REVLON Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

Filtered by skin type : Normal
REVLON Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (8.0%), Zinc Oxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Boron Nitride, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, Nylon 12, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alumina, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Macrocystic Pyrifera (Extract), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PVP, Fomes Officinalis Extract (Mushroom), Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape), Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Laureth 7, Glycerin, Silica, Methicone, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tribehenin, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 2/16/2013 12:52:00 PM

I am over 40 and have fair skin, and I LOVE this foundation. It's hard to find foundations with natural sunscreens like this one ( zinc oxide & titanium dioxide ) since most dermatologists will tell you the physical sunblocks protect you the best!

This foundation is not heavy, and blends very well. I would especially recommend this foundation for women over 40 like me.

This foundation is the best I have ever had on my skin. It blends really well with my skin and it looks like I don't have any makeup on at all!
It goes well with any powder you want to use over it. No touch ups are necessary and it doesn't slide all over my face, like other people seem to experience.
The only drawback is the bottle, really. It doesn't have a pump and that makes it slightly unhygienic.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I recently used this on on my great grandma for a big event and this looked so great on her!

on 12/21/2010 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Revlon Age Defying Makeup SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin isn't my favorite foundation, but it's not my least favorite either. It has tons of silicones in it, so it applies really, really smoothly and it's quite blendable. It's creamy and dries to a dewy finish on me. The coverage isn't super opaque, but it's better than a tinted moisturizer. It almost looks like I'm not wearing makeup at all--like I just have good skin. I apply it with a flat foundation brush or a damp flat-top. I really like the finish, the application, the SPF. I just don't like the lack of lasting power--I absolutely have to set it with powder or it slides right off (those silicones!). The shade range is normal for a drugstore line--not great, and the lightest shade is peachier than I like (which isn't really noticeable once I add white foundation to make it light enough for my NW10 skintone). I might repurchase because I do really like the finish, but I hear Maybelline Fit Me also has a nicely dewy finish, so I'll give that a try, too.

on 3/6/2010 10:06:00 PM

I have been searching the web for days to find a new foundation. My old one has started to settle into my smile lines. I wanted a light coverage foundation to give me a more polished look that would work well with my slight smile lines and some faint creases on my forehead.

I love this stuff. It gives me a porcelain look and takes about 5 years off my face easily. Plus I love the way it feels. My skin is very soft and touchable when wearing this. When putting it on it is very creamy and blends excellently.

This is perfect for people that have pretty good skin and just want to polish up their look.

on 8/8/2009 11:13:00 PM

Not the foundation for me, but might work for someone that has dry skin and needs very little coverage. It really didn't cover any of the redness or unevenness. Also, as another reviewer stated, it does have an odor that stays. Might work for someone else - but not me.

on 4/26/2008 11:47:00 PM

This stuff is foundaiton for people who don’t need to wear any. Its so sheer that theres really no reason to put it on unless you want sun protection or a base for other makeup.

It gives you a natural and very sheer finish. Odd because the lable says its “age defying” and for “normal/combination skin”, yet it tends to get shiny, wont even out your skin tone, and wont disguise any discoloration from acne or age.

I used 10 Sand Beige which was the yellowest shade I saw. Its a little too pink but the stuff is so sheer that it hardly matters. It doesnt change color throughout the day, but again, its so sheer its hard to tell.

Two stars because the lable is misleading.

on 3/25/2008 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been wearing this product for a week now, and I really like it. I was originally interested in purchasing L'oreal True Match, but couldn't find a match as I am apparently between a W2 and a W3 in that line, and I refuse to buy two bottles to blend. Fortunately I discovered this Revlon product in Bare Buff, which is perfect for my light olive with yellow undertone skin. It goes on a little on the sheer side, but it covers my ruddy cheeks and chin nicely. It feels weightless and covers pores - my skin looks lovely. My skin is usually on the dry side, so I always exfoliate and moisturize before I apply it with my fingers, then blend the edges with a sponge. I do recommend it.
UPDATE: Eventually I decided that the coverage was a little too sheer, especially for evenings. While I do think this is a nice product, I've switched over to Max Factor Pan-Stik in True Beige. If I apply Pan-Stik with a wet sponge, it doesn't apply too thickly and I can control the coverage. Also, I find the Pan-Stik to be more moisturizing, (good for skin my age).

on 11/19/2007 7:40:00 PM

I am right there with CurlsAloud, below, who wrote: "I got the second colour 04 Nude Beige. The coverage is very sheer, it's buildable, and it's very glowy/dewy. The colour match is excellent on me, and it evens out my skin tone and gives my skin a lift, but as it's nice and sheer it doesn't disguise my freckles" I too bought the same color today and I was very, very pleasantly surprised! I have been looking for something lately to fit my craving for Chanel's Teint Innocence compact foundation, which I would love to own but refuse to spend $60 on. This foundation looks just as good or better at 1/10 the price of Chanel. The texture of this foundation feels a lot like Shiseido (which I also love but also can't afford). The Revlon is clean and sheer but buildable; the top ingredients include silicone, but I don't think that's a bad thing--there's silicone in Chanel & Shiseido foundations too (some brands I also really like)--and most makeup primers you find out there are totally sillicone based too (like Smashbox). The silicone makes it blendable and pretty--like a foundation and primer in one. Plus after the silicone there are a bunch of skin care ingredients in there that I can't remember, like Gingko and stuff, but natural extracts and things that don't sound like a foreign language on the ingredient list. Finally, there's spf 20, which is also great. I am just really, really happy with this pretty foundation that I got at Duane Reade for about $7 (after I used a $5 manufacturer's coupon I had). Honestly, I'm so happy I found this in time for the holidays. I can't wait to look pretty for Thanksgiving with my husband's family! :)

EDIT: Bummer--I dropped this on the bathroom floor just days after purchasing and the bottle shattered, spilling makeup everywhere. Due to the crummy fragile packaging, I would not repurchase. Also, I don't think my skin did well with whatever the silicones in this product were--'cones always give me little red bumps/small shiny bumps/little pimples. Boo.

on 10/20/2007 2:31:00 PM

My skin is changing from very oily to normal, which for me seems "dry", though I know it really is not. I have bought about 5 different foundations in different price ranges during the last three months and this is by far the best. The color is perfect, it does not settle in fine lines, and blends great. I would say the coverage is medium, so if you have imperfections that you really want to hide, you may need a concealer. I set it with the age defying powder in my T-zone, which is still gets oily and it lasts throughout the day. It might be a 5, but I gave it a 4 for now. The only thing I do not like, is the lack of a pump.