REVLON Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

Filtered by eye Color : Green
REVLON Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

3.0

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (8.0%), Zinc Oxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Boron Nitride, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, Nylon 12, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alumina, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Macrocystic Pyrifera (Extract), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PVP, Fomes Officinalis Extract (Mushroom), Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape), Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Laureth 7, Glycerin, Silica, Methicone, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tribehenin, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

This is the closest dupe to Nars Sheer Glow I've found. The coverage, look and feel are spot-on! This foundation is a little heavier in application feel and there's SPF in this but they are VERY similar and NARS SG is my HG. I do like this budget friendly option for my very dehydrated skin. Oily skin people will not like this. The title states the obvious "Age Defying", it's for mature, dry and dehydrated spectrum of skins.

on 8/26/2013 10:30:00 AM

I agree with all the other negative reviews - this stuff is really rubbish!
I picked it up in Northern Ireland the other day, only because it was in the bargain basket at 50p! Got one for my sister too and my Mum bought one.
Hmm. I've always been complemented on my good skin and am always getting told I look much younger than my age of 43.
However, I have some rosacea patches, nose pores and am starting to get some age blemishes.
This foundation is 'age-defying', right?
Wrong!
I thought maybe it was because it was really old or something (hence price) but there is NO coverage. A dull, dead colour (Fresh Ivory, which I was thrilled to find in the bargain bucket) that is neither 'dewy' nor age-defying. Botafirm? Whatever that is... Nope, nothing about my face looks firmer either! Absolute rubbish. It smells lovely so I'm guessing it's not 'off' and this is actually how it was made!
Even if I had the skin I had 20 years ago, without the abovementioned flaws, I can tell that this would do nothing at all for my skin or look, really surprised as I've always thought Revlon was a 'very good make'. Will update if my Mum/sis get back to me about their use of it. Back to the foundation-finding drawing board for me!

on 7/1/2012 2:38:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've been searching and searching for something with just a little coverage and an SPF and was hoping to find a tinted moisturizer, but I picked this up at target since it was spf 20 and it's been very nice! applies smoothly, it's a decent color match in the sun but looks perfect outdoors, I don't think it's breaking me out or anything. I still notice it looks just a smidge orange in the sun, but I'm remedying this by putting some on my neck. I think it looks very natural too. If I run out during the summer I'll repurchase otherwise I want to try the new creme stuff!

on 1/30/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this WAY more than the DNA one. That is just too thick and greasy, plus it doesn't last. This is a much more luxurious product. Finish is dewy, which I like because my skin is very dry. This covers and blends beautifully, not at all in a thick, masky way. I love that this has SPF. Definite repurchase.

on 12/21/2011 11:16:00 PM

I picked this up tonight at the store and now I am kicking myself for spending 12 bucks on it. I tried it on half my face with moisturizer under it, it does not cover anything, and it sunk into my pores making them look even larger. The other half of my face I used a primer then tried again with the foundation, using a sponge this time. Same thing, sinks it, looks chalky, and no coverage. I got more coverage from my tinted moisturizer. Iam bummed cuz I spent so much money on it and its CRAP.. save your money folks.

on 3/17/2011 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I expected more coverage from this foundation.

It was on sale for one dollar at CVS; bought this along with Revlon Color Stay and Maybelline Fit Me - paid $5 total for all three so I had an opportunity to try them side-by-side.

Settled into my pores, didn't cover up my redness. I wear it only when I'm hanging out at home and don't need to look good.

on 10/24/2010 6:56:00 AM

Personally I think this was one of the worst liquid foundations I have ever tried. I purchased 01 Fresh Ivory and it was a pretty good match to my fair complexion. I found this provided very sheer coverage, similar to a tinted moisturizer. I do like to wear tinted moisturizers, but unlike the TM I own and love this felt gross on my skin. It just seemed to sit on my face and never really seemed to settle or melt into my skin. It felt slippery, tacky to touch and slid around despite using setting powder. Eventually it settled into every pore and fine line on my face within a few hours, making me look older then my age. Did nothing to control any oils and clogged my pores after one day of use. This item immediately went into the trash. Honestly I was super surprised by how aweful this foundation was, as I own and love many Revlon foundations (Colorstay, Spa Age Defying, Active Light).

on 10/23/2010 6:15:00 PM

I like to ring the changes now and again and see if I can get a good drug store brand foundation so looked into this one. I tested it on the back of my hand and liked how smooth it felt, how light but seemed to cover ok. When I tried it out for the first time with a foundation brush I thought it strange that the colour in the bottle which looked med beige to me (nude beige) was so light when smoothed out that it was barely noticeable yet it did give me smoother skin and blurred a few minor blemishes if not totally covering them. The foundation is also in a bottle with no pump (presumably the formula is too thick). I am a few days into using this and find it is ok but something concerns me: my skin is turning drier - I didn't think this was going to happen as it seemed to be aimed at normal/combo skin and that's what I am usually. Not sure if it is this makeup but then I am prone to skin sensitivity. I am now reaching the conclusion that to deliver on what it claims to do, ie firming/age defying, is at the expense of moisture, as my skin is too tight and uncomfortable when I use this and it doesn't last longer than 3-4 hours before it looks dry and dusty. I think I will try to mix this with some other tinted moisturiser and hope that makes it work. We cannot return makeup in the UK sadly. Disappointed especially as it is quite expensive in the UK approx 26$.

UPDATE: Went in the bin total crapola!!

on 3/25/2010 9:32:00 AM

Im unsure about this foundation. This foundation is light-light med coverage. I have uneven skintone and a few acne scars. When applied it looked really shiny, it didnt cover that much, if anything, but it did even out my skintone, and looked very natural, like i wasnt wearing any makeup. There is a funky smell to this foundation, which i really didnt like. I also hated the bottle, really hard to get the foundation out. After setting with some powder it looked pretty good. But after a couple of hours it was fading, and if i touched anything, it would come off.

Reccommend this to people with normal skin who just want to even out there skintone and add a 'glow' so there skin.

on 3/8/2010 7:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Yes, I know - that at 23 I don't really need "age defying" and what not but - this is a GREAT foundation. Holds up well all day, looks natural, and while a little pricey for a drugstore foundations it is as good as any of the department store ones I have owned.

The one con is that even the lightest shade is a smidge to dark for me. But I blend REALLY well and set with an uber pale powder and I am set.

Totally worth buying!