Smashbox Soft Lights - Smashing Highlight [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 3/27/2011 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got it for $4.50 so it's not a complete waste. I dont think anyone NEEDS to have this highlighrter around since it doesnt DO anything for your complexion. I have light to medium skin tone, but this only shows up as a pink spparkle. Extremely light sparkle.

Highlight reminds me of MACs Ricepaper & Pink Opal mixed together! It has that iridescent sheen to it, like a duo chrome, when you are at a certain angle you see the second color to it, and when you look at it straight on, it looks like a creamy off white color, and when you turn to the side, it has a pink shimmer. There is plenty of product in this that I know I won't run out any time soon to repurchase it :X & I did get it off eBay so it was super reasonable :D

RIS-- I loove this highlighter. Has such a beautiful almost iridescent finish to it. Very flattering and is a bit unexpected. I probably won't use everyday, but will definitely use for special occasions or going out. I love the texture of this powder as well.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm an NC45, or caramel in superstay and photoready. I really like this highlight. Yes it looks yellow in the pan but come on the cheeks as a beautigul irridescent pink. It very nice on top of a matte blush, it gives a nice glow that I like. I got it on ebay for cheap. I wouldn't buy it at the real price that's sure. But If you can find it on sale or at a low price, I recommand it !
Update: This highlight is superb ! My favoutite with TINT. Remind me of revlon skinlights colour lighting in Terra 05, which I adore for summer and is dscd.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

it looks yellow on the pan and once applied is an iridescent pink. not worth the money IMO.

on 2/15/2007 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Even though I said I'd buy this again, I don't think I'll ever have to because the pan is very large! When I got it, I thought it was a really ugly yellowish colour, but once its on it is so gorgeous. This is definitely something I'll be turning to quite a bit. Its got a perfectly sheer pink iridescent quality, and doesn't turn white or silvery like some highlighters do. I imagine it would look lovely layered over a blush, but so far I've only used it by itself, above foundation on my cheekbones and it really gave me that little pick-me-up my winter skin needed!

on 3/15/2006 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The SoftLights are marketed as an allover powder for face and body, to add color and/or shimmer. they come in a huge large pot with clear twist off lid and retail for $26. It seems kinda steep for the price, but the pot is pretty big. There are several colors including Lens, Tint, Shimmer, Prism, Halo, Highlight, Luminance,and Glow. Smashing Highlight used to be named Smashing Star but renamed with the 2005 collection. Its a soft shimmery peach with a pink irridescence to it in certain light. It makes a pretty blush color dead on, but then you move in the light and the pink irridiscence is somewhat cheesy looking to me. I prefer this as a highlighter on the cheekbones because the irridescent color can enlarge pores.

This highlighter was not what I expected it to be. Judging from the color in the pan, I expected it to give a glow that I could sweep all over, but once it's on, it gives this strange radioactive-like pink sheen that is anything but flattering. This is definitely going back.

on 8/1/2005 1:29:00 AM

I'd buy this again if I ever ran out definitely but it comes in a generous size. I"m not sure what I can add that others haven't already said. This is the only highlighter that isn't completely obvious/sparkly/ and doesn't make my pores/imperfections stand out in high relief. It sort of looks like Mac's motif eyeshadow, because of the golden yellow orange tone that gives a pink iridescence. So I started using it as eyeshadow as well! It looks fantastic as both. I'm really impressed. I look like I glow, not like I'm oily or sparkly! And I'm not usually a fan of smashbox products.

on 7/7/2005 11:20:00 AM

Love Love Love this stuff. I use it on my brow bone and on my cheeks when I want a little bit of shimmer. It has a very very soft golden yellowish white shimmer to it but not over bearing at all. The consistency is great too. Not too thin at all but not so thick that you feel like you're covered with guck when you put it on. The round container it comes in is so easy to stick in my purse so I take it every wear. Especially on the days when I wake up late and feel that I look really sallow, this stuff really wakes me up and makes me look bright eyed and gleaming. Will definitely buy again :)