Revlon Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Revlon Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom
Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry BloomColor Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom

4.2

on 12/29/2011 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

what i like in a shadow. preferrably matte, unless for a highlight color. generally neutral colors, although a pop of color here and there is nice. i like super dark colors for the lashline and outer corner.

i got this pallet quite a while ago and after a few years of consistent use found that i really only used the lightest color (as a highlight), and the medium taupey purple color. i'm not a fan in general of bright pink, but when i did use it it was just a tiny pit under where the highlight goes to add some warmth. as for the darkest purple, a pretty color, but it doesnt take much to use as a liner, so it never even got a dip.

although i rated this a 4, i would not rebuy. the quality of the shadows is good-- nice and blendable, but still quite pigmented-- but since i only mainly used 2 colors, and 1 of those (the highlight) wasnt even a color i loved, thered be no point in buying a pallet that i didnt use ALL of.

on 11/7/2011 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

berry bloom is a beautiful quad that contains: an aubergine,a pink,a lilac-grey,a pale pink eye shadows.they are satin with a little bit of shimmers.they are verry pigmented,last long,easy on the application,blends well.verry nice palette,verry nice colors! Love it!

on 1/6/2011 7:51:00 PM

Very happy with this eyeshadow quad.The colors are beautiful! The lid color reminds very much like *Mac-Swish e/s.No chalkiness.The colors stay forever without a primer on my lids.Blends great.Nothing bad to say on these eyeshadows =)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The colors are very pretty and the pink and dark purple really go well together! But I find that they're very chalky and the pigmentation isn't that great. It looks faint when you use it dry and you have to pack it on at least 2 or 3 times for it to show up. I wouldn't repurchase, but it's nice to have this in my collection if I want a colorful yet subtle eye look.

on 1/16/2010 12:23:00 AM

I picked this colour quad up cuz it looked identical to my HG palette from INGLOT. That company closed out their shop where i am and i broke my palette when I was travelling :( I was heartbroken. I decided to check out this quad based on all the reviews i heard from youtube. The colours are a great replica of my former quad! It is more sheer but i don't mind it so much. Does last a good part of the day (8hrs) with no creasing and minimal fading (when used with a primer). I think this palette would be very flattering on dark brown eyes. All the colours compliment each other very well. Don't be scared off by the fushia, it's actually extremely pretty when applied just above the crease. I use the lighter taupey colour on the lid, fushia just above fading it slightly and the darkest colour on my outer v. I use the highlight shade for highlighting the inner corners of my eyes and near my tear ducts. End result... very pretty natural look that goes well with many outfits!

retails for $13CDN at London Drugs

EDIT - After using this a few more times, i find that it's really not very pigmented and the colours seem to just blend way too easily into one another creating just a blur of all the colours... won't repurchase

on 12/18/2009 2:55:00 PM

The fuchsia scared me at first but now it's the color I reach for the most. Great accent for brown eyes. The whole quad makes a great purple-pink smokey eye. I use this with some of the creme shadows from Revlon's Illuminance Creme Shadow quad in "wild orchids". The two together make a great color-pay off! I took off a lippie because I can't really wear it alone (not pigmented enough). Overall, great price, great colors, and great for beginners in eye make up like myself :)

on 8/24/2009 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really wanted to like these eyeshadows. After seeing some positive reviews by some people, I picked this quad up on sale for $6 CAN at my local drugstore. I'd had previous good luck with the Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadows, so I was hoping the powder shadows would be of the same standard. Unfortunately, they weren't quite as good as I thought they'd be. The quad comes with a shimmery baby pink, a silvery grey-ish purple, and light fuschia, and a dark purple with red undertones.

UPDATE (April 2010) Several months later, I finally picked up this quad again and used the taupey-purple with the dark purple. It produced a lovely light smokey eye. I quite enjoy using this quad and have changed my rating from 3 to 4 stars.

Quality: The pigmentation is decent. The silvery-purple-grey color actually has quite good pigmentation. I like mixing the baby pink and purple-grey color on my lid, producing a lovely lilac color. The staying power is okay as well. My problem is with the texture. The shadows are a bit too soft and dusty, and they crumble easily.

Packaging: Unfortunately, Revlon's packaging for their Colorstay quads isn't as nice looking as for their creme shadows. The shadows are packaged in a matte plastic case, a bit flimsy feeling. It comes with two sponge tip applicators, one teardrop shaped, and the other thin and narrow.

Overall, this is just an okay quad. I can manage a decent look with them, and they didn't crease or fade for 8 hours, but I'm not a fan of the texture. I'd recommend to people who are starting out on makeup, as the quads are a great way to get a variety of shades to create a nice look. As for me, I'll use this quad, but I definitely won't repurchase it.
(UPDATED) Once I realized my problem with the quad wasn't the quality but with how the shadows looked on my eye, I tried different combinations. And it turned out great! Now that the shades themselves work for me, I'm loving this quad!

on 4/23/2009 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was attracted by the fuschia like pink in the quad, so I decided to get this. First off, I love the high light color! It's this frosty color with a hint of pink. The colors are wonderful and they blend well with each other, although I do have to layer on that pink. I feel like the colors have enough pigment, I will be purchasing the other colors too!

on 10/1/2008 11:46:00 AM

My HG purple eyeshadow palette, and believe me I've tried several purple eyeshadows. The shadows are very pigmented. The mid-purple is great for all over the lid, and the dark purple liner shadow really brings out my brown eyes. Basically the shades of purple suit my brown eyes & yellow-based fair-medium skin tone very well, and are sufficiently pigmented for my fair-medium skin tone. The shadows are also pretty smooth & easy to blend.

on 3/21/2008 7:59:00 PM

I bought this quad looking for a bright intense pink pigment--and this wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but turns out to be fine. The brightest palette (magenta-y, second from bottom) isn't shockingly rich, but with a heavier-handed application, produces a bright rosy pink. The second palette (grey lavender) is also more sheer than it appears in the packaging, coming off more silvery. The shimmery top pink is great on brow bone and in corners, and the darkest bottom purple is rich enough for use as liner and in crease. Good, but I don't reach for them.