Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

3.3

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (8.0%), Zinc Oxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Boron Nitride, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, Nylon 12, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alumina, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Macrocystic Pyrifera (Extract), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PVP, Fomes Officinalis Extract (Mushroom), Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape), Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Laureth 7, Glycerin, Silica, Methicone, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tribehenin, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

To clarify, the item pictured is not the current form of this product. Pictured is what the foundation used to look like; this product is no longer categorized between Normal/Combination and Dry, it now reads for 'All Skin Types'. The glass bottle is slightly taller, now with a plastic pump. However, the foundation that is in the picture used to be my HG foundation. I loved it. It was moisturizing, and glowy; with coverage that fell somewhere between light and light-medium. And it seemed to just melt into the skin, it had that 'my skin but better' look to it. Its current formulation is ok, but nothing like it used to be... it still has that skin smoothing quality about it, but all of the other things I mentioned are gone.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

very poor coverage it's not buildable at all, it didnt cover up anything.., it doesn't have a pump it's so annoying, but it has some SPF in it which is a good thing, but eh...

I have only used this product for one day.. but I can definitely say I was surprised by how good it was. I have some acne scaring on my face - not deep scaring, just on the surface and I do get some acne sometimes so I do need good coverage. Although I used some concealer over the scars, this product did its job well. When I first put it on I wasn't sure it would have great coverage but after a few minutes I looked in the mirror and seemed that to have settled and it looked great - it looked so naturaly, not cakey at all and I have had it on all day and it still looks great! Definitely would recommend this but if you need good coverage for acne scaring you will have to use a little concealer. Overal great foundation and I love the pump and the packaging/bottle!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a very sheer foundation. I actually bought this by mistake and decided to give it a try anyway. I used it only once because it was one of the worst foundations I have ever tried. It's very very sheer and has a funny odor to it. It kinda smells of chemicals but also kind of peanut buttery. I know that's weird, right. But my boyfriend actually noticed it first. He leaned in to hug me right after I had applied this, so it was still fairly wet and he said wow ur face smells like peanut butter! Lol! I know it sounds crazy but it actually does..with a slight chemically smell too, if that makes any sense. Anyways, the coverage was poor. I had to use a ton of powder over this and I would definitely not buy this again. Thank God I returned this & could get back my $9, this was so not worth it! Revlon does have a new version of this foundation out w/a pump and way better coverage and I can't wait to try that one!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I only bought this because it was on sale on walgreens for $4 so I decided to try it and... I did like this stuff it has no coverage at all and made my face feel so oily . I would not buy this again

on 11/16/2013 12:56:00 PM

Used the foundation for years and really like it, blends well, covereage tad on the light side but it is buildable.. Worth a try!

on 8/26/2013 10:30:00 AM

I agree with all the other negative reviews - this stuff is really rubbish!
I picked it up in Northern Ireland the other day, only because it was in the bargain basket at 50p! Got one for my sister too and my Mum bought one.
Hmm. I've always been complemented on my good skin and am always getting told I look much younger than my age of 43.
However, I have some rosacea patches, nose pores and am starting to get some age blemishes.
This foundation is 'age-defying', right?
Wrong!
I thought maybe it was because it was really old or something (hence price) but there is NO coverage. A dull, dead colour (Fresh Ivory, which I was thrilled to find in the bargain bucket) that is neither 'dewy' nor age-defying. Botafirm? Whatever that is... Nope, nothing about my face looks firmer either! Absolute rubbish. It smells lovely so I'm guessing it's not 'off' and this is actually how it was made!
Even if I had the skin I had 20 years ago, without the abovementioned flaws, I can tell that this would do nothing at all for my skin or look, really surprised as I've always thought Revlon was a 'very good make'. Will update if my Mum/sis get back to me about their use of it. Back to the foundation-finding drawing board for me!

on 8/1/2013 7:33:00 PM

Love this! I am 49, and have used and tried soooooooooo many foundations and was never happy with the products I tried--until now. I have been using this for over a year and I am so happy with this product. I have combination skin with some fine lines, but, when I put this on my face, my skin looks very healthy, and more importantly, younger. It does not transfer onto your clothing, and the color stays true ALL day. I have even gone to bed without washing it off(not a habit, to be sure) and the next morning the foundation looked as though I had just applied it. Love this product. I just wish it came with a pump.

on 7/26/2013 6:24:00 PM

I must agree with Lili95. This fdt sucks. I was looking for something to counteract the extremely dry weather we're having here, and my aging used-to-be-very-oily skin, but I can't afford to spend a bloody fortune, so I tried this.

Bad mistake. When I opened the bottle there was about half an inch of OIL sitting on top. Oh, well. Sometimes you've got to shake a product, so I gave this a good shake. I put it on and it was still an oily mess. Oh, and no coverage whatsoever. Did I mention it has no coverage? In short, I hate this muck. I have to go out in a minute so I don't have time to redo my MU. I had to powder my face to death to counteract the oiliness, which rather defeated the purpose of trying not to dry my skin out. I can almost feel my skin breaking out from this garbage. This is going back tomorrow PRONTO.

Why, oh WHY, do these "experts" believe that because a woman is past 40, she has to smother her face in grease? Lord knows we buy enough of their stuff to pay for a lifetime of research. And yet, they keep coming back with the same old same old: either blotting-paper dry products, or lard-in-a-jar. And I don't care how much they gas away about their "breakthrough anti-aging so and so, for all skins." No, it isn't. It's just a variation of the same rubbish.

I'm no expert, but even I know that grease does NOT prevent or correct wrinkles. It only makes your face look gross and your skin break out.

Forgive the rant, but I am very frustrated at the moment, and I am tired of these snake-oil (pun intended) peddlers who call themselves "experts."

on 7/13/2013 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation! Yes, this foundation is light. It gives a light coverage for those who don't need much to cover. If you have acne or "bad" skin, it's not for you! I believe that is why there are so many bad reviews. I always get complements on how nice my skin looks. I tried other brands and nothing compares to this one. This foundation beats Chanel Perfection Lumiere, hands down! It makes my skin look dewy and fresh! As long as this foundation is sold at DS, I will continue to purchase it!