NARS Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl

Filtered by age: 44-55
NARS Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl
Enter TitleVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlNars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.7

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 12/2/2008 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

For reference: I'm a Latina, middle-aged, NC44 coloring--

This is a gorgeous color on me. A cooler toned red, vibrant and very glamourous. I like the velvet matte's dense and smooth texture. Someone mentioned it tends to run, and yes, it does. If this was less expensive (come on, 24 bucks???) and didn't run, it would get five lippies for the faboo color and easy application.

Very flattering to my olive med-dark tone. Has a bit of a graying effect on teeth, I note.

on 4/30/2015 11:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I recently purchased this. I am a HUGE lover of red lip colors; glosses, balms, sticks and now these pencils. As I'm "middle-aged", I tend to stay away from the matte lippies, although I do love the long-wear qualities of them. So, I purchased this and the NARS Mexican Rose Gloss stick to use on top of it. What a combo! And I get such nice, red, low-gloss lips for a very long time. Although having to sharpen the pencils isn't optimal, I do love the product! Highly recommend!

on 12/20/2011 1:16:00 PM

As I mention in my other review for a different Velvet Matte lip color (see the color "Damned"), I love these pencils overall. The formulation, the holding power, the matte look etc. The only thing I'll therefore add regarding this color is...it's a nice red color without being too 'in your face' or high maintenance looking, as say a more traditional red lipstick would be. The matteness of this pencil makes this red look less 'haute couture', which is fine with me! It's perfect if you are going for that sort of 'Mad Men' makeup look.