Joico Brilliante Pomade

No Image

4.4

on 6/22/2012 5:12:00 PM

I picked this up on a whim one day and was glad to see such good reviews. This is fantastic for taming those annoying fly aways and giving my hair a light pieced look. It's also fantastic finishing product for after I curl my hair as a previous reviewer mentioned. I also love how it gives my hair a nice subtle shine and does make my hair look so shiny and healthy. I find that it doesn't really weigh my hair down too bad but I can see how it could if you over applied (esp at the roots). The texture is light and not overly sticky. The packaging is just simple twist off lid. Easy to just pop in my purse. There is no strong smell. It has a "manly" kinda smell to it, nothing floral or sweet. It's super faint so no worries that people will think your wearing mens cologne :) And the price really isn't bad esp since you only need a little.

on 2/19/2009 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used this product for almost 10 years! I have medium, straight, asian hair. I've always had a problem with fly aways and find that this product helps keep all those at bay. I also use it after curling my hair to seperate the curls. I even use a bit of it before curling becuase it helps keep the curls better. I find it gives it a more natural loose and finished look. I use it for everything actually, when I had short flipped out pixie type hair for texture, after flat ironing, blow drying, and finishing. Great product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've searched & searched for a pomade this great & thank goodness I finally found my HG pomade! It's freakin' fantastic! Worth it's weight in gold! I have bangs, & I used a bit of this on them every day nearly for that a piecy yet put together look. It adds great shine & the hold is fabulous as well! Sometimes I rustle it through my hair at the roots to add some volume & then use a bit throughout my hair for some added definition & such. I just love it to death & a little goes a VERY long way! It's just the most fabulous pomade ever! It's not goopy at all...it's like a hard balm consistency, so you just wipe your finger tips over the top & play away! It's alot of fun to use & really helps to bring out my new highlights also! It adds a great shine too! I just can't express how truly pleased I am with this fantastic product! Another winner for Joico! Woo-hoo!

on 6/25/2007 9:03:00 PM

This is one of the best pomades out there. It only takes a little. I use it on my ends to seal them and keep them smooth all day. I'm African American with thick hair and this truly helps to tame my below shoulder length hair. I love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After reading these reviews I had to go and find this stuff. I have highlighted wavy hair that gets dry and frizzy at the ends. I just rub some of this in my palm and smoothed it over my hair concentrating on the ends. Now my hair looks much more healthier. Thanks for the reviews!

on 2/8/2008 9:12:00 AM

This is one of the BEST kept secrets out there. It's a must have if you blow dry your hair. The product comes in a little pot, which I carry everywhere with me in my purse. It's my HG for hair. I discovered it 5 years ago, and can't live without it. A little goes a long way, the product lasts for at least 8+ months, for only 9.99$.

If you want to acheive the salon look, after you blow dry you hair, applying this product IS KEY! We all wonder what hairdressers use after they blow dry our hair to make it look so nice, this is it!

I have naturally curly hair and I blow dry my hair. For years, everyone thought I had naturally straight hair. After I blow dry my hair, I apply the anti-frizz serum and then I dab on a little of this pommade . It gets rid of every single flyaway hair that I may have on top of my head. I also apply it to my hair ends, and it makes my hair so shiny and the ends become so soft, silky, without the oily feeling. Even my hairdresser wondered what vitamins I was taking to have such soft and shiny hair, lol.

It gives my hair that salon blow dry look, and people compliment me on shiny, smooth and thick my hair looks, while asking who blew dry my hair. It's me and Joico Brillantine Pommade!!

on 1/22/2005 1:39:00 PM

I bought this product about 3 years ago ... and I still have it. OMG you only need a little bit of it b/c it shines your hair so perfectly with a little amount, overdoing it would make it greasy.
I use this as my finishing product for when I straighten my hair. You can use it for the ends to flip whatever way you want ... its a quite flexible product.

I would repurchase it ... that is whenever I finish what I have now.

on 8/22/2005 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this product is a good pomade for smoothing out ends and adding a little shine. don't use alot, it can be greasy. i only use on ends, especially in between hair cuts when ends are getting a little damaged.

i liked that it's not packed w/ fragrance. there is a little scent to it (kind of like grape) but it's really mild and un-noticeable once on your hair.

Popular Styling Products