MAC Studio Stick SPF 15 ] [DISCONTINUED]

MAC Studio Stick SPF 15 ] [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Ingredients from packaging: OCTINOXATE 5.00%; TITANIUM DIOXIDE 2.90%; DI-PPG-3-MYRISTYL ETHER ADIPATE; PHENYL TRIMETHICONE; SILICA; HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER; DIMETHICONE; TRIBEHENIN; C20-40 ALCOHOLS; ISONONYL ISONONANOATE; OZOKERITE; ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT; TOCOPHERYL ACETATE; ASCORBYL PALMITATE; RETINYL PALMITATE; LECITHIN; ALUMINUM STEARATE; TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE; SORBITAN LAURATE; PROPYLENE GLYCOL LAURATE; PROPYLENE GLYCOL STEARATE; POLYSORBATE 20; STEARIC ACID; PROPYLPARABEN; TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891); IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 3/10/2011 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I purchased this on the expert recommendation of Erin at scandalousbeauty.com. I am soo happy that I listened! This goes on smoothly, the coverage is buildable and it's one of two MAC foundation products that I can use without my face burning off (MSF is the other). I am NC50 actually I should say that I WAS NC50. MAC discontinued this foundation a few months to push their mineralize cream (awful grease making crap). I am hoping that one day, TPTB will come to their senses and bring back my beloved Studio Stick.

on 3/2/2011 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Okay, so I thought that I would never buy another MAC foundation again, but after I recently saw this at my local CCO I had to try it out. I am in love with it. I am a NW45/NC50 in MAC foundations and I purchased this in NC50 (it was the last one ) -: ) I am looking for backups now. I put it on early in the morning around 9am, went to church, lunch, shopping, played 2 games of Laser Tag and more and at 10pm it still looked awesome!!! No touch ups (I primed my face with Too Faced face primer which is awesome too). I highly recommend you picking some up. Just not at My CCO because I want em all! LOL! Oh, yea... why does MAC always discontinue its best products??? SMH!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried almost every MAC foundation and this is definitely one of their foundations I use the most or on a daily basis (more for during the day) I really like the consistency. I have combination skin (oily T normal cheeks, dry beard/chin area) When I apply the foundation all over my skin it blends in very smoothly and the best way to apply in my opinion is with your hands for more control and you waste less of the product, since it does run out very fast. (Using it almost daily will probably only last you 2-3 months). On days when I am on the go or running late I like how it is in stick form and can dab it on on problem areas or even under the eye to cover dark circles. I am NC25, and i find that it covers my blemishes and pores very well
(won't cover spots completely, you will definitely need a concealer) and makes your skin appear so smooth. I do have acne-pron skin and this foundation does not make me break out and I have been using it for months.

Cons?
-You do use a lot of the product (runs out quickly) especially if you are using it on your entire face daily.
- I get oily (T zone) 3-4 hours later
- Even though it is a creme foundation, you definitely need to moisturize dry areas because flaky/dry skin will be even more apparent.
- It tends to transfer easily, obviously more if you have oily skin

on 10/29/2010 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product has been discontinued where I live but I thought I'd still review it for those to whom it's still accessible. This is a lightweight, medium coverage foundation stick. If you decide to get this, beware; you are bound to run out of it rather fast as you need quite a large amount of it for your entire face (I'd say about 10 swipes per application - 3 on each cheek, 2 on the forehead etc). It was recommended to me by a friend a few years back, when I had just gone out of chicken pox and needed something to cover my recent scarring big time. Well, this wansn't exactly it; it did even out my skintone and helped disquise minor imperfections, but in no way did it ever rise to the level of something effective enough to camouflage pox leftovers. Looking back however, I realize I was wrong to expect so much from a product which by no means claimed to be full-coverage (I was new to Mac then and looked it up on their website much later). So what was wrong about the whole situation was the faith I put in it to cover my acne/pox residue, when in fact it wasn't the right product to foster such hopes. So now, judging it as a normal, everyday foundation and not some miracle worker, I'd say it's ok - covers alright if you already have reasonably good skin, but dries up your face, sets into fine lines and generally looks cakey after a while. Wouldn't really recommend, even for someone in search of a quick and practical way of applying a medium-coverage foundation, as I believe there are a lot better products out there serving this very purpose.

on 10/2/2010 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love love love this foundation ! it covers great , last long and covers great lol i took on lippie because sometimes it makes my skin looks a lil greasy but other then that its great i will buy again and again

on 10/2/2010 6:21:00 AM

I bought this product, not as a foundation, but a more natural under eye concealer, as I thought it was a better deal for the price, compared to other concealers (cost in terms of weight).

As a foundation, I personally found it a bit heavy, and made my combination skin feel congested, and prone to breakouts when used everyday- probably due to the ingredients which allows for it to be in stick form in the first place. It applies smoothly, with the convenience of being dotted on quickly, then blended with a brush or with your fingers.

The colour range is excellent though, as expected from MAC. I could have gone with either the NC25, NC 29, or NC 30 for my olive skin. ( I bought the NC30, as it was approaching summer at the time). It's due to this reason that I use it as a concealer, as it matches my skin tone perfectly, rather than buying a concealer which sort of matches.

It's an excellent natural looking concealer, easy to layer (I've put on more than 3 without looking cakey under the eyes), and is moisturizing than alot of other concealers, but not sticky with a smooth even finish. I've also used it as an occasional quick, on-the-go foundation when I'm feeling especially lazy on holidays, as it is great for travel purposes. No messy powders or liquid.

I'd purchase it again as a concealer in a heartbeat, but would probably have to do it on Ebay, as it looks as though it's been discontinued (it's no longer on MAC's website, as far as I can see). 5 stars as a concealer, 3-4 stars as a foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This was my first MAC purchase and quite possibly my first foundation purchase. I got it at a CCO a few years back.
I LOVE this foundation. I was saddened to hear it was going to get discontinued (by a MAC employee).

I will snatch up a few before that happens, but I'm sure CCO, and other places will still have them around.

I think the coverage is great - It goes on so smooth and looks so natural.

Great product to throw in your bag.

on 8/22/2010 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked this foundation. Great colour, great coverage, a cinch to apply. Skin looked flawless when wearing it (surprisingly so since I hate the liquid studio fix)
But I write the review in the past tense because I have just been to purchase another stick to be told it is being discontinued : - ( SO I didnt bother this time and am currently using Revlon!

I really like this product! I just got it earlier this week, and I'm ecstatic about the way it looks on my skin. I have it in the shade NC20, and I really use it more as a concealer than a foundation. I haven't applied it as a foundation, so I'm not sure if the results will be the same, but I really do like the way it looks on me. The purpose of this review was just to mention to any of my NYC girls out there that you can purchase this product at Cosmetics Market on 37th Street between Madison and 5th for just $11! That's where I got mine, and I couldn't believe the price! They sell quite a bit of MAC, MUFE, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Stila, and more brands for dirt cheap! Check them out if you get a chance!

Hope this was helpful :)

on 7/22/2010 4:44:00 PM

Love it! I stumbled upon this product when a similar product by Clinique was discontinued. Boy, am I glad I found this! It gives good coverage, it's very smooth and doesn't cake. I don't use it all over my face, just around the cheeks/nose area. I am not sure it would cover any major flaws like pimples, but I believe MAC has a separate concealer for that.