4.1

price range

Reviews

2.0

4 years ago

I received a tester of this cream with my Cleansing Milk from Osea Malibu. I was incredibly excited to try as the cream has loads of fantastic reviews and seemed suited to my dry/sensitive skin. (I ADORE the cleansing milk so the brand is held in high esteem). I applied the cream as directed and it felt lovely and smooth on application, the scent is slight but there, but doesn't irritate my skin. However, this cream was not enough for my dry skin, within a minute the cream has soaked in leaving my face looking matte, tight and feeling generally dry. I had to put my weleda skin food over it to add more hydration. Would work well for oily/combination skins however! Excellant brand, shame the moisturiser wasn't for me!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I am and have been a fan for Osea for multiple years. I have worked with almost every singl product they have. The Ad. Cream is highly highly concentrated. Use with finger tips only, warm up and dab on to apply. When i say use little, i literally dab my finger into the pot- looks like nothing but covers my whole face and then some. I find that working with the outside of my face (outside cheek, forehead, neck and then working my way in to the areas where i clog up more quickly ie T-zone is the best way to use this product. I live in desert, high dry climate of Denver and this is one product i always have in my arsenal. Excellent product!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

7 years ago

I love that this product is super hydrating, yet it doesn't make my skin oily feeling. It really minimizes the appearance of lines and is super protective in the winter. When I bought it, I was worried it would be too heavy, but I can use it in summer and winter with no problem. Love this product - I consider it a staple.

About reviewer (164 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

Hands down, this is the most effective cream I've ever used on my 37-year old skin. I've gone through a constant rotation of creams that all blend together in their mediocrity. But Osea's Advanced Protection Cream is in a league all of its own. It's a moisture surge, it's a beauty cream, it's a soothing balm, and a serum all in one. I'm so happy that I can toss all the other creams I own away and religiously use this one! I must say, you want to ensure that your skin barrier is fully intact and healthy before you begin using this cream. Like other posters have noticed, this cream has a lot of active ingredients in it, and they are delivered at high concentrations. For that reason I love AllisonWonderland's suggestion that it be considered like a concentrate to be diluted a little. But this cream is amazingly effective, used undiluted (in my experience), for achieving the following feats: --delivering anti-aging actives into the skin with immediate and long term results --making my skin look refreshed, glowing, and matte all at the same time --evening out skin tone AND skin texture (little crepiness and orange peel skin I have on certain areas are gone!!!) --providing superior anti-oxidant protection and a barrier against the elements. Find me another cream out there that is able to accomplish all of the above, especially under $100--it doesn't exist! Advanced Protection Cream is truly a miraculous product. I love that I don't need an extra Vitamin C serum with this cream, the main active ingredient, DPHP, is more effective that Vit C! I consider my skin sensitive and have never reacted to this cream, even a little bit. But it does tingle when I put it on my skin, so I would conserve this skin for when you aren't doing peels, microdermabrasions, lasers, and other skin barrier-compromising procedures, and use it for when your skin is healthy and you want it to look and feel its absolute best! I'm so glad I looked here through the reviews, Inspired by others, I'm going to take my own advice, too. ;)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBlond

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I've been reading the reviews, and I am so surprised about the negatives. I'm just going to lay it out there, ladies... You're not using it right. This cream is more than just a cream. It's a treatment. It's incredibly concentrated, which means it will last an eternity. The results that can be had from this cream, outstanding. This stuff is not a joke, or a marketing gimmick. I'll say that the couple ladies who had reactions, yeah. I don't think this is for very sensitive skin. Mildly sensitive skin, sure. It's SO CONCENTRATED. Really sensitive skin needs something more benign. Because you can't treat aging when you're that sensitive, you have to start with calming the sensitivity or nothing will work. So now back to this magical sea-brew. Oh yeah, Creme De La Mer? Did you think you'd cornered the market on awesome seaweed cream? Not even close, you greasy b**ch. This stuff delivers the goods. Now here's how to use it: think of it as a concentrate. What do you do with a concentrate? You dilute it, you don't use it full strength. Also, your skin is like a sponge. A damp sponge is way faster to absorb liquid than a bone-dry sponge. Skin operates that way, too. If you put this cream on bone-dry skin, full strength... ABORT MISSION. I guarantee it will feel thick and gross and oddly un-moisturizing. Get your skin wet. You're welcome.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

I have been using this cream along with Osea's eye cream for close to 4 years now. The Advanced Protection cream is a definite staple for me. I have to use it at least 3 times a week. I used to be a skin care addict and will have about 5 face creams in rotation with tons of serums, oils, etc. After adopting a more simplistic skin care routine, i find that my skin is still young looking and I credit this cream (along with retin-A and my triple vitamin C serum). I introduced the cream to my mother, and she also cannot be without it.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2.0

12 years ago

I purchased this Osea skin cream because it is marketed as being good for sensitive skin due to pure, high quality, organic, non irritating ingredients, etc. I was not impressed with the product, it is very heavy and tacky and does not blend well into the skin. My skin did eventually soak it up and for a few minutes it felt and looked smooth. However, it did not provide lasting moisture - my skin was patchy within 30 minutes. Within 2 days of use I had break outs and it burned the skin at my temples and on my neck. I am glad I only bought the sampler pack. This product is NOT for sensitive skins.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

from

12 years ago

The texture is almost like a silky smooth body butter, it's dense and rich but smooth and not greasy. I use it on my eyes, neck and chest and occasionally if I'm dried out from retinol products I'll use it all over as a night cream. Don't we all want to use products that actually WORK instead of just SAYING they work? This cream actually in all seriousness works. To me that means it's worth the hefty price tag, but to each her own.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3.0

13 years ago

I LOVE this for my combination skin (prone to dehydration) - I have avalange to thank for introducing me to the OSEA range (EDS forum). I love that it soaks in leaving skin velvety and feeling protected with no oilyness or heavyness, but is still really hydrating. Didn't break me out either! I tried this because I had redness and sensitivity on my cheeks following using a retinoid. The redness persisted and would be worse in the morning and take till lunch to fade - this cream calmed it down and reduced the redness in about 30/40 mins and it has now gone completely! I also love that it 'multi tasks' you can use it as a nightcream, dilute it with HA or even the sea minerals as a lighter day cream, and I found it is also a good eye cream too (I only had a sample of the eyes & lips and decided the APC would do the job so didn't order the eye cream although its lovely too). Will definitely repurchase! Update - sadly I have had to stop using this as I developed a sensitivity to it - if I used it it would give me bright red 'dolly' cheeks which I never normally suffer from. :o(

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0
from

13 years ago

I'm still undecided on this one, but as of right now I probably wouldn't repurchase. I like that the ingredients are natural, and I think that with continued use I'll probably see some difference in my skin. (I've been using it for only about 3 weeks, so it's still too early for me to see any real difference.) The reason I'm not sure how much I like this is that, for a very dense, thick cream, it doesn't feel very emollient to me. Five minutes after I put it on, my skin feels a little tight and dry, and I feel like I have to add another moisturizer. Maybe it's more of a treatment cream than a moisturizer? I think once I finish this jar, I may go back to Juice Beauty's green apple antioxidant moisturizer.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination