Revlon Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Revlon Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom
Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry BloomColor Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom

3.8

on 12/29/2011 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

what i like in a shadow. preferrably matte, unless for a highlight color. generally neutral colors, although a pop of color here and there is nice. i like super dark colors for the lashline and outer corner.

i got this pallet quite a while ago and after a few years of consistent use found that i really only used the lightest color (as a highlight), and the medium taupey purple color. i'm not a fan in general of bright pink, but when i did use it it was just a tiny pit under where the highlight goes to add some warmth. as for the darkest purple, a pretty color, but it doesnt take much to use as a liner, so it never even got a dip.

although i rated this a 4, i would not rebuy. the quality of the shadows is good-- nice and blendable, but still quite pigmented-- but since i only mainly used 2 colors, and 1 of those (the highlight) wasnt even a color i loved, thered be no point in buying a pallet that i didnt use ALL of.

on 1/6/2011 7:51:00 PM

Very happy with this eyeshadow quad.The colors are beautiful! The lid color reminds very much like *Mac-Swish e/s.No chalkiness.The colors stay forever without a primer on my lids.Blends great.Nothing bad to say on these eyeshadows =)

on 6/15/2010 1:44:00 AM

I really love these colors and it became my favorite purple eyeshadow pallette. The finish on the eyeshadow is satin, colors include light baby pink, dark lavender, dark jewel tone purple and fushia pink. I never thought that I can wear bright pink(especially on my blue eyes) but blended together with lavender its gives just a hint of color and its very pretty. My one regret that these shadows are not that pigmented. I'm FFF but I have to really pack it in for more dramatic look. However, for subtle and sophisticated eye, this is perfect. I have bunch of purple and mauve shadows but these are my currect favorite.

on 7/19/2009 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has been my HG everyday eyeshadow pallet for 3 years now. I've tried other variations, Cover Girl makes a similar quad but it has shimmer where this one is more matte, and none hold a candle. I use the middle two colors the most. The brighter fuchsia color is my lid color, the lighter lilac is my crease color. For night time, I keep the same lid color and use the deeper purple as my crease. The lightest color is a fantastic highlight when you need one. It is quite pigmented and has a lot of staying power when used with a primer like two faced shadow insurance. I always stock up on this when Ulta or CVS do their BOGO specials on Revlon.

on 1/10/2008 9:25:00 AM

This is a vibrant quad of purples and pinks, with a pale shimmery pink as a highlighter. The colors really enhance my eyes and I get a lot of compliments when I wear the bright pink color. It is very easy however, to look overly made-up when wearing these colors. The bright pink is so vivid that it takes a lot of confidence to wear. The dark purple doesn't have much pigment to be used as a liner and worn on it's own can look bruisey and muddy. The palest pink is very shimmery, the lighter purple grey is a little bland. Overall it is a nice quad, but I won't be buying again. I won't get much use out of three of the shadows, and I'm sure I can find a vibrant pink eyeshadow single somewhere! continued >>

on 1/6/2008 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I won't go into describing the 4 colors as other reviews have described them quite well, so...

I have light blue/gray eyes and the violets really compliment my eye color. Don't be afraid of the "hot" pink, it goes on bright but with a bit of blending, it really enhances the two violet tones as well as the pink shimmer. Don't let the two darker, muddy looking shadows fool you-- they are very pretty. They really look better on the eye than in the pan, which is not always the case. There is a shimmer/sparkle to these shadows which I did not notice until after application. Don't let this keep you from trying these, it isn't garish, its really quite subtle and seems to enhance the iris, not distract.

These shadows go on smoothly though I find that the gray-violet and light pink shadows can get a bit grainy and application can turn messy. I have had to sweep off some shadow from my cheeks after applying this. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the shadows or with the applicators. I do not like the sponge tip applicators and have had better luck using Q-tips. In fairness, this is hardly the only shadow, 'high end' or D/S that I've had this problem with.

I often have eye color fade and/or crease on me quite quickly, however this has been an exception to that rule. No, it doesn't last 12 hours, but it lasts at least 6. After 8 it fades but the basic color tone is still there. I still have definition. One great thing about these shadows: they've never creased on me!

Finally, one of the many reasons I like Revlon so much is that their packaging is very good. I travel a lot with my shadows and blushes from this company and the packaging is strong and solid.

All in all, a very good palette of shadows. I highly recommend. continued >>

on 11/29/2007 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wow. I LOVE these colors! I wore them today for the first time and I got SO many compliments! I have to say that i wore them with a MAC paint pot underneath as a primer (painterly) to help them last longer. And they lasted ALL day! I do believe the paint pot made the colors show up more and helped them to not crease. Since i have the MAC paint pot already, these shadows were cheap and worked just as well as my other MAC ones. I will definitely repurchase!

on 9/18/2005 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Very sheer. This texture is much "thinner" than the older wet/dry texture. The shades: Light pink, mediun grey, fuchsia pink, dark violet. These shades are too cool toned to me and this is one of thise purples that makes me look tired.