C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Lip Balm

C.O. Bigelow  My Favorite Lip Balm

3.7

Ingredients:Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Squalane, Bis-Diglyceryl Poyacyadipate-1, Shea Butter 5%, Sweet Almond Oil 2%, Oat Kernal Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Candelila Wax, Jojoba Esters, Bisabolol, Vit A Palminate, Cholesterol, Aloe Ex, Allantoin, Vit E, Vanilla Ex, Glycine Soybean Oil

on 2/13/2017 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Well this didn't work out very well for me. I like the packaging and the angled tip applicator but not much else. The scent is fine too I guess, kind of a soft vanilla scent. This is a very slick balm and almost too thin to be a balm imo. It doesn't seem to add any moisture to my lips and even the slick feeling is gone after less than an hour. I think this was about $7.50cad at Bath and Body Works which is way too much for a product that doesn't work. Give it a 1.5 and would not repurchase
Edit - this product separated after owning it for about 2 months. I went to apply it and all of this runny oily liquid squirted out and made a mess. Gross, definitely will not repurchase.

on 2/26/2015 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this lip balm! It is one of the most truly moisturizing lip treatments I have ever used. This winter has been especially brutal for my lips, which have become dry and cracked. No matter what I put on them, nothing seems to help. Burt's Bees balm sticks are great for maintaining moisture that's already there, but I find them inefficient for actually remedying winter-chapped lips. I hate lip treatments with mint, so I try to avoid them. I picked this up at Bath & Body Works and am so impressed. It is clear but not tacky or sticky and stays on for a very long time without drying out. I put this on at night and when I wake up, my lips feel soft and hydrated. They even look plumper from the added moisture retention. Ingredients look pretty great (I love shea butter and don't have a problem with petrolatum) and the smell is pleasant enough. Super glossy and shiny. I was at my wit's end trying to find something to moisturize my lips, and this product has made such a dramatic difference. Will definitely repurchase! And at $7.50, it feels like a steal.

on 2/22/2014 5:11:00 PM

This seems like a lip gloss to me. Doesn't moisturize at all. Very disappointed. Full of gross ingredients too--petrolatum, etc.

on 11/2/2014 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

smells pleasant but not moisturizing at all. very disapponted..

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've used blistex for a long time, but ever since i stumbled accross this, i will not be returning to blistex for a very long time.
1. Packaging: The packaging on this product is very sleek and put together. I think the packaging is cute. I like that it has a slant on the top because it's easy to apply and i can carry it in my purse. I use the Rose Salve as well, but I carry this around with me because it's more sanitary.
2. Price: This is definently more expensive then Blistex. Where i'm from it's 7.50 plus taxe. But, the results of the product are really good, so i think it's worth the extra dollars.
3. Product: the quality of this product is great. I don't think there's any petroleum jelly in it, which I like. It claims to be frangrance-free but it's not, it smells like vanilla, which doesnt bother me since i absolutely adore vanilla scented products. It's smooth and the igredients in it are really good for the skin, and the lips. It contains shea, and almond oil, both are really good. I love how smooth this is on the lips, it absorbs fast and doesnt sit on my lips, and the results last a long time, which means i wont have to reapply it every half an hour, and it'll last me longer since already a little goes a long way with this product. You only need a decent ammount to cover the entire lip area. This is the balm i carry with me during the day because it's sanitary (as mentioned before) and it gives my lips a nice glossy finish making them look a little more plump then usual.
Would i recommend this? Yes.
Will I repurchase? Yes.

I gave this product 3 lippies because I like it as a clear lip gloss. I hate tacky, sticky glosses so it's perfect for me as a light clear gloss. To me it's not really a balm. Also, it's so light that it doesn't stay on very long, so you have to reapply a lot. It has a light, pleasant vanilla-y scent.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My sister and I both picked this up on vacation and wow, i.love.this.lip.balm!! I got the shea butter version and it's now my favorite ever! Smells great, moisturizes and softness and oh la la, juicy shine and buttery soft balm. Will definitely be repurchasing and great stocking stuffer idea!:)

on 2/7/2013 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I passed by this product so many times & ending up purchasing this because the matte balm stick (forgot the name, in a black casing) is being discontinued, so was what the SA tole me. So I got this instead.
I do not believed & there is no proof that Petrolatum is an inferior product, but obviously all the other ingredients put together make this an excellent lip balm. I use it in the day time as well. My lip felt so comfortable & plump.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this balm, it goes on smoothly and it smells great! My only problem with it is it dries pretty quickly so when my lips are extra chapped I need to apply it a few times. It has a great shine though and not sticky at all!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am big fan of the Mentha 2x lip gloss and when I saw the MFLB I thought I would give it a try - given the name I thought it may be even BETTER. I figured if I love the Mentha 2x I would certainly love the MFLB as well... surprisingly it's not the case. It's a little bit runny and understanding the main ingredients are Shea and Almond oil, it's not going to be thick so I can deal with that, however, it's definitely not going to be "My Favorite Lip Balm". I do like the applicator, it also has the wide beveled surface, I noticed some of the tubes of gloss did not which is disappointing. I don't have a need to buy this product again, but I would recommend it to fellow balmaholics who don't like tacky/sticky lip balms/glosses and want an intermediate sheen to the lips. It is a very good every day, light weight lip balm and worth the $7.