NARS Niagara

NARS Niagara
NARS Niagara + NYX Black Label Lipstick in BrickMAC Mattene Tango Utterly Frivolous NARS NiagaraNiagara

4.4

on 6/15/2016 12:06:00 AM

One of my favorite lipsticks! I have pigmented lips and colors often don't show up well. Niagara shows up as a lovely coral-pink-red and is my go to for the office. It has great lasting power (never fades out to the dreaded ring unlike Audacious lipsticks), is creamy and I can't find anything to complain about here. Minus would be the small size of the lipstick and the cost. Have repurchased at least three times and also bought for my family, with great reviews.

on 4/30/2015 10:15:00 AM

My love for Niagara lies in the color. It's an ultra-flattering coral pink that brightens up my complexion. It's cheery and bright and a real pick-me-up (especially on those first spring days), yet it's subdued enough to wear to work without feeling like you're dressed for da club. The undertones in this are perfectly balanced -- I can wear it on my cool, pale olive skin in the winter and it looks good when I warm up in the summer too. I prefer it when I'm lighter-toned though, as it really makes the color pop.

As for formula, it's not my absolute favorite from NARS but it's still pretty amazing. Goes on easily, smoothly, but I would advise applying and blotting off some balm beforehand as it can get stuck on any flaws in your lips. Wear time is medium, but when it fades it leaves a really nice flush. Satin finish. I'd say the opacity of this lipstick is a solid 85%, which I believe is kind of the point for this shade. A few swipes will build it up to full color though.

Price is...NARS, lol. This is probably one of like 5 lippies that I will ever finish in my lifetime though...I will pay the dough for something in which I literally feel excitement when I plan to wear it. Like, the other day was one of the first truly nice, warm, and sunny Upstate NY days and I was like -- yes! time for Niagara!

An *almost* dupe is Essence lipstick in Love Me but it's more pink. If you want the feel of Niagara but not the price tag, definitely check that one out. It's not as special though :)

To Read all 91 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/18/2015 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm the odd one out, but I was disappointed with this lipstick. The color seemed such a lovely coral online (I bought it online due to NARS isn't sold in my country), but in reality it was too bright and leaning too much on orange. For reference, I'm NC15, so perhaps this is better suited for darker complexions with different undertones.

The biggest disappointment was the drying formula. Even if I moisturize my lips with lip balm before application, they end up looking flaky. The packaging was fine in my opinion, since due to storing the lipstick in my makeup bag there are no dust issues. The wearing time is also good.

on 8/10/2014 1:19:00 PM

I bought this lipstick for my wedding but was unable to stop wearing it beforehand. It's just such a lovely shade, very classic, and natural yet polished. The colour becomes more corally the more coats you apply. On the wedding day itself, it lasted fabulously and did not once transfer onto my new husband's lips. If you're looking for a lip liner to match, I would recommend Lipstick Queen liner in Pink: you'd think they were made for each others. Enjoy!

on 7/3/2014 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The color is perfect, it wears well and love that it doesn't have shimmer or smell fruity. I love all NARS lipsticks, but this one is just special

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This looks good on everyone. My lips are tiny, so I have to be careful to pick really flattering colors of lipstick or it just looks strange. This is a good color for thin lips.

on 3/10/2014 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My favourite shade. A beautiful mid-toned coral. Really brightens up the face, without being too distracting. Flatters teeth, too.

wonderful pinky coral colour that is great for summer. creamy texture that glides on smoothly. expensive but it was worth it.

This is a great peachy pink. It lasts for hours. I'm almost finished with my first tube, and will definitely re-buy.

on 9/5/2013 4:26:00 PM

This is perfectly creamy but still stays on. The color is a rich pink-coral with no shimmer and just a slight shine. It wears well and compliments fair skin. It isn't too bold of a color but it's not dull, either. It's a great everyday shade.