ModelCo LASHXTEND Lengthening Mascara

ModelCo LASHXTEND Lengthening Mascara

3.6

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Don't you just love a spontaneous purchase that turns out to be awesome? I purchased this because it was on special. Usually this retails for about $22 Australian, but it was on special for $11 and I thought I would give it a go. The claim is that it won't smudge, run or flake. I have heard that before and it is usually not true. It is also one of those mascaras that claim to "tube" each lash and wash off easily in just water. To say my expectations were pretty low is an understatement.

Anyway, imagine my surprise when I first applied this and one application increased my lash length. I followed up with two more coats and I can honestly say that I have never used anything better. It really does seem to individually coat each lash and the effect is similar to CG Clump Crusher, only way better. However, the proof of staying power had not yet been established, so I waited until the evening and just as they said, there was no flakes, running or smudging. Best of all, it really did wash off easily. Yay! I have found my new HG mascara.

on 11/18/2013 12:25:00 AM

HG HG HG HG

Shiny, glossy, even, non-clumping, black black, super lengthening, thickens without clumps or unevenness, a dream to apply, no need to comb out..

Great everyday mascara that doesn't look ott but still makes lashes (and my face generally) look better than any other mascara I've tried. Looks amazing at night, probably as it is glossy and shiny.

Lashes look uber healthy! Does not flake, crumble, dry, fade, wear off, run or evaporate.

My eyelashes are so lengthened after applying this that they tap the inside of my sunglasses lol..but as lashes remain flexible, it's not a concern, no snapped lashes.

This mascara with simple tight-lining is brilliant!

I can use this day in day out, until the tube is totally used up, it does not dry out or clump up. So even better value, no wastage.

I have tried Lancome, Dior, Napoleon Perdis, you name it and nothing gets anywhere near this in terms of exceptional product nor value. This mascara provides both.

The original hot pink packaging is the ultimate formulation. The new reformulated (?) in the black tube packaging seems a bit different. I think maybe it was TOO GOOD! Anyway I just bought a buy 1 get 1 free from Chemist Warehouse gift pack, so I will compare them. I had stocked up on the pink tubes a while back thinking god help me if they discontinue this stuff.
Will update with comparison.

FYI, running a close 2nd for an inexpensive mascara is Maybelline Lash Stiletto. I find it wears well and applies nicely without clumps and tube does not dry out. Just a reliable mascara.

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

I got this as a full-size Birchbox sample. I would never spend that much on mascara. To be honest it performs worse than all the drugstore brands I've used. But, I always find ways to use products - I'm addicted to using this mascara as my "base coat" and "bottom lash" mascara. I add layers of Maybelline The Falsies or Colossal Cat Eyes over the top for the more full and dramatic look I like. I don't like those mascaras by themselves (too wet/clumpy) but a layer of this underneath helps define the lashes and prevent the wet formulas from clumping. Now I'm all about mascara layering and will continue to find two mascaras and wear them together.

on 12/4/2011 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Others mentioned that this mascara is dry. I had to add a few drops of water within days of getting it so that I could actually use it. Beyond the dry formula, Xtend is fine; a bit clumpy and smudgy, but gives a decent effect. I'll use what I have, but that's about it.

Have to agree with the reviewer below me - this is the worst mascara I have EVER used. Ugh. Why are modelco so inconsistent with their products?? I got this for christmas (came in a gift pack with the new turbolash wand, which is amazing btw) and oh man, it's just so horrible. Gives you cheap looking, clumpy, stumpy, tarantula lashes. YUCK. I applied to one eye before washing it off and throwing it straight in the bin.

on 8/15/2010 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is the single worst mascara I've ever used. I don't know if it was old when I purchased it or if it was just the formula but it was sooo dry! (And I prefer a drier mascara). Plus, the wand felt cheap and flimsy (the brush itself was okay, but it would've suited a wetter formula better).

on 8/15/2009 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don`t get this mascara. Yes you get a really natural look with this but you would with any mascara that is almost empty and dried out which is the feel of this one...
This didn`t lengthen my lashes either. I had to apply about 3 layers to actually get ANY effect. Bad stuff.

on 7/18/2009 11:55:00 AM

A pretty boring mascara - it flakes, doesn't apply particularly well but its black is pretty intense at first before it inevitably dries up and becomes goopy. I don't recommend it.

on 7/11/2009 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is the most boring mascara I've ever bought. I have long, light lashes so most mascaras do the job of making them look good (they really only need color). This monstrosity does nothing for them. Adding to the "fun", it flakes almost as bad as Great Lash.

on 4/18/2009 8:49:00 AM

I bought this in blue and navy. The product was OK, I quite liked it. However, when it came time to remove it, I would find that 95% had worn off during the day! No staying power :(