MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave

MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave
MAC BraveSatin Lipstick in BraveMAC pink lipstick comparisonsSatin Lipstick in Brave

4.2

My go-to everyday shade, MLBB deal for me! Just hands down wonderful, I'm on my second tube and I have a two draw lipstick collection to pick from.

on 5/2/2017 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love the idea of brave as a mlbb but on me it made me look ashy and washed out. I'm someone with wheatish skin and certain nudes and pink wash me out - brave did just that, I'll stick to twig, my trusty pink mauve shade. For reference I'm southeast Asian with pigmented lips.

Check out my mac lipstick collection/reviews: https://maclipsbeautyblog.wordpress.com

on 2/18/2017 9:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I wasn't going to buy this and had purchased a dupe and yet I still ended up with it, not quite sure how that happened. Anyway I love this lipstick, it's very noticeable on me, a deeper pinky brown shade that makes my lips look very full and it actually lasts quite a bit longer than other lipsticks on me (even other macs in the same formula). Great colour for any time of the year, would repurchase. A definite fav!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a mauvey medium pink lipstick gorgeous there in no dupes it's worth every penny. I have similar drugstore type of lip colors but nothing comes close to brave. It's my HG lip goes with lots of my eye shadow pallette and blushes. It's my everyday throw on type of shade when I don't know what to wear on my lips. It never let's me down! I paired with either soar or boldly bare and my holy grail gloss Estee lauder pure sculpting gloss in color plum jealousy. With the gloss it turns out to be such a Plump long last lip! Btw..that is the best gloss on the market hands down plumes and you apply it once lasts whole day even with drinking and eating. it's never talk about in the beauty community but it's amazing worth every cent! Anyways if you have golden yellow undertones like me try it out I'm color tawny in estee double wear foundation. Gorgeous color with a little sheen to it, it's not a dull mauvey flat color..like some mauves are.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The Best my lips but better (light skinned brunette). I'm at my third.

on 3/4/2017 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My favourite all time everyday lipstick.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is lovely. It's 100% not drab. I'm all for bright lipsticks somexs (my latest muse is MAC All Fired Up) but as I reach middle age i favor conservative pinks & browns, MLBB. This is kind of similar to MAC Please Me. I love this polished understated elegance the power of the color to give me a professional edge. Very elegant & natural. I like this with something like Sable e/s, black mascara, brown eyeliner (top only) & brows this is a good color for those who wear glasses. I had this laying around for awhile never really feeling it until recently now I'm loving it w Whirl lipliner. I bought this w the Kylie jenner Whirl/faux/brave/soar/velvet teddy craze going on im sad to say I own them all! To me they are all very different. This is a pale pink mauve it does not look very brown, Satin finish is so nice & wears good on the lips. It doesn't chap/dry out it's very comfortable esp w MAC Prep + Prime lip ev1 should own something like this if U want an easy elegance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this lipstick 2 years ago and it is still my go to lipstick. It works really well with my fair skin (NC15) it's a my lips but better lipstick.
I love the finish because it's not super matte but it's not shiny either. I like the way it applies on my lips, too. Really smooth. Overall I would buy this lipstick again if I run out of this one.

This is my go to everyday pink lipstick, when I'm in a hurry and only have foundation on my face I just grab this from my make up bag apply it on the go, to have a bit of color.
The color is light pink on my lips. It makes my face looks more fresh. I'm pretty sure this will be the lipstick that I will be repurchasing soon, since I use it almost everyday. I'm nc30 with very yellow undertone. For now this is my favorite pink lipstick.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this because I was looking for a new nude lipstick. It's not quite nude, but as my lips are naturally very rosy and pigmented, it's hard to find a nude that doesn't wash my NC15 skin out even more.
I think I would describe it as a more pigmented version of MAC Syrup, which is one of my favourite lipsticks anyway, so even if it's not a nude shade I am very happy. I always pair it with KIKO's Smart lip pencil in 217 and it has a very classy, classic look.
The formula is very creamy and transfers easily, but generally leaves behind a bit of a stain or stays put well enough.