3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

Writing this review because I have finally gotten to the bottom of this rash issue. I used this maybe 10 years ago and my sister and I both got rashes all over our bodies. Small little bumps that feel scaley and itchy. I didn't get it because I have no allergies, especially not lemon or any of the things people here are suggesting. I haven't gotten a rash like it again until a few days ago. I tried this acne spot treatment my sister recommended and we both got that same rash again. Only 6 ingredients in that spot treatment so I compared it to the ingredients in this body cream and here it is: Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root/Seed Extract, this is also known as Queen Anne's Lace which is a wild carrot. So.. no I'm not allergic to regular carrots but apparently a lot of people have had bad reactions to this. Would absolutely not recommend anyone trying this.

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0
from

3 months ago

I had tried this in a sample packet Years ago & I really liked how emollient this felt & the delicious scent of natural lemon in this! & I really liked the cute old fashioned apothecary style jar this is sold in bath & body works! But I think it's no longer available in bath & body work anymore! I did enjoy using this as a hand cream but I would not buy this Bc the lemon oil inside this is bad for the skin as reported by others reviews of this cream! But it does smell Devine ! ! LOL like fresh lemon 🍋

About reviewer (235 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

4 years ago

I loved the smell of this!!! It was OK as a body lotion. I would buy again for the scent.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

THis is one of my all time favorite lotions. It moisturizes fine but the selling point for me is the smell...O..M...G.. it is divine

About reviewer (980 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

5 years ago

The smell is divine. But after using for less than a week, I developed a rash - itchy, red bumps - all over my legs and arms. Throwing this away and not buying again.

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

6 years ago

I LOVE C.O. Bigelow products from Bath & Body Works, especially the lemon scented collection. Amazing scent! HOWEVER, I unfortunately bought and used this cream before reading reviews and like many others I developed the worst ITCHY RED BUMPY RASH everywhere I had applied this lotion (arms, legs, shoulders, and stomach). Since it was the only new product I had used in my normal routine, I discontinued using it, and within a week or so the rash went away. Eight months later I found the tub of C.O. Bigelow lemon body cream in my linen closet and decided to give it a second try... HUGE MISTAKE!!! I broke out in the exact same tiny red bump itchy rash only in the places I had applied the cream (this time just my arms and legs). That was 5 days ago, and I'm still covered in itchy bumps :( Strangely enough, the C.O. Bigelow body lotion (not cream), cream body wash, and chapstick are fine and have never given me a bad reaction.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

I did some research having gotten allergic reactions to some chap sticks and lotions and found out that beeswax is an allergy that develops the more you use it. I got a reaction to this lotion too and looking through the ingredients i realized that it was the beeswax, not a citrus allergy as some think. Definitely look at the ingredients before buying new lotions if you got a reaction to this

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

7 years ago

For others saying the reaction is to a lemon allergy, that is not the case. I can eat and use citrus on my skin with no problems. In fact, I use two or three other lemon or orange products on my skin a year. I was really excited to use this cream because I love the scent of lemon, but immediately after I used it on my stomach (within hours) I had a red, very itchy and bumpy rash. It eventually scabbed over and I had to treat it with poison ivy products. It ended up lasting 8 days with constant treatments and misery. I still have bumpy skin from it about a week after I "healed." It's pretty sad because I love the smell and the light texture. I will keep the jar since it was a gift, also so expensive, and use it on tougher areas like my hands and feet, which don't seem to have the same reaction.

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

7 years ago

Had gotten this as a sample from bath and body works so can't comment on the price. Loved the lemon scent at times and at other times it reminded me of some kind of cleaning chemical. Seemed like a pretty good lightweight cream and I actually considered purchasing it UNTIL a day or two later when I developed bumps everywhere that I used this lotion. I don't have sensitive skin and have never had a reaction to any product before (and I've tried tons!!!!). Do a spot test before applying everywhere!

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesGreen

8 years ago

Lots of negative reviews here, which is understandable if you have an allergy to lemon. If you do not or are unsure of you do, test it first in store and leave it on for a day. For me, I am not allergic. I love that this moisturizes but soaks up quickly. No greasy feeling afterward and the scent is very light and lemony. I tend to use this only in the summer because that is when my skin needs less moisture and for a body cream, this is very light. The first ingredient is water ,which explains why it is so light. I just love that it is not sticky or greasy, so I may try it in the winter too in place of my Body Shop Aloe Body Butter. It just leaves my skin soft with the slightest lemon scent.

About reviewer (308 reviews)

SkinOily