Smashbox Soft Lights - Smashing Highlight [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Smashbox Soft Lights - Smashing Highlight [DISCONTINUED]

on 6/11/2010 4:23:00 AM

I bought this in an amazing deal as part of Smashbox Who's Your Agent Spring Color Kit. It's a brilliant highlighter, it just appears a flat yellow in the pan but applied above blush really brightens up the face. I will never run out since it's only necessary to use use a small amount and the pan is enormous, but would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this face color so much! When I first received it, I thought I made a mistake because the color in the pan looks like a typical face powder with no color. HOWEVER, when I applied it, my skin glowed! I love the irridescence and think it makes my skin look ethereal. I'm so sick of powders that have too much sparkle but I also hate matte powders. This is a terrific everyday color that adds just a hint of whimsy. Highly recommend.

on 3/15/2006 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The SoftLights are marketed as an allover powder for face and body, to add color and/or shimmer. they come in a huge large pot with clear twist off lid and retail for $26. It seems kinda steep for the price, but the pot is pretty big. There are several colors including Lens, Tint, Shimmer, Prism, Halo, Highlight, Luminance,and Glow. Smashing Highlight used to be named Smashing Star but renamed with the 2005 collection. Its a soft shimmery peach with a pink irridescence to it in certain light. It makes a pretty blush color dead on, but then you move in the light and the pink irridiscence is somewhat cheesy looking to me. I prefer this as a highlighter on the cheekbones because the irridescent color can enlarge pores.