Smashbox Soft Lights - Smashing Highlight [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Smashbox Soft Lights - Smashing Highlight [DISCONTINUED]

on 12/29/2010 11:18:00 AM

I got this for Christmas as part of a gift set. To be honest I have never used a highlighter before and wasn't that sure what to do with it. Thought it would end up at the bottom of my make up bag and never get used, however I was wrong!! I looked it up on the smashbox website where it says it can be used on the nose,cheeks or anywhere you want a boost of radiance.
At first I swept it over my cheeks and couldn't believe how great it looked. It has a slight peachy-pink undertone and gives my skin a lovely glow, and so now I lightly sweep it all over my face.
Don't think I will use it everyday to work but will use it when going out etc. Will repurchase when it runs out although think it will last quite a while.

RIS-- I loove this highlighter. Has such a beautiful almost iridescent finish to it. Very flattering and is a bit unexpected. I probably won't use everyday, but will definitely use for special occasions or going out. I love the texture of this powder as well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is an unusual colour to describe; I would almost class it as a duochrome. At first glance Highlight is a mid-toned yellow, possibly not the sort of colour that you would put on your face. However, it is only when you swatch or apply highlight that you really see it's hidden, pink iridescence come through. I liken the effect to that of Mac's Pink Pearl pigment, so that does make highlight one of the more shimmer intense Softlights.

It would probably work best as a highlighter (funnily enough) rather than a blush, because the pigment is quite low on this particular Softlight. Highlight was my first ever Smashbox product but it is now my least used of the Softlights range, I have discovered that other colours in the range are much more versatile and flattering to my skin tone.