packaging is really good because as it is a pencil, it makes everything easier, which is great because I find difficult to apply red lipstick perfectly.

The only bad thing about this product is the price tag, but it lasts so long and looks so good that it makes it a little bit more reasonable.

Overall I would recommend this to everyone that his looking for a red lipstick that will not smudge and is flattering.

Dragon Girl is the perfect red! It was recommended to me by a NARS rep at my local Sephora and firstly i was rather hesitant because it seemed to me too bright and cool toned for my NC15 warm skintone but when i saw myself in the mirror i was stunned. It´s a gorgeous cherry red sade that made my skintone pop. It applies like a dream and it can be applied lightly as a stain. It´s a matte product so it can feel a tad dry but with a little bit of lip balm underneath i´m fine.

As a worshipper of the Church of Red Lips for nearly half a decade now, I've decided I have to have this as soon as every magazine and blogger started singing its praises. I've to wait for quite a while because it was sold out for several months in my country, apparently due to the avid Taylor Swift fans (this is the shade she wore on her Blank Space music video). Imagine my surprise when I finally tried it on and saw that it pulled very pinkish red on me and my pale, yellow-undertoned complexion. I guess I expected it to be more...Dragon Red? Anyway, I've grown to like this color. It's unlike any of the reds in my current arsenal, which is its strength, I suppose. Staying power is good and the finish is comfortable on my lips, but bearing in my mind that I do slather some Lucas Papaw ointment on my lips several minutes before I apply this. Love that it's travel-friendly. Gripes: a. I had to buy the special-sized Nars sharpener for this; b. I hate seeing how much product is wasted whenever I sharpen this; c. The cap has the tendency to come off when inside a makeup bag with other products. I was recently gifted with Cruella so I'll update on which of the two I'd prefer to repurchase once they get worn to the nub.

on 9/12/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This, along with Ruby Woo, is one of those colors I bought and after I put it on, felt like I was taking crazy pills. Red? How is this red? It is a dark, cool, bright pink. It is very nice and fun and bright, but not red. Maybe it works as a red if you have a dark red or orangey liner underneath to counter the pink, but on its own, it is a dark pink.

That being said, I do like it. It is a matte color that is comfortable and stays on. It is a nice enough color. I do prefer it to Ruby Woo, honestly, because it is more pink rather than wishy washy half red. I probably would not buy again because it will last forever, and if I do lose it, I have other bright pinks I like. I say try Urban Decay 69 if you are looking for a more red version of this.

on 8/27/2015 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Since I've worn makeup I been a true MAC ruby woo/Russian red matte lipstick obsessed nutcase. That is until I found Dragon Girl. Can we just stop and honor the amazingness that this color gives. The bright blue/pinky/red life that dragon girls breathe is worth every single expensive penny. While I still love MAC's matte red, when ever I put Dragon Girl on its like the first time all over again. I always think "why don't I wear this everyday again?!" Its the perfect pick me up/lets tattle this Monday lipstick.

on 8/12/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got a Nars velvet matte lip pencil and a satin one as well for my birthday, and liked it so much that I went to Sephora to pick up a velvet matte in a bright red. Dragon Girl is orangey-red, and on yellow undertone skin, it's more red than orange. It goes on smooth and binds instantly - good luck trying to get it off again! You do need to make sure your lips are well exfoliated because otherwise the pencil nature of it will pick up any imperfections. I usually put on a colorless SPF15 lip balm (Neutrogena or EOS), let it dry, and then put on this lip pencil. You are not going to get an exact line unless you keep your pencil super sharp all the time; I usually get a feathered edge because I wear my tip down before I remember to sharpen (I also bought the Nars pencil sharpener specifically for my growing collection of these matte lip pencils). After using these, I will never go back to wearing traditional lipsticks again - I have way more control with these, and I love how smooth yet matte these look. The packaging is very straight forward - it's a capped pencil after all, but for the price I don't care!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best red lipstick out there. If you have fair skin and love blue-based reds, this is a must have. I've never used any lipstick to the hilt as much as I did with this one. It applies nice and even and makes my teeth whiter. This is my favorite red lipstick.

It is tad bit drying towards the end, but it's quite like that for all matte lipsticks. I wish it was a twist-up though, because I don't like sharpening pencils and for some reason, any other sharpener that isn't NARS don't work on this one.

Repurchasing, for sure!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall this stuff looks okay, but it is extremely drying and not worth the price tag. Also, major bummer that it requires sharpening. If this cost $10 I'd probably buy it again, but as it is I kind of feel like I wasted my money.

on 4/30/2015 11:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I recently purchased this. I am a HUGE lover of red lip colors; glosses, balms, sticks and now these pencils. As I'm "middle-aged", I tend to stay away from the matte lippies, although I do love the long-wear qualities of them. So, I purchased this and the NARS Mexican Rose Gloss stick to use on top of it. What a combo! And I get such nice, red, low-gloss lips for a very long time. Although having to sharpen the pencils isn't optimal, I do love the product! Highly recommend!

Popular Lips Products