Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (8.0%), Zinc Oxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Boron Nitride, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, Nylon 12, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alumina, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Macrocystic Pyrifera (Extract), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PVP, Fomes Officinalis Extract (Mushroom), Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape), Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Laureth 7, Glycerin, Silica, Methicone, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tribehenin, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

To clarify, the item pictured is not the current form of this product. Pictured is what the foundation used to look like; this product is no longer categorized between Normal/Combination and Dry, it now reads for 'All Skin Types'. The glass bottle is slightly taller, now with a plastic pump. However, the foundation that is in the picture used to be my HG foundation. I loved it. It was moisturizing, and glowy; with coverage that fell somewhere between light and light-medium. And it seemed to just melt into the skin, it had that 'my skin but better' look to it. Its current formulation is ok, but nothing like it used to be... it still has that skin smoothing quality about it, but all of the other things I mentioned are gone.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a very sheer foundation. I actually bought this by mistake and decided to give it a try anyway. I used it only once because it was one of the worst foundations I have ever tried. It's very very sheer and has a funny odor to it. It kinda smells of chemicals but also kind of peanut buttery. I know that's weird, right. But my boyfriend actually noticed it first. He leaned in to hug me right after I had applied this, so it was still fairly wet and he said wow ur face smells like peanut butter! Lol! I know it sounds crazy but it actually does..with a slight chemically smell too, if that makes any sense. Anyways, the coverage was poor. I had to use a ton of powder over this and I would definitely not buy this again. Thank God I returned this & could get back my $9, this was so not worth it! Revlon does have a new version of this foundation out w/a pump and way better coverage and I can't wait to try that one!

This is the closest dupe to Nars Sheer Glow I've found. The coverage, look and feel are spot-on! This foundation is a little heavier in application feel and there's SPF in this but they are VERY similar and NARS SG is my HG. I do like this budget friendly option for my very dehydrated skin. Oily skin people will not like this. The title states the obvious "Age Defying", it's for mature, dry and dehydrated spectrum of skins.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this in 15 "early tan" (I was matched NC35/37 long time ago). I purchased at CVS, normal/combination skin, 1.25 fl oz. @ 13.99.

In my humble opinion this is a light coverage foundation. I don't find that it is buildable. That's okay that's what I wanted, something just the next step up in coverage than a tinted moisturizer.

I would not recommend this for women with oily skin or skin that is even the oily/combo. I do recommend this if your skin is dry, if it is dry/combo or if you have mature skin (mature as in over 45 yrs of age).

The finish is as said above light coverage but with a radiant finish. I call this radiant not dewy but this does not have shimmer or sparkles. Just leaves my mature skin looking fresher, more youthful. I'm not saying it makes me look young or younger, I'm saying the finish helps to give my skin a fresher more moist appearance.

Who the heck knows what Botafirm is and what it is supposed to do, I sure don't and I don't care as long as it doesn't cause me any problems like acne or rashes or etc. with my skin.

I finish this with a very light dusting of mineral veil only on my T-zone. I do not detect a strong fragrance. Slight and fades away after application.

To sum up, this is light coverage, not really buildable but you can get almost medium if you work at it. But don't purchase it expecting medium. I do purchase high end and department store counter makeup. If this were say in a bottle with the name Lancome, Estee Lauder, etc... and I used it? I would think that it was just as good as it is having purchased it from a drug store. In fact, I think I do prefer this to the department store foundations I already have. This will be my every day foundation. I'll save my Chanel, EL, Lancome for evenings out.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I recently used this on on my great grandma for a big event and this looked so great on her!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I got this because it was oil-free, and my dermatologist said I needed to get oil-free makeup. Well. I tested it out first on my hand to see if it was a good color match (I'm ultra pale), and it seemed quite pale. In fact, the more I rubbed it into my skin, the whiter it got. I think it's because of the spf. Another thing I noticed right away was the weird consistency. Since it doesn't have a pump, I tried to pour a little bit out at a time so as not to waste it. I shook it...and it didn't come out. I shook it again...and it came out in a...for lack of a better word, glop. It just kinda...plopped out. Anyway, as I put it on my face, I was a bit disappointed by the coverage, but what I was most disgusted by was the finish. It was legitimately slimy. If I put my hand on my face for any reason, there would be oil and foundation on my fingers. My face looked SO greasy (and I have dry skin)! Also, since the foundation never really dries, it just kinda slips all over the place and goes where it wants to. Just when I thought my foundation couldn't look any grosser, I looked in the mirror and it had seeped into the dry parts of my skin, making it look like I have wrinkles. And by the end of the day, it was all over the place and had absolutely no coverage. It's possible I just didn't use a good powder over this, but I know there are plenty of foundations out there and I just didn't want to take a whole lot of effort to make this work. So I just returned it.

I didn't realize how much I disliked this until I wrote this review, and negative things began spewing from my brain. The only two things I like about this foundation are 1) it's oil-free and 2) it has spf. Other than that, total waste of time and money.

on 3/17/2011 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I expected more coverage from this foundation.

It was on sale for one dollar at CVS; bought this along with Revlon Color Stay and Maybelline Fit Me - paid $5 total for all three so I had an opportunity to try them side-by-side.

Settled into my pores, didn't cover up my redness. I wear it only when I'm hanging out at home and don't need to look good.

on 3/2/2011 9:04:00 PM

Love this foundation. I just massaged it into my face with my fingers using a circular motion, a little goes a long way. It didn't settle into my pores or lines. My skin looks great, it lasts all day with no touch ups and finally I have no oil or shine on my face and it doesn't oxidize on me. One thing to note is it goes on lighter than it appears in the bottle, I am fair skin and I went with color nude beige and it looks so dark in the bottle but once I put it on it fits my ivory skin perfectly.

on 12/21/2010 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Revlon Age Defying Makeup SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin isn't my favorite foundation, but it's not my least favorite either. It has tons of silicones in it, so it applies really, really smoothly and it's quite blendable. It's creamy and dries to a dewy finish on me. The coverage isn't super opaque, but it's better than a tinted moisturizer. It almost looks like I'm not wearing makeup at all--like I just have good skin. I apply it with a flat foundation brush or a damp flat-top. I really like the finish, the application, the SPF. I just don't like the lack of lasting power--I absolutely have to set it with powder or it slides right off (those silicones!). The shade range is normal for a drugstore line--not great, and the lightest shade is peachier than I like (which isn't really noticeable once I add white foundation to make it light enough for my NW10 skintone). I might repurchase because I do really like the finish, but I hear Maybelline Fit Me also has a nicely dewy finish, so I'll give that a try, too.

on 3/8/2010 7:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Yes, I know - that at 23 I don't really need "age defying" and what not but - this is a GREAT foundation. Holds up well all day, looks natural, and while a little pricey for a drugstore foundations it is as good as any of the department store ones I have owned.

The one con is that even the lightest shade is a smidge to dark for me. But I blend REALLY well and set with an uber pale powder and I am set.

Totally worth buying!