E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 1 Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Polybutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

About the Ivory #23175 pressed powder with 1.0% salicylic acid:

It's another favorite E.L.F. product I love and use daily. The velvety, clean, matte finish makes me look airbrushed (blemish and pore-free). It's a color that matches my skin tone even though I am neutral to light but with warmer base tones.

I tried to find this Clarifying powder at a Target but couldn't so I bought the Flawless Face Powder because it had salicylic acid in it also. I look for that to help prevent blemishes.

This is not a bad finishing powder however if you have dry skin,obviously you should stay away from it.
It seems to control shine for a couple of hours. It has a mattifying effect but if you have fine lines,whether from aging or expression,this product may emphasize them.
Use with caution on the under eye area as it may look cakey and drying.
All in all it's a fairly good setting powder but nothing spectacular.

To Read all 213 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Do not control shine at all. I like the compact size but the product is useless. Will not purchase again.

I got mine at Dollar Tree, so even though e.l.f. has decided on a 100% price increase ($2), I still only paid $1. I got "Ivory" and "Apricot Beige", the latter being a too dark/orange for my fair skin. This powder goes on well, has a bit of coverage and more of a satin matte finish, that pure chalky matte. My issue is that it does not hold back shine at all, and actually seems to make it worse! I also think this may break me out, the opposite of what it's supposed to do. I do like how small and portable the compact is, and the included puff is decent, but the lack of a mirror is ridiculous...I need a mirror in the compact for on the go touch-ups e.l.f.! For the same price, you can buy L.A. Colors pressed powder, which has more product, a mirror, and holds back shine for at least a little while.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is USD$2 & comes an adequate puff (toss that when ur done w the powder! It's nice to have a new applicator.) I don't remember their $1 powder coming with a puff. It's $2 now thou. This is my HG! The Salicylic acid is a definite bonus coz I'm acne prone & an oil slick. There isn't a ton of product in here but for $2 I can afford to replace it compared to MAC Blot Powder u get more elf to last for a year lol $26 is a lot for a powder n no shades match me w MAC. I'm a perfect Porcelain in elf but if I'm at the mercy of what is on the store display somexs so I got Ivory this time it's not ideal but it works. Apricot beige is a good color too I wear apricot beige in the Cover Sticks but Light Beige is a tinge better but whatevz when I ordered the Cover Sticks Light Beige was out of stock OOS on elf's website ;/ I can make do all of the colors that are named beige are pretty similar actually tbh. Love this powder my HHHHHHHHGGGGGGG!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I brought it in the lightest shade (ivory) which has yellow undertones.

Pros:
-Yellow undertone (for me anyways) so it matches quite well. (I'm asian with pale yellow skin).
-Easy to carry around and it has a puff which is quite handy for touch ups.
-Does NOT break me out.
-Cheap... depends on how you think of it, here in Australia we get it for $6 at Kmart, and you must be aware that this powder is very very VERY small, but last quite a while.
-I wear this over my primer, since there's no foundation in Australia that matches my skin color.
-Coverage wise, it's medium to full coverage (and note, I only wear this over my primer), want better coverage, use more (I don't dab it over my face, I sweep it over my face with the puff).

Cons:
-It's powder, apply to much and people can tell that you're wearing makeup, specially on your laugh lines. It'll show and it'll crack.
-Can be drying, not sure if it's the tiny percent of salicylic acid. So I don't recommend this for people with dry skin.
-Lid has fallen off a couple of time, but I can pop it back in.
-I wish it has more product in it.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I was a bit skeptical at first being that this powder is $2 at target. I needed something to even out my face as I had left my usually go to product at home. I have severely dry skin and this powder went on beautifully! it went on evenly and didn't make me look chalky. I wouldn't load it on thigh because it starts to click onto dry skin once you over do it. I just wish it had a mirror 😥 I'm on my third one and would definitely recommend it to my beauties on a budget! xo

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

It makes my skin ashy. Doesn´t help with acne. Doesn´t last long.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the only e.l.f product I have repurchased to date, and is probably why I keep trying all of their stuff, hoping that something else will be both cheap and great.

This is just powder. You put it on your face and it keeps your oil under control. (If you're me.)
The ivory is light enough for me, it doesn't look cakey unless you put too much on, and it doesn't irritate my skin. Win, win, win. I'm not sure if its actually helping blemishes, but it's definitely not making them worse.

My only complaint is that the top lid breaks off every time I get a new one.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely COULD NOT live without this powder. For 99 cents, this is definitely by far one of my favorite powders that can be found at a drug store. Not only is it CRAZY INEXPENSIVE, it works so great for acne prone skin!!! I've found that my skin NEVER breaks out after using this, and it actually helps my acne, and gives me light-medium coverage. This works just as well as my more expensive powders, and sets my foundation great. When using this alone, I don't even have to bother taking it off due to the fact that it actually helps my skin. The small packaging is so convenient; it can be taken almost anywhere without an issue. I always grab 5 of these at a time and NEVER regret buying them.