REVLON Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
REVLON Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (8.0%), Zinc Oxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Boron Nitride, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, Nylon 12, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alumina, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Macrocystic Pyrifera (Extract), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PVP, Fomes Officinalis Extract (Mushroom), Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape), Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Laureth 7, Glycerin, Silica, Methicone, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tribehenin, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 4/17/2015 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this because I wanted a foundation with spf. I hate the smell. It stays with me all day and reminds me of my grandmother's makeup. But worse, it slicks off my very oily face and feels slimy within 2 hours. I would not re-purchase and cannot finish this bottle. I love Revlon's Colorstay.

on 6/6/2013 9:02:00 AM

This foundation has a lot going for it. Spf 20 with a good percentage of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.Physical only sunscreen, less likely to cause stinging eyes.Chemical sunscreens cause a lot of problems aound eyes for a lot of people including me. So it is broad spectrum protection.But it doesn't offer much in the way of coverage, more like a TM and it's rather greasy upon application . I couldn't use this without powder.However, set with powder it's fine.My skin's combination and that's what this foundation is for.It's a nice light summer make up, and I'm happy with it. Feels very light on, This evens out skin tone , but if you're after good coverage , this isn't for you.If you're thinking of a TM for summer , try this, it's better than a lot of BB's as well.It's available cheap on Amazon just now(it usually is)I got mine for five pounds 80p and free delivery so really you've nothing to lose by giving it a try.For reference I'm nw 15 -20 and wear this in Buff Beige. The colour match is perfect ,but the colour does look darker in the bottle.This is fragrance free and is a top pick on beautypedia.

on 3/25/2010 9:32:00 AM

Im unsure about this foundation. This foundation is light-light med coverage. I have uneven skintone and a few acne scars. When applied it looked really shiny, it didnt cover that much, if anything, but it did even out my skintone, and looked very natural, like i wasnt wearing any makeup. There is a funky smell to this foundation, which i really didnt like. I also hated the bottle, really hard to get the foundation out. After setting with some powder it looked pretty good. But after a couple of hours it was fading, and if i touched anything, it would come off.

Reccommend this to people with normal skin who just want to even out there skintone and add a 'glow' so there skin.

on 12/3/2009 8:37:00 PM

My search for foundation has finally ended. I was using all kinds of foundation until I saw my friend walked in with flawless and youthful skin. She usually looked tired and worn out. I found out later that she has just switched foundation. I was totally shock to learn it was Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm. I had used Revlon once when I was in my early teens, now at 44 I have pretty much stick with the stuff from the departmental stores. I went out and bought 3 versions of this line, one in a plastic tube with no brush (light makeup), one in a tube with brush, and this one in a glass bottle. They all proved to be very firming. I literally took 10 years off my face. But I have to say, this one in the glass bottle is the most effective.

I picked this up in a Buy One Get One Free deal. I was pleasantly surprised! I hate thick, heavy, streaky foundations and this is lightweight and smooth. It covers up most minor imperfections but it isn't a heavy-duty foundation. I think if it was heavy it would settle into fine lines and pores and make you look older. It makes my skin look very nice and natural (not powdery!), and if I mix a little with moisturizer it doesn't look like I'm wearing any at all. I HATE the smell of Colorstay and thankfully this barely smells (it just has a generic "foundation smell" IMO). There's a large range of colors, the "dry skin" line seems to be cooler toned, and the "normal/combo" seems to be more warm. However, A BIG FAT ZERO for the packaging! The bottle is poorly designed and the foundation gets everywhere. This would've gotten 5 stars if it came in a pump bottle.

This product offers medium coverage for for dry combo skin. It is okay for daily use (as opposed for evening wear). I would consider purchasing again.

on 9/12/2007 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Okay, I've only used this for 2 days now, but I think I like it! I applied it over clean, but unprimed skin, which is extremely large-pored and oily. I used my damp Laura Mercier sponge and came out with great results--a light, silky finish, which I like, so I just dabbed concealer in a few red places, then I set it with Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation and OMG! It looked great!! Now this changed the coverage from light to medium, but throughout the course of this 11 hour day this foundation has not oxidized, turned orange, faded all that much (a little bit, but 11 hours? c'mon!), or caked into my pores and fine lines. In fact, right now I have sort of a dewy finish! My nose is pretty oily, but what else is new. Oh, and did I mention it has staying power? Now, mind you, this is with Stila IPF on top-I have not tried it with just my LM translucent loose powder over it. We'll see how that goes, but for now, I'm loving it! I'm not loving the fragrance, though, as it tends to linger, but it's not horrific. And a pump would be nice. Am I asking too much here?! Will update later! (Keeping my fingers crossed!)
UPDATE: This foundation is the best kept secret at the drugstore--if only it weren't such a PITA to find the right shade. Otherwise, it still has great staying power, does not oxidize on my super-oily skin, does not cause breakouts and blends like a dream. I just love the texture. Lately, I've just been dusting LM loose powder on top with great results. Will definitely re-purchase.

Edit-Sorry, girls, but I just cannot deal with the smell; I can't quite put my finger on it...peanut butter, maybe? It still has a great texture and staying power for a drugstore foundation. But only if you can stand the smell.

on 11/28/2006 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for a couple of weeks now, very light coverage and the color was perfect for me. I do use a concealer with it though- i will repurchase again

on 8/18/2005 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

OMG I love this foundation! I recently purchased an Almay foundation but had problems with wrinkles. When I saw the ad, of course, I was tempted to get this. Anything to make my skin look better! Thing is, for a drugstore brand, this is quite expensive and I almost didn't get it.

Since there was no tester, I use the colour from Almay to find my colour. Perfect match in Natural Beige. Oh yeah, mine came in a package with a compact concealer.

On me..very natural looking, not mask-y and no additional breakouts. Lines and pores seem to disappear. Quite long lasting. I also love the slight dewy finish. Best of all, I think it actually made my skin better...softer and smoother, almost perfect. I will definitely buy this again.

on 7/29/2005 12:47:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I really like this foundation. Usually I prefer wearing tinted moisturiser, since most foundations feel too heavy for me. Not this one! This foundation feels so nice on my skin, so light, but still has a good coverage. It also gives my skin a very subtle glow which I love. I also like the scent, it smells a bit like peanut butter I think :D. Usually I just dab a little bit of the foundation around my nose, cheeks and chin to cover redness, put on a little bit of concealer if needed, set everything with a tiniest amount of pressed powder... and voila, perfect skin! I use Golden Beige for my medium yellow/golden toned Asian skin.