NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl

Filtered by age: 25-29
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl
Enter TitleVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlNars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.5

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These NARS Velvet Matte pencils are addictive, so beware of your wallet being more empty. I love a matte red lip and it's so chic year round, especially in the autumn and winter or for holiday parties. Dragon Girl is described as "siren red". If you want a more vivid red and even longer lasting color, use a lip stain under it. The Revlon Just Bitten stains last all day for me and a matching color enhances these without changing them. Crave would match Damned and Gothic would match Dragon Girl. Dragon Girl and Damned are must-have shades of all the pencils.

I'm a red lipstick addict! I've a drawer practically filled to the brim with every shade/style out there. But this one is my ABSOLUTE favorite. The color is stunning, there's really no comparison. The texture-while a bit dry-is the perfect matte. It stays on FOREVER, doesn't bleed, and is easy to apply. If I had to criticize this product at all, it would be, of course, for the price…yikes…and the pencil itself. I really wish it were easier to sharpen. I have a very high end sharpener from Aveda which normally works wonders on my other pencil products…but this Nars pencil is extremely hard to sharpen without it breaking. I've tried putting it in the fridge, I've tried keeping it warm and soft, but nothing seems to work. I've read other reviews that have recommended purchasing the Nars special sharpener…but I really would hate to buy a sharpener JUST for this when I already have one that works on every other pencil product I have. That being said, I would buy this product again. It's worth it to me. I love the compliments I get with this lippy, and highly recommend it to any lovely, lipstick wearing lady/gent out there.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is bright, Technicolor Wonder Woman red. On me it looks blue-based, as many reds do. Three Sephora MA's complemented me on it while I was at the mirror scrutinizing - which actually made me more dubious. There is a line between bombshell and garish; this red snorts that line. I'm lusting for it it like crazy, but I'm just not taken with the velvet mattes for the price. They can be drying and wrinkly on me. Thank God I'm not usually drunk during Sephora hours; whenever I can't find anything else I like, I'm always tempted to take this home for illicit trysting. It's definitely a good-time gal.

on 3/20/2014 8:22:00 AM

Everytime I wear this I get several compliments with everyone always asking me what I've got on my lips! Extremely long wearing, it's rarely leaves a print on my wine glass, where my other friends are constantly topping their lipstick I never have to when I'm wearing this. Really recommend using Chapstick 15mins before applying dragon girl and using a lipliner for the precise application (I use MAC cherry). Hate thing I don't like is the pencil formula, however this will not stop me buying in the future

on 9/17/2012 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love this lipstick so much! This is a perfect bold statement red lip on me. Forreference I am Nw45, Revlon Cappuccino, L'Oreal Mahogany. This looks like a pin-up red lip on me. Will repurchase forever and ever!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This isn't RED, it's more of a pink-red. It's very matte and can be drying. It's kind of similar to Revlon Cherries in the Snow, but not glossy and not as vibrant. I hate that it has to be sharpened!

on 11/5/2014 1:13:00 PM

The shade Dragon Girl wasn't exactly what I expected. It looks more like cool pink on my lips, especially when I haven't layered it. It's still pretty and I'm using it. I love the soft consistency and I would pick that anytime over a glossy finish. It was surprising how thin layer it creates, so making your lips look defined is easy. I wish there were more lipsticks like this. It's necessary to get a big sharpener for this pencil.

Dragon Girl is the perfect red! It was recommended to me by a NARS rep at my local Sephora and firstly i was rather hesitant because it seemed to me too bright and cool toned for my NC15 warm skintone but when i saw myself in the mirror i was stunned. It´s a gorgeous cherry red sade that made my skintone pop. It applies like a dream and it can be applied lightly as a stain. It´s a matte product so it can feel a tad dry but with a little bit of lip balm underneath i´m fine.

on 8/27/2015 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Since I've worn makeup I been a true MAC ruby woo/Russian red matte lipstick obsessed nutcase. That is until I found Dragon Girl. Can we just stop and honor the amazingness that this color gives. The bright blue/pinky/red life that dragon girls breathe is worth every single expensive penny. While I still love MAC's matte red, when ever I put Dragon Girl on its like the first time all over again. I always think "why don't I wear this everyday again?!" Its the perfect pick me up/lets tattle this Monday lipstick.

on 10/3/2010 8:19:00 AM

I love the color, I'm pale and it works really well. Gorgeous red. But I don't like the application and the texture. I think red needs to be applied with care, so I use a brush to apply the color of the pencil. And the texture makes my lips look dry, so I always end up with a dab of clear gloss on top. I will buy again, the red is perfect, I just wish the texture was smoother.