Revlon Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Revlon Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom
Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry BloomColor Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom

4.4

on 11/13/2016 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've repurchased this product twice now. It was one of the first eyeshadow quads I ever owned. I love everything about it: the colours, the cute packaging, how soft and pigmented each shade is, it's wonderful to work with. The back of the package gives you suggestions on how to use each colour, very beginner friendly. I would definitely recommend this quad, and I'm interested to see what other shades are featured in this line.

on 2/7/2011 2:46:00 PM

I have to admit, I've had this quad for probably over a year and have only used a few of the colors one or two times because I was afraid that the whole quad would come off as way too garish for someone as pale as me (it was an impulse buy at the time). But after watching a few youtube videos about how to apply all of the colors, I worked up the courage to try it and to be honest, I find the lighter pigmentation and ease of blending to actually be assets with this quad. These two traits allows me to create a quasi-smokey look that not only is appropriate for day, but can also be intensified for a night look, a win-win in my book. And best of all, the colors really highlight the complexity of my brown eyes, the first such color palette I've found to truly do that. As with any eyeshadow, I would recommend using some kind of primer underneath in order to ensure your application lasts.

on 7/16/2010 1:30:00 AM

If you have hazel eyes like me, you should know that this is beyond beautiful for your eyes. Great, lasting shadows (always use a primer before!) and you will not be disappointed. I also use my own makeup brushes to apply. I've worn this out partying with heavier liner, and worn it to school/work without as much application, and it is always appropriate, always chic and almost always gets compliments (and numbers ;-D). I definitely recommend it!!

on 6/15/2010 1:44:00 AM

I really love these colors and it became my favorite purple eyeshadow pallette. The finish on the eyeshadow is satin, colors include light baby pink, dark lavender, dark jewel tone purple and fushia pink. I never thought that I can wear bright pink(especially on my blue eyes) but blended together with lavender its gives just a hint of color and its very pretty. My one regret that these shadows are not that pigmented. I'm FFF but I have to really pack it in for more dramatic look. However, for subtle and sophisticated eye, this is perfect. I have bunch of purple and mauve shadows but these are my currect favorite.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is my HG eyeshadow quad.

Pros:
-Creamy texture.
-Highly pigmented.
-Blends beautifully.
-Very versatile...you can achieve an everyday look or a smokey eye effect.
-Long lasting...really does last 12 hours.
-The purples & pinks really compliment each other.
-Higher quality than MAC yet very affordable.

*Also - this is the only eyeshadow I have ever used that still looked great without concealor or primer applied first.*

Usually I'd list the cons, but being HG status there really aren't any. :)

I used to love pink eyeshadow until I tried Bourjois & had people tell me that it makes me look as if I have puffy allergy eyes. However I can honestly say the pinks in this quad do NOT have that effect. All the colors are gorgeous!

I'd recommend Berry Bloom to anyone with blue, green, or hazel eyes. It definitely made my light green eyes pop with color!

on 7/25/2009 2:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this quad, I have had this for some time, and it's one of my favs. 3 of the colors are similar to my mac shadows, the brightest pink is like stars n rockets, the top highlight shade is like seedy pearl, and the darkest purple shade is like my mac parfait amour. The quality is wonderful, the blend well, and are nicely pigmented and soft. My only complaint is the packaging, the lid on mine broke, and the applicators are crap but it's not enough to even knock of one lippie. Love this and will repurchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I'm in the odd position of not particularly liking pink but looking absolutely awesome in it so I've tried to incorporate more of it into my makeup repertoire.

I like that these colors go a bit towards purple without being boring and mauve-y and there's a nice range with two different intensities of shell pink and two intensities of a more classically berry tone (but with an interesting silver gray undertone to it). Looking at it I find it odd that I don't use the dark plummy color that much as of the four it's definitely my pick, but I suppose that just means I need to experiment more.

Not the best pigmentation on bare eyelids but with a bit of something underneath to grab it the colors pop well enough. Like I said regarding the Spring Moss palate it's not the most incredible makeup, but these are colors I wouldn't necessarily spring for from a higher end line and it's nice to have the versatility for so relatively cheap (especially if you can find them on sale or even BOGO).

on 1/25/2005 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Im kind of surprised at all the negative reviews I am reading for Revlon Color Stay eye shadow. I have the Berry Bloom quad, and I think these shadows have good pigmentation, blend easily, and do last for quite some time (not 12 hours, though.) Berry Bloom contains a light pearlescent pink, a bright medium pink, a grey-ish lavender, and a dark grape. These shadows last for at least six hours without creasing, and from there on the colour vibrancy gradually fades but at hour twelve you can distinguish between the colours (they dont just gunk up in the crease or melt off your eyelids.) To me, these are just as good as the Wet/Dry quads.