Revlon Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Revlon Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom
Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry BloomColor Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom

4.1

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The colors are very pretty and the pink and dark purple really go well together! But I find that they're very chalky and the pigmentation isn't that great. It looks faint when you use it dry and you have to pack it on at least 2 or 3 times for it to show up. I wouldn't repurchase, but it's nice to have this in my collection if I want a colorful yet subtle eye look.

on 1/23/2010 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really enjoy this quad by revlon!! I love the texture, pigmentation and colours of the shadows. My favourite colour would have to be the frosty baby pink, I wear all over my lid and love how pretty it looks! I wonder if revlon has this colour as a single? My least favourite shade would have to be the purpley/grey shadow. Anyway I love how many different looks I can acheive with this quad. The look I mostly go for when using this quad is by applying the baby pink all over my lid, a light dusting of the pink as an outer V and the dark purple as my liner for my bottom lash-line. I would probably have given this a 5 if it wasn't for the light purple shade I just find that colour...BLAH! Other than that a great quad by revlon.

on 8/24/2009 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really wanted to like these eyeshadows. After seeing some positive reviews by some people, I picked this quad up on sale for $6 CAN at my local drugstore. I'd had previous good luck with the Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadows, so I was hoping the powder shadows would be of the same standard. Unfortunately, they weren't quite as good as I thought they'd be. The quad comes with a shimmery baby pink, a silvery grey-ish purple, and light fuschia, and a dark purple with red undertones.

UPDATE (April 2010) Several months later, I finally picked up this quad again and used the taupey-purple with the dark purple. It produced a lovely light smokey eye. I quite enjoy using this quad and have changed my rating from 3 to 4 stars.

Quality: The pigmentation is decent. The silvery-purple-grey color actually has quite good pigmentation. I like mixing the baby pink and purple-grey color on my lid, producing a lovely lilac color. The staying power is okay as well. My problem is with the texture. The shadows are a bit too soft and dusty, and they crumble easily.

Packaging: Unfortunately, Revlon's packaging for their Colorstay quads isn't as nice looking as for their creme shadows. The shadows are packaged in a matte plastic case, a bit flimsy feeling. It comes with two sponge tip applicators, one teardrop shaped, and the other thin and narrow.

Overall, this is just an okay quad. I can manage a decent look with them, and they didn't crease or fade for 8 hours, but I'm not a fan of the texture. I'd recommend to people who are starting out on makeup, as the quads are a great way to get a variety of shades to create a nice look. As for me, I'll use this quad, but I definitely won't repurchase it.
(UPDATED) Once I realized my problem with the quad wasn't the quality but with how the shadows looked on my eye, I tried different combinations. And it turned out great! Now that the shades themselves work for me, I'm loving this quad!

on 7/25/2009 2:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this quad, I have had this for some time, and it's one of my favs. 3 of the colors are similar to my mac shadows, the brightest pink is like stars n rockets, the top highlight shade is like seedy pearl, and the darkest purple shade is like my mac parfait amour. The quality is wonderful, the blend well, and are nicely pigmented and soft. My only complaint is the packaging, the lid on mine broke, and the applicators are crap but it's not enough to even knock of one lippie. Love this and will repurchase again.

on 9/5/2008 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty good eyeshadow. Great for spring colors. The colors are more stable and natural, which is good for me. This product tend to stay on my eye lid pretty well, is a great product. The only complain I have this it tend to break pretty easy, is probably the packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

For some reason, I didn't like the consistency of this product. For the darker colors, it didn't go on as pigmented as I wanted it to, and then for the lightest pink, it went on too strong and it made my eyelids look like I dumped white powder all over it. I'll continue to use it until I run out but only because I paid for it. After that, I'll look elsewhere for similar colors that will apply better. I did love the sponge applicators that it came with though. I'm glad that it had the double tipped applicator where one side is really skinny for me to use for eyeliner and the wider side for all over color.

on 10/23/2005 10:55:00 PM

i bought berry bloom on sale for 40% off, so the quad actually only cost me around $4USD. i was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this eyeshadow. berry bloom as four shadows: a dark matte plum, a shimmery cool-toned fuschia, a grey-lavender, and a soft light pink. i used the included sponge applicators (for some reason those work better with d/s eyeshadows than brushes do) and they went on silky smooth and nicely pigmented. with one swipe i got a subtle wash of color, with more layers i got rich, deep color. the staying power is good, too -- i dont know about the advertised 12 hours, but mine stayed put with no creasing and very minimal fading after 9 hours or so. im very happy with the quality of this eyeshadow and will most likely purchase again -- i especially recommend this quad for brown-eyed girls!

on 10/16/2005 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using Prestige eyeshadows for couple of years now. Some of the colours would stay and some didn't. Some of colours are quite pigmented and some aren't. Lately though, it had been creasing. In fact, 4 of them were...so I thought it's time to buy a new one. When I read the reviews of this new 12 hour, I was quite hesitant to buy it. I have used the old formula too and had liked it a lot (well, maybe except for some colours that weren't as pigmented). I thought since the old one was pretty good, why not take a chance. And I'm glad I did! I took the advice of one of readers since I have brown eyes and had put on a purple eyeliner with it. Colour is NOT that sheer. I like how you can build the colour if you want a more intense smokey look. The look is great. I put it on around 6ish am and when I came home around 7pm, I still have it on. It does fade a little bit over time but not to the point where it's totally gone. The more colour I put, the longer it stays...about 8 hours to 12 hours. And I would rather prefer fading than creasing. I will definitely repurchase.