Avon Perfect Wear Long Lasting Mascara(black)

2.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Why didn't I listen to you guys, I read the bad reviews and still bought this anyway! By lunchtime I had big black smudges under my eyes and had only applied the mascara to my top lashes. I have NEVER had a mascara that travels so badly. The only good thing about this mascara is the wand which is amazing, otherwise the product is so bad it is embarassing. This will be going straight back.

This mascara is a pretty decent one. It makes me lashes look thick, dark, and long. However, it is hell to remove! I wear mine daily and I have devoted about 10 minutes each night to removing this. And it doesn't even come off completely. As long as I'm using this product, I have pretty much a permanent coat of mascara on my lashes, even though I wash my face and use eye make-up remover on them. However, it obviously does last forever, and it's look great. I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have to time to remove it, but I would recommend it if you want great looking lashes and have the time.

This has been renamed "Extralasting" mascara, but its just the Perfect Wear line revamped. I like the mascara as far as long-lasting, nice deep black and it makes my lashes look insanely long. But...I do get undereye smudges with it!! I hate that. Also, the brush is plastic and spikey, and if you're not careful you can cause some serious pain. That being said, I like the length it gives me and it doesn't irritate my eyes, so yeah I will probably repurchase. And thus continues the search for a totally perfect mascara!

I bought and used this mascara two years ago, so this review is very vague. This was one of my very first mascaras ever and i absolutely loved it!. I didnt have any problems whatsoever, it gave me the same sort of effect as great lash, just an awesome natural looking everyday mascara. I loved the brush so much that after the mascara dried out i spent ages cleaning the brush and i continued to use it with other mascaras, i used it after applying a bad mascara that i had to get rid of clumps.

I love that there is finally a mascara that doesn't overwhelm my eyes. This darkens but doesn't fatten up my lashes - I love it! The tip gets a bit messy and fluffy but they all do so no lippies off for that.
Edit: A month or so has passed since I started using this mascara. Unfortunately I soon noticed consistent under eye smudging so unless I keep check throughout the day it DOES spread downward and it's noticeable. I've decreased the rating to 2 stars because that sort of smudging is so impractical and annoying. If Avon would tend to that flaw in the product I would deft repurchase.

Oh dear.

Another disappointing mascara!
As others have said, this mascara does an ok job of darkening the lashes, and a useless job of lengthening and creating volume.

Scariest part for me was the removal - I lost at least 4 lashes trying to remove it.

Would never contemplate using this mascara again, much less contemplate re-purchasing - the thought of pulling more of my eyelashes out scares the bejeesus out of me!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Long lasting indeed but very hard to remove even when I already used an oil-based makeup remover. I like that it does make my lashes long but it became clumpy after three uses. The brush attracted too much of the formula on both ends and was goopey. It volumized my sparse lashes but it's clumpy/sticky to work with. I found that bending the wand made application easier but it's probably the reason why it became clumpy (it introduced more air into the formula).

Oh my goodness. This is a terrible mascara. It doesn't do anything except clump and just sit there on there lashes. I have naturally long lashes, and yet it still somehow managed to make them look stumpy and brittle. Even if I don't like a product, I ususally try to use it, but I just couldn't with this one.
It's also a nightmare to take off. Normal face cleanser doesn't quite do the trick and you end up with black around your eyes.
Stay away from this one girls.
I have now switched to Anna Sui's Super Long Lash Mascara and I have to say it is the best one I've ever tried by far.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this free as a gift with some perfume else I would have had a refund. This mascara is so bone dry I can hardly get it on my lashes at all, would need about a dozen coats I reckon to get any where with it. Crap!

As you can probably tell from my reviews I am a Avon freak!!!- I own a ton of avon products, and because of this I end up liking half of the stuff, and wanting to throw the others. I found this mascara left dark smudges under my eyes, even after applying powder- I don't know why, but every time I wear this( yes, I believe in giving things a couple of trys) I still end up looking like a racoon -- Maybe this tube of mascara is bad-- it doesn't seem like anyone else has this problem. Is any-one else having trouble with this, or is it just me?