NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl
Enter TitleVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlNars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.6

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 12/19/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite bright pink based red of all time. The color against my NW 18 skintone gives me a Snow White apperence.

It is a little drying but nothing compared to Ruby Woo by MAC another color I love.

When this wears off I’m still left with a lovely stain.

I also love the color of Icon by Horglass the liquid lipstick and lip gloss.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This product is amazing. It was the first red I tried on my lips and it looks so good. It is not intimidating at all for a red lipstick, as it has some pink in it. It also makes my teeth look whiter.

The formula isn't as drying as I though it was going to be, but I wore eos lip balm underneath. It stayed all day on my lips without smudging, but of course I had to retouch it a bit on the inside of my lips after eating, which i find completely normal. It didn't looked weird though.

The packaging is really good because as it is a pencil, it makes everything easier, which is great because I find difficult to apply red lipstick perfectly.

The only bad thing about this product is the price tag, but it lasts so long and looks so good that it makes it a little bit more reasonable.

Overall I would recommend this to everyone that his looking for a red lipstick that will not smudge and is flattering.

Dragon Girl is the perfect red! It was recommended to me by a NARS rep at my local Sephora and firstly i was rather hesitant because it seemed to me too bright and cool toned for my NC15 warm skintone but when i saw myself in the mirror i was stunned. It´s a gorgeous cherry red sade that made my skintone pop. It applies like a dream and it can be applied lightly as a stain. It´s a matte product so it can feel a tad dry but with a little bit of lip balm underneath i´m fine.

on 8/27/2015 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Since I've worn makeup I been a true MAC ruby woo/Russian red matte lipstick obsessed nutcase. That is until I found Dragon Girl. Can we just stop and honor the amazingness that this color gives. The bright blue/pinky/red life that dragon girls breathe is worth every single expensive penny. While I still love MAC's matte red, when ever I put Dragon Girl on its like the first time all over again. I always think "why don't I wear this everyday again?!" Its the perfect pick me up/lets tattle this Monday lipstick.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best red lipstick out there. If you have fair skin and love blue-based reds, this is a must have. I've never used any lipstick to the hilt as much as I did with this one. It applies nice and even and makes my teeth whiter. This is my favorite red lipstick.

It is tad bit drying towards the end, but it's quite like that for all matte lipsticks. I wish it was a twist-up though, because I don't like sharpening pencils and for some reason, any other sharpener that isn't NARS don't work on this one.

Repurchasing, for sure!

on 4/30/2015 11:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I recently purchased this. I am a HUGE lover of red lip colors; glosses, balms, sticks and now these pencils. As I'm "middle-aged", I tend to stay away from the matte lippies, although I do love the long-wear qualities of them. So, I purchased this and the NARS Mexican Rose Gloss stick to use on top of it. What a combo! And I get such nice, red, low-gloss lips for a very long time. Although having to sharpen the pencils isn't optimal, I do love the product! Highly recommend!

on 4/14/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Nars "Dragon Girl" is my go to red lipstick, and I have many, many red lipsticks. If I am having a low self esteem day, all I have to do is put this on and everything is all better. I think empowering is the word I'm looking for. It is a very bright matte pinky red and not for wallflowers. It tends to be a little drying so you will need to wear lip balm underneath. Excellent staying power as well.

on 3/23/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I finally did it. I finally bought Dragon Girl. After falling in love with Cruella, Walkyrie, and Never Say Never, I decided to drop the dollars and pick up this iconic shade. For a long time, I'd strayed from blue-based reds because I wanted that bright, fire engine red with orange undertones that always seemed to stand out on camera. DG remained woefully overlooked as a result.
But then I swatched it. And hold the phone! This pulled beyond blue-red on me. It morphed into the most gorgeous red-pink I'd ever seen! Needless to say, I bought it immediately.
The formula is consistent with the whole of the range (short of Train Bleu, which I still own because I can't bring myself to admit that it doesn't work for me) in that it glides on smoothly and effortlessly, delivering one-swipe opacity without loads of tugging. I don't find it to be drying on my perpetually parched lips, but it's certainly not hydrating either. It's matte. What do you expect?
But man, is this stuff weightless! It wears like a second skin on my lips, drenching them in color without feeling heavy or waxy. There's some transfer onto my coffee cup, but not so much that it drives me mad or anything. And it lasts SO LONG. This stuff really hangs on for dear life.
My only gripe is with the packaging. At $26USD a pop, it's criminal that these don't retract, but instead need to be sharpened, which wastes product. Uncool, NARS. Super uncool.
But I'll still purchase these pencils because they are phenomenal. Yes, they are expensive. Yes, the packaging is less than ideal. But the colors are amazing and always on trend and the formula is fantastic. Sometimes, that's the best you can hope for.

Love this! Since I found out it was Taylor Swifts go to red lipstick I had to buy it and now i'm considering more Nars lipsticks in more subtle everyday shades. The red is really vibrant and stayed on for ages, especially if you do a few coats. One coat with a little lip balm also gives a great effect.

on 2/5/2015 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE NARS velvet matte! Have bought them and recommended them to all my friends and fam. They must think I'm secretly working for NARS or something! But for the good of woman kind, you can have an easy to apply, comfortable to wear, classy matte finish that lasts longer than any other lipstick I've ever worn. I have cruella, red square and dragon girl. Dragon girl and red square are my two faves. Dragon girl has this incredible depth once on. It starts off looking quite pink but put more on and the colour and texture just transform. I actually bought it unseen based on reviews, which I would never normally do, but I am so glad I did. The cons (wasted product when sharpening, may need to get a new NARS/other compatible sharpener too, price) are absolutely outweighed by the quality of this lipstick formula......