MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave

MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this lipstick 2 years ago and it is still my go to lipstick. It works really well with my fair skin (NC15) it's a my lips but better lipstick.
I love the finish because it's not super matte but it's not shiny either. I like the way it applies on my lips, too. Really smooth. Overall I would buy this lipstick again if I run out of this one.

I bought this because I was looking for a new nude lipstick. It's not quite nude, but as my lips are naturally very rosy and pigmented, it's hard to find a nude that doesn't wash my NC15 skin out even more.
I think I would describe it as a more pigmented version of MAC Syrup, which is one of my favourite lipsticks anyway, so even if it's not a nude shade I am very happy. I always pair it with KIKO's Smart lip pencil in 217 and it has a very classy, classic look.
The formula is very creamy and transfers easily, but generally leaves behind a bit of a stain or stays put well enough.

To Read all 189 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, so I got this as a gift, but forgot about it for about a year. I started using it and I found it to be a good shade for a natural makeup day to my NC20 skin. Even so, I can't catalogue this as a my-lips-but-better shade, because my lips are a bit pinkier, and the white shimmer sometimes makes my lips look gray-ish or purple-ish.

on 3/23/2016 12:26:00 AM

I purchased this while trying different lipsticks for my wedding. Overall, I think it goes well with my fair skin (NW13). However, I find it to be too bright and flashy for my taste and I don't like the shimmer. I prefer MAC's Kinda Sexy colour-wise and Clinique's Tenderheart.

on 2/18/2016 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I did buy this based on Kylie Jenner's recommendation and I really like it..not my normal type of color but it works on me. Got the Soar liner with it and it's perfect. Definitely a your lips but better color.....it can be a bit drying but nothing terrible. I would repurchase.

on 2/11/2016 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A dusty mauve shade . On it's own it's too cool toned for my liking so I always pair it with Nyx Ever (which is a dupe for Mac Soar) to get a subtle pinky MLBB shade. Top that combo with a gloss and you're good to go!

Doubt I'd repurchase though.

This is my very first MAC lipstick and I am hooked. I love everything about it- the texture, wear, color, etc. It is a great everyday lip color. It is one shade darker than my normal lip color. It goes on smooth and lasts a good while. It is the "satin" texture which MAC describes as a semi matte. I expected it to be a little drying because that's what I think of when I hear "matte" but it is not at all. I will be going back to MAC to purchase more colors. It is definitely worth paying more.

My everyday lippie! It is a pinky nude matte lipstick. I find you don't need a lip liner underneath this as its so matte anyway it lasts a good few hours. If I do use a lip liner I find rimmel obsession is a good colour!

on 10/26/2015 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

"Purchased" Brave using my last six B2M empties (waaaaaaaah), despite knowing that I have way too many nude lipsticks. With my NC42 and somewhat pigmented lips, the mauve-ness seems to disappear and leaves my lips a very pretty, very natural, full looking pink. I prefer the satin finish and will most likely repurchase (purchase?) when I run out.

on 10/16/2015 1:04:00 AM