Estee Lauder Verite LightLotion Cleanser

Estee Lauder Verite LightLotion Cleanser

4.1

WaAqua Purificata)Ingredients: Purified; Caprylic/Capric; Triglyceride; Glycerin; Butylene Glycol; Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit; Oil; Pentylene Glycol; Phenyl Trimethicone; Sucrose Stearate; Camellia Sinensis (ter (Green Tea) Leaf Extract; Cholesterol; Chamomilla; Recutita (Matricaria); Ceramide 3; Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile); Tromethamine; Ppg-20 Methyl Glucose Ether; Isostearic Acid; Carbomer; Sodium Citrate

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I stumbled across this cleanser while reading reviews of the La Mer Cleansing Milk (both Estee Lauder companies). This is a very gentle and effective cleanser for all skin types especially dry sensitive. It's very light but still leaves the skin supple and hydrated. I would repurchase especially if I feel my skin needs some extra love & care. Highly recommend.

on 11/11/2015 1:16:00 PM

My face experienced a set back with another cleanser and this worked well to get it back on track. I like the pump style dispenser and how it feels when applied. I take a Swisspers exfoliating cotton round ( those are fantastic ) and then rinse off. It really does feel like a lotion and my face doesn't need anything else afterwards. Great product and so glad it was highly recommended.

on 8/12/2015 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this as a gentle cleanser in the morning. I don't like anything too strong, but this is a gentle cleanser that feels nice and soft on the skin. It's a milky texture, without fragrance, that is soothing. It's pricey but works really well.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

After trying different cleansers to which my skin reacted, I finally found this non-scented light cleanser that my skin tolerates. It is gentle enough yet I find it really good at removing make-up. I use it with a flannel (terry cloth) and it doesn't dry my skin and doesn't give me bumps as some other cleansers have done in the past. It is a bit on the pricey side but the good combination of ingredients, the feel it leaves on my skin and the fact that it is the only cleanser that hasn't given my skin a reaction, makes it worth it. The pump gives the right amount of product without being messy. I would definitely recommend this cleanser.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like this cleanser, I don't love this cleanser. I found it when I was trying to match the ingredients of a discontinued favorite, and since then I've probably gone through 4 or 5 bottles of it. I've been afraid of cleansers ever since the period when I was struggling with little subterranean bumps on my forehead, which I was told were caused by the original Cetaphil cleanser. I'd like to find a better cleanser, one with a more exciting or skin-enhancing formula, or just one that is plain less expensive, and I'd certainly appreciate finding one that is better at removing makeup. I've been avoiding all products with cetearyl alcohol since the Cetaphil incident, but who knows which ingredient really was the culprit? This is a very basic, fairly gentle, rosacea-approved (by me) formula that costs $$$. Estee Lauder is still making it, so I'm still buying it, but with no joy in my heart.

Update: I caved and tried a few Beautypedia drugstore picks--Neutrogena, Phisoderm, Eucerin. Clearly the Neutrogena one I started with was giving me small bumps--it was the only change I made to my routine. I spent almost the equivalent of Verite to get these and am afraid to try the rest. I'll use them in the shower. I bought a new Verite, this time with complete gratitude and the hopes that they continue to make it!

on 11/9/2014 7:07:00 AM

The price is steep for cleaser but this is a holy grail product for dry skin.I don't hate cleansing my face now!I was using Lancome creme mousse confort but i gotta say i like this much better

on 3/29/2013 10:01:00 AM

have congested skin very very much dehydrated ,dry but clogged cheeks,my forehead is shineer than cheeks.I tried Verite estee lauder oh my god.my face is wonderful but dont know clean enough for my clogs.I rinse it with tonic in morning I cant wash in morning but in evening I wash it with tap water.

on 2/24/2013 11:25:00 AM

This product is causing breakouts on my chin.

on 10/10/2012 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Wonderful product! After a bad run with Clean and Clear Persa 10 my skin was major dry. I stopped using that and most all other non EL skin care and after cleansing with this, applying the Aveda Tourmaline Mask (another EL company),then my ANRSC, Verite Eye cream and the Daywear Anti Oxidant creme SPF 15 my skin turned right around. I use this AM and PM

on 8/24/2012 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Used this product for a week after taking a break from the Avene skincare line and liked the light, silky feeling after the cleansing process. At first, I did not think that the product was doing its job, but less is more in this case. I had deducted a lippie due to the price....but oh well, c'est la vie.