REVLON Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
REVLON Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (8.0%), Zinc Oxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Boron Nitride, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, Nylon 12, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alumina, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Macrocystic Pyrifera (Extract), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PVP, Fomes Officinalis Extract (Mushroom), Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape), Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Laureth 7, Glycerin, Silica, Methicone, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tribehenin, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 4/17/2015 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this because I wanted a foundation with spf. I hate the smell. It stays with me all day and reminds me of my grandmother's makeup. But worse, it slicks off my very oily face and feels slimy within 2 hours. I would not re-purchase and cannot finish this bottle. I love Revlon's Colorstay.

on 9/12/2007 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Okay, I've only used this for 2 days now, but I think I like it! I applied it over clean, but unprimed skin, which is extremely large-pored and oily. I used my damp Laura Mercier sponge and came out with great results--a light, silky finish, which I like, so I just dabbed concealer in a few red places, then I set it with Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation and OMG! It looked great!! Now this changed the coverage from light to medium, but throughout the course of this 11 hour day this foundation has not oxidized, turned orange, faded all that much (a little bit, but 11 hours? c'mon!), or caked into my pores and fine lines. In fact, right now I have sort of a dewy finish! My nose is pretty oily, but what else is new. Oh, and did I mention it has staying power? Now, mind you, this is with Stila IPF on top-I have not tried it with just my LM translucent loose powder over it. We'll see how that goes, but for now, I'm loving it! I'm not loving the fragrance, though, as it tends to linger, but it's not horrific. And a pump would be nice. Am I asking too much here?! Will update later! (Keeping my fingers crossed!)
UPDATE: This foundation is the best kept secret at the drugstore--if only it weren't such a PITA to find the right shade. Otherwise, it still has great staying power, does not oxidize on my super-oily skin, does not cause breakouts and blends like a dream. I just love the texture. Lately, I've just been dusting LM loose powder on top with great results. Will definitely re-purchase.

Edit-Sorry, girls, but I just cannot deal with the smell; I can't quite put my finger on it...peanut butter, maybe? It still has a great texture and staying power for a drugstore foundation. But only if you can stand the smell.

on 8/14/2007 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This used to be my HG foundation for months. I really liked how it didn't feel heavy at all. I think it might have caused some breakouts, but I can't be sure. I think this would have stayed my HG if I hadn't stumbled on my new HG from CG, which is also cheaper.
Good product.

on 7/19/2005 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

So far this is the best foundation I've ever used and I think I've tried them all from Lancome, Chanel, Maven, MAC, etc. I have combo skin with a VERY oily T-zone. I usually am blotting before I even leave my house for work. I can go an easy 6 hours without any blotting with this. I also like that while it absorbs my oilies, it isn't too matte. Foundations that are too matte accentuate my wrinkles. This also makes my pores disappear. I will agree that a foundation brush works great with this. I had to blend the too darkest shades together to achieve the color I want (I'm pretty tan right now). Coverage is medium and buildable. I have rosacea and am sensitive and have had no problems with irritation. I don't know if the "botafirm" will do anything, but that's not why I bought this and I don't care. I highly recommend this!