Revlon Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Revlon Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom
Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry BloomColor Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow- Berry Bloom

on 12/29/2011 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

what i like in a shadow. preferrably matte, unless for a highlight color. generally neutral colors, although a pop of color here and there is nice. i like super dark colors for the lashline and outer corner.

i got this pallet quite a while ago and after a few years of consistent use found that i really only used the lightest color (as a highlight), and the medium taupey purple color. i'm not a fan in general of bright pink, but when i did use it it was just a tiny pit under where the highlight goes to add some warmth. as for the darkest purple, a pretty color, but it doesnt take much to use as a liner, so it never even got a dip.

although i rated this a 4, i would not rebuy. the quality of the shadows is good-- nice and blendable, but still quite pigmented-- but since i only mainly used 2 colors, and 1 of those (the highlight) wasnt even a color i loved, thered be no point in buying a pallet that i didnt use ALL of.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is my HG eyeshadow quad.

Pros:
-Creamy texture.
-Highly pigmented.
-Blends beautifully.
-Very versatile...you can achieve an everyday look or a smokey eye effect.
-Long lasting...really does last 12 hours.
-The purples & pinks really compliment each other.
-Higher quality than MAC yet very affordable.

*Also - this is the only eyeshadow I have ever used that still looked great without concealor or primer applied first.*

Usually I'd list the cons, but being HG status there really aren't any. :)

I used to love pink eyeshadow until I tried Bourjois & had people tell me that it makes me look as if I have puffy allergy eyes. However I can honestly say the pinks in this quad do NOT have that effect. All the colors are gorgeous!

I'd recommend Berry Bloom to anyone with blue, green, or hazel eyes. It definitely made my light green eyes pop with color!

on 1/23/2010 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really enjoy this quad by revlon!! I love the texture, pigmentation and colours of the shadows. My favourite colour would have to be the frosty baby pink, I wear all over my lid and love how pretty it looks! I wonder if revlon has this colour as a single? My least favourite shade would have to be the purpley/grey shadow. Anyway I love how many different looks I can acheive with this quad. The look I mostly go for when using this quad is by applying the baby pink all over my lid, a light dusting of the pink as an outer V and the dark purple as my liner for my bottom lash-line. I would probably have given this a 5 if it wasn't for the light purple shade I just find that colour...BLAH! Other than that a great quad by revlon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have almost all the eyecloros of this collection and I really love them. They deliver true color, glide on smooth, stay on all day, and are blendable.

on 2/2/2008 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ever since Revlon repackaged these in a new blister pack (black and white), they must have also reformulated the product. I remember in the past (two years ago), the shadow palette was chalky and had a rough texture. Now, all of the shades (I own five quads) are soft, pigmented, and very easy to apply. They really are perfect shadows--not trendy or shimmery, but still interesting enough so you can do a smoky or strong eye look. I love bold, jewel tones, but I also appreciate the softness and wearability of this line. I own tons of shadows, but I don't own a berry palette. Anything with red undertones makes me look sick, but I am pleasantly surprised that the berry, lilac, and purple shades complement each other. I like this palette for an everyday, easy-to-do look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

For some reason, I didn't like the consistency of this product. For the darker colors, it didn't go on as pigmented as I wanted it to, and then for the lightest pink, it went on too strong and it made my eyelids look like I dumped white powder all over it. I'll continue to use it until I run out but only because I paid for it. After that, I'll look elsewhere for similar colors that will apply better. I did love the sponge applicators that it came with though. I'm glad that it had the double tipped applicator where one side is really skinny for me to use for eyeliner and the wider side for all over color.

I didn't leave it on long enough to find out if it'd last 12 hours. The colors were pasty and there really wasn't enough pigmentation. They didn't make my eyes 'pop' or anything. They look alot prettier in the pots than they do swiped on.

on 4/24/2007 11:44:00 PM

I have very pale skin, with yellow/olive undertones, and dark brown eyes and hair. The colors in this quad are: light pink, greyish lavender, light fuchsia, and dark violet. All colors but the violet are slightly shimmery. The fuchsia is a bit too vivid to use on its own, at least for my very pale skin, it makes me look as I have been crying. I use the lavender all over my lids, and then highlight with the light pink shade. The violet makes a great liner, it really makes my brown eyes pop. Blending a bit of the fuchsia on top of the lavender on my eyes with a soft brush gives a bit more color to my face, without going over the top.

This is a bit too colorful to use during the day, but makes a great combination for evenings. The colors do not crease and have decent pigmentation (although it does not really require much effort to put color on my colorless skin). I am not sure it really lasts 12 hours, but by the end of the day I still have color in my eyes.