Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (8.0%), Zinc Oxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Boron Nitride, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, Nylon 12, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alumina, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Macrocystic Pyrifera (Extract), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PVP, Fomes Officinalis Extract (Mushroom), Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape), Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Laureth 7, Glycerin, Silica, Methicone, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tribehenin, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 10/25/2013 12:47:00 AM

I personally love this foundation! Im on my THIRD bottle. I dont necessarily have perfect skin either and the coverage works great for me! I also love that its not cakey or look like a mask. I apply it using a sponge after i have already moisturized and its a medium coverage and generally covers my blemishes after i top it off with my powder. Another thing that i love about this foundation is that it doesn't make my skin worse, if anything my skin has cleared up since i have switched over to this. My old foundation I used to have to run to the bathroom and blot every couple hrs. but this one lasts all day, if its really humid i might have to blot maybe once midday but nothing to complain about!! I would appreciate a pump though ;) Overall, i lovelovelove this and will continue repurchasing!!!

on 7/3/2012 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is really good!
I am 38, and I've tried several brands of foundations such as mac, clinique, loreal, shiseido...
Probably this is my favorite because:
the collor I bought, 02-bare buff, matches my skin tone perfectly (arround mac nc20-25)as it is light and sightly yellow,
the formula is good for combination skin,
the coverage is light/medium
it looks like I have no foundation on
it's not expensive considering the quality.
it seems like my skin is improving (!)
So this is a wonderful product and I'm glad I've found it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I got this because it was oil-free, and my dermatologist said I needed to get oil-free makeup. Well. I tested it out first on my hand to see if it was a good color match (I'm ultra pale), and it seemed quite pale. In fact, the more I rubbed it into my skin, the whiter it got. I think it's because of the spf. Another thing I noticed right away was the weird consistency. Since it doesn't have a pump, I tried to pour a little bit out at a time so as not to waste it. I shook it...and it didn't come out. I shook it again...and it came out in a...for lack of a better word, glop. It just kinda...plopped out. Anyway, as I put it on my face, I was a bit disappointed by the coverage, but what I was most disgusted by was the finish. It was legitimately slimy. If I put my hand on my face for any reason, there would be oil and foundation on my fingers. My face looked SO greasy (and I have dry skin)! Also, since the foundation never really dries, it just kinda slips all over the place and goes where it wants to. Just when I thought my foundation couldn't look any grosser, I looked in the mirror and it had seeped into the dry parts of my skin, making it look like I have wrinkles. And by the end of the day, it was all over the place and had absolutely no coverage. It's possible I just didn't use a good powder over this, but I know there are plenty of foundations out there and I just didn't want to take a whole lot of effort to make this work. So I just returned it.

I didn't realize how much I disliked this until I wrote this review, and negative things began spewing from my brain. The only two things I like about this foundation are 1) it's oil-free and 2) it has spf. Other than that, total waste of time and money.

on 4/13/2009 12:13:00 PM

I really wanted to like this, but I guess I just need more coverage. I put it on and it looked like nothing so I applied my mineral powder makeup over it and it was fine. I would say this is on the lihgt side of light to medium. The ColorStay(sp?) Sport TM had better coverage, so I might exchange this for that or just return it and buy the Clinique workout. All in all, it does nothing bad for me, but nothing good for me either. EDM in Multitasking and Rimmel 16 hour in Ivory are still my HGs.

I don't know why it took me so long to find this! I've used $60-$30 foundations and none of them have looked this natural and this undetectible on me. It makes me look young and lit up! It blends on like a dream, kind of like a moisturizer and it's so easy! I'm in foundation heaven and I hope they never, EVER discontinue this!

Edit: Started breaking me out :(

I just started using this a couple days ago and hesitant to write a review, but so far so good. I used Revlon Colorstay prior to this and ran out, so I decided to give this a go. I like this better because it gives you a radiant look without appearing too made up. I feel like my skin looks healthy when I'm wearing this and it seems to keep the greasies away more so than colorstay. My skin doesn't look cakey or feel like I'm wearing anything at all! I'm hoping to see the benefits of the age-defying label, although I feel my skin does look slightly plump(in a good way(lol). It also seems to stay fresh for hours which is a plus in my book. Revlon please don't discontinue....I think I found my HG foundation. Give it a try before spending tons of money on high-end foundations. I got this for 13 dollars but received another Revlon product for free!!!

UPDATE: IT HAS BEEN ABOUT A YR. LATER SINCE I LAST WROTE THIS REVIEW AND AFTER TRYING OTHER FOUNDATIONS FOR THE FUN OF IT....I STILL LOVE THIS!! I LOVE THAT WHEN I WEAR IT....IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE NOTHING ON..JUST NICE SKIN. I HATE THE LOOK OF A CAKEY FACE SO THIS WILL ALWAYS BE MY STAPLE FOUNDATION. I WILL ALWAYS HAVE THIS PRODUCT ON HAND. THANKS REVLON...NEVER DISCONTINUE PLEASE!!!

on 11/23/2007 1:35:00 PM

as soon as the temperature dropped here, my face suddenly became suuuper dry. so i made an emergency run out to the drugstore to find anything that would provide coverage but not dry out my skin like the neutrogena skinclearing foundation that i had been using. after looking around forever, i stumbled upon this revlon age defying formula. im surprised i have not noticed this sooner. its very similar to a tinted moisturizer with a little bit heavier of a texture so it covers blemishes and discolorations nicely. it claims to provide oil free moisture and spf 20 protection which are both definite bonuses. as for the age defying ingredient, biofirm or whatever, i cant vouch for its effectiveness as i havent noticed any difference in the little lines that i have, but i guess it certainly isnt hurting anything. ive been using this for about a week and cant attribute it to any breakouts. overall, i think this is a great foundation for oily/acne prone skin during the winter months.

on 10/30/2006 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Finally!! After years of searching I have found my HG of foundations! I have a very oily t-zone with large pores. I have tried everything to find a foundation that would look smooth,lastall day, not slide off of my nose and chin, and note cake up. Lord knows I have spent a fortune trying. Even Estee Lauder double wear starts coming off of my nose within 2 hours. I have used Color Stay for years and it just started making me look gray and washed out and caking up on me. So I dedcided to try this based on the reviews. This stuff is great the coverage is even and smooth, stays matte (and on my face all day),and it even looks better as the day goes by (imagine that). No break outs so far and I have been wearing this for a week. I will use this as long as they keep making it. I pray it's never discontinued. (edit) I should have known it was too good to be true. After a couple of weeks this really starting drying out my skin to the point my skin felt like it was going to crack. Sigh. That's a real feat since my skin is so oily. Alas, my search for the HG begins again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I hate the bottle for this product....looks fine but is really hard to get the thick creamy foundation out without accidentally getting way too much out of the wide mouth. Needs a pump or tube packaging. Also, I do not like the smell, reminds me of Almay Kinetin makeup, a sort of clay-like scent. However, the texture of this foundation is very elegant, smooth and spreads and blends easily. The colors are good, sand beige is a good match which is something I have trouble finding. Coverage is light to medium, although it doesn't work well as a concealer, which would be a nice time saver. Creases in fine lines around the eyes. However, I like the fact that I can get a more natural look from this one, and the sunscreen is a great bonus. So, unless I find something I like better I will continue to repurchase this one.

on 9/25/2006 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is not a bad foundation but it breaks me out. I still give it three lippies because of the color (13 golden beige is the perfect match for my medium, yellowish Asian skin), and the smooth texture. I have acne prone skin but I never break out from cosmetics, partly because I choose very carefully. This foundation does not seem to have any pore-clogging ingredient but I've been getting 3-4 white heads everyday during the two months I used it. I never suspected this foundation because it is supposed to be for combination skin. When I ran out of my first bottle I decided to go makeup free for a few days and the white heads disappeared. I have to say this foundation is not for me, although it didn't cause any major problem apart from the white heads. I think the medium coverage is very nice and the color goes on smoothly. With a bit of powder this foundation can stay on all day. I will not buy it again but it's a pretty good foundation if it doesn't break you out. The glass bottle is not the best but the design of the cap makes it virtually leak-proof.