Smashbox Soft Lights - Smashing Highlight [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Smashbox Soft Lights - Smashing Highlight [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

on 12/29/2010 11:18:00 AM

I got this for Christmas as part of a gift set. To be honest I have never used a highlighter before and wasn't that sure what to do with it. Thought it would end up at the bottom of my make up bag and never get used, however I was wrong!! I looked it up on the smashbox website where it says it can be used on the nose,cheeks or anywhere you want a boost of radiance.
At first I swept it over my cheeks and couldn't believe how great it looked. It has a slight peachy-pink undertone and gives my skin a lovely glow, and so now I lightly sweep it all over my face.
Don't think I will use it everyday to work but will use it when going out etc. Will repurchase when it runs out although think it will last quite a while.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm an NC45, or caramel in superstay and photoready. I really like this highlight. Yes it looks yellow in the pan but come on the cheeks as a beautigul irridescent pink. It very nice on top of a matte blush, it gives a nice glow that I like. I got it on ebay for cheap. I wouldn't buy it at the real price that's sure. But If you can find it on sale or at a low price, I recommand it !
Update: This highlight is superb ! My favoutite with TINT. Remind me of revlon skinlights colour lighting in Terra 05, which I adore for summer and is dscd.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

it looks yellow on the pan and once applied is an iridescent pink. not worth the money IMO.

on 5/24/2008 9:08:00 AM

I bought this product in three differens colors, the peach shimmer, the mauvey bronzethingey and this abricotsheen. I like this the most and gave away the other two. This has a pink/yellow sheen. It applies well on cheeks but nowhere else. Pretty when I don't want any blush, for example with brown/black smokey eyes and nude lips, or with a neutral eye and red lips!

on 12/10/2007 6:19:00 PM

This is my favorite highlighter of all time! Its color is very sheer and compliments your skin,just don't overdo it! The pot is huge and you will never have to replace. I have had mine for about a year and there is hardly a dent in it. So in my opinion it is very cost effective!!

on 10/7/2006 11:52:00 AM

WOW is all I can say about this highlighter/blush. It's unlike any other I've tried and it's VERY BEAUTIFUL ! In the pan it looks peachy with a hint of pink iridescence. Once I put it on it looked a lot pinker than I thought it'd be.It was a beautiful glowing iridescent pink...I couldn't really see the peach maybe because my skin has yellow golden undertones already so the pink stands out on my skin.

on 8/1/2005 1:29:00 AM

I'd buy this again if I ever ran out definitely but it comes in a generous size. I"m not sure what I can add that others haven't already said. This is the only highlighter that isn't completely obvious/sparkly/ and doesn't make my pores/imperfections stand out in high relief. It sort of looks like Mac's motif eyeshadow, because of the golden yellow orange tone that gives a pink iridescence. So I started using it as eyeshadow as well! It looks fantastic as both. I'm really impressed. I look like I glow, not like I'm oily or sparkly! And I'm not usually a fan of smashbox products.

on 7/7/2005 11:20:00 AM

Love Love Love this stuff. I use it on my brow bone and on my cheeks when I want a little bit of shimmer. It has a very very soft golden yellowish white shimmer to it but not over bearing at all. The consistency is great too. Not too thin at all but not so thick that you feel like you're covered with guck when you put it on. The round container it comes in is so easy to stick in my purse so I take it every wear. Especially on the days when I wake up late and feel that I look really sallow, this stuff really wakes me up and makes me look bright eyed and gleaming. Will definitely buy again :)

on 6/18/2005 10:07:00 AM

I really like this highlighter. I'm a FFF, and this makes me look summery and golden without looking like I'm wearing bronzer, or an orange pumpkin. It's very subtle, and I am regualrly complemented when I wear it.

Smashing Highlight is a great highlighter but beware on a GGG like myself it must be applied with ease because the pink/peachy glow....can be overpowering in natural light and come across too orange. I like it alot and it works well with my Smashbox Artificial Lights. I'm on the fence if I would buy it again...or need to since so little goes a long way.