NARS Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
NARS Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl
Enter TitleVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlNars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.6

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This product is amazing. It was the first red I tried on my lips and it looks so good. It is not intimidating at all for a red lipstick, as it has some pink in it. It also makes my teeth look whiter.

The formula isn't as drying as I though it was going to be, but I wore eos lip balm underneath. It stayed all day on my lips without smudging, but of course I had to retouch it a bit on the inside of my lips after eating, which i find completely normal. It didn't looked weird though.

The packaging is really good because as it is a pencil, it makes everything easier, which is great because I find difficult to apply red lipstick perfectly.

The only bad thing about this product is the price tag, but it lasts so long and looks so good that it makes it a little bit more reasonable.

Overall I would recommend this to everyone that his looking for a red lipstick that will not smudge and is flattering.

on 3/17/2012 12:16:00 PM

I really like the matte finish, I think it's much more flattering on younger people. The colour is also great on my yellow-toned fair skin. I also find pencils easier to apply than normal lipstick sticks. It's super expensive (17.50) here in England so I don't think I'd buy it again before trying out other reds, but this time round it was a gift so it's not too bad.

on 4/30/2011 11:36:00 AM

I believe this is one of the many NARS velvet matte lip pencils I'll buy from now on, but this colour is absolutely beautiful, you can either apply it lightly with some balm (it looks like a stain), with or without balm, and with a higher intensity or not (which is quite good, since you don't always want BRIGHT RED LIPS).
On the other hand, NARS products tend to be more or less expensive, but I must say it's worth the splurge. However, I must warn you: these lip pencils are quite addictive, and you might end up buying the whole collection (like i'm tempted to).
I think this colour is perfect, specially for those with fair skin, since it makes your lips pop, and it's a perfect spring and summer colour.
It can be a little bit dry (it's matte, let's get that straight) but a little lip balm will do the trick, let it nourish your lips, and then apply!

on 6/23/2009 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Amazing texture. it's a nice matte that doesnt feel drying at all. staying power is great. the color is very pigmented, one light stroke already gives amazing color pay off
i really love these pencils, the formula is genius.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

While skipping a class one day, I wandered into Bendel's and found myself at the Nars counter. The MA there kept on complimenting me and telling me what he'd love to do with my eyes, so I sat down happily and got my makeup done. I purchased this around the time that the pictures of Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton surfaced; Nicole was wearing a great bright red lipstick. So I asked if the MA had any suggestions. He suggested this pencil, and applied it on my lips. It looked AMAZING in the store. Everyone was complimenting me, saying it brought out my eyes! So he talked me into buying it. However, for some reason this doesn't look good anymore. I'm almost afraid of it. It's such a gorgeous vibrant red, I wish I knew how to wear it. I have pale skin with cool undertones, brown hair, and blue eyes. I don't want to return this product because I loved the way it looked in the store.