Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

Filtered by skin type : Other
Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

4.4

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (8.0%), Zinc Oxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Boron Nitride, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, Nylon 12, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alumina, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Macrocystic Pyrifera (Extract), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PVP, Fomes Officinalis Extract (Mushroom), Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape), Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Laureth 7, Glycerin, Silica, Methicone, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tribehenin, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 6/27/2012 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This provides a decent amount of coverage. I got it in the color fresh ivory, and it's a tad too pale for me, depending on the day. I normally mix it with a small pump of one of my other foundations that are slightly darker. It can have a slightly powdery finish, but that can be combated with a primer applied before application. Overall, I would by this again, because you do get a lot of product.

on 11/4/2010 6:53:00 PM

I loooooooooove this foundation. Hate how you have to pour it out (why can't they ever put pumps in there?) but it's very natural-looking and has a dewy finish.

Not very good coverage though. So if you have bad skin, look elsewhere.

I actually like the formula for Revlon's Age Defying makeup for combination skin. I actually have combination/sensitive skin, and this formula works for me. It's not too sheer and not too heavy--it falls in-between. For the people who like heavier coverage (for instance, I only use this foundation to cover up my occasional blemishes), you can definitely build it up. There's nothing truly bad about this product--it didn't break me out, it's not heavy, it's easy to apply (I use a damp sponge), and it doesn't oxidize or turn orange.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I took off a lippie because Revlon only directed this product at the Caucasian population. I had a tough time finding the right color for my skin tone--and even if I bought 2 to custom blend my own formula, it still wouldn't match me. FYI, I am an Asian with a light/medium skin tone, and none of Revlon's 17 colors have any yellow in them--they're much too pink or too dark. I also foresee that other ethnic groups will have trouble finding their color matches as well.

So overall, I liked this foundation, but I couldn't buy it again because it doesn't match my skin! I can't even custom blend, unfortunately. (At the moment, I'm using it to make it look like I got a tan, but I'd much rather have a formula that matches my skin tone exactly). I'm going to try MAC next!

on 10/18/2007 12:42:00 PM

I can't tell you how long I've been looking for the right foundation. I've tried the expensive department/specialty store products to various foundations form the drug store. I think I've found the best so far. Revlon Age Defying Makeup. I can't stand a heavy-feeling foundation but also want decent coverage. A combination which seems to be like finding a needle in a haystack. This product goes on silky smooth yet covers nicely. I truly have combination skin and so far haven't noticed any uneveness in the look of my skin. Just a fresh natural look. The price is on the higher end of drug store varieties but a lot less expensive than upscale cosmetics from a department store.

on 10/13/2007 12:39:00 PM

Great everyday foundation! I'm usually a high end girl when it comes to foundation - I usually use stuff like Laura Mercier, Chanel, MAC etc. I've never really found my HG so I swap and change a fair bit. My last foundation ran out (MAC Select) and I was miles away from a decent makup counter so I did a quick check on the MUA board and the reviews for this looked OK, and the colour range was good (I'm usually an NW20) - the palest in this foundation was actually too pale which is unusual so I got the second colour 04 Nude Beige. The coverage is very sheer, it's buildable, and it's very glowy/dewy. The colour match is excellent on me, and it evens out my skin tone and gives my skin a lift, but as it's nice and sheer it doesn't disguise my freckles - a lot of foundations look naff on me because they look too caked and fake. It's a really nice product, although I find the smell a little strong!

on 8/24/2006 11:03:00 AM

I think this is a great foundation for skin of any age, but it works very well for aging skin. It has some illumating qualities which made it give my skin a bit of a glow and I can layer it for extra converage on those parts of my face that need it. I use a sponge to apply and then use the sponge for the layering. I am very suprised at how well this stuff works! I would recommend it!

I had been using higher end foundations these past few years (Chanel, tarte, etc..) but decided to try this one based on the reviews. I am very glad I did. The coverage is medium and somewhat buildable and the staying power is great on my combination skin. I use it with the Age Defying concealer in Neutralizer (which is also great by the way) and so far I love both products.

on 1/28/2006 12:04:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation; I've tried dozens. I have mature, combination skin with no particular issues. This offers moderate coverage, a slightly dewey finish and looks very natural. I usually finish with a bit of loose powder and blot midway through the day. I can get a perfect color match all year. I usually switch to Revlon New Complexion (oil-free) in summer, when my skin is more oily.

on 5/31/2005 5:35:00 PM

DESCRIPTION OF ME Asian with a warm complexion (C3-C4 in MAC) with strong yellow undertones and some peach. Black hair. Oily skin.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION Liquid foundation with SPF 20. Around $10-$15 US retail. Available in most drugstores.

PACKAGING Age Defying for Normal/Combo skin comes in a glass bottle with a plastic cap. (The cap consists of a red inner layer and a transparent plastic cover, which differentiates it from the formula for dry skin which has a completely red cap.) It is sturdy but inconvenient to use if you prefer applying your foundation with a brush or with your fingers. As many other people have pointed out, this could definitely use a pump dispenser.

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE This foundation is a little thicker in consistency than your average liquid foundation. If you turn the bottle over, the foundation will not flow out immediately. However, the foundation does not feel heavy or dense. It feels light and it is easy to blend.

APPLICATION As I have said before, this foundation is easy to blend. It does not streaky, it does not dry too fast nor does it "drag". It is easy to apply with your fingers (tap a little bit of foundation into the cap and dip your finger in) as well as a wedge or sponge (cover the mouth of the bottle with the wedge or sponge and shake up and down). A brush also works well but it is not my preferred method of application. Overall, it is a dream to work with.

FINISH I say that the finish is satin to velvet. It is not a flat matte. I would not call it dewy unless you apply it on freshly moisturized skin.

COVERAGE Light to medium. It will not cover fresh pimples but you can stipple it onto faded discolorations. Age Defying does not cover dark shadows under the eyes very well but it does do a good job with mild redness.

STAYING POWER
Unfortunately, Age Defying does not hold up very well to my oily skin. I am usually in climate-controlled environments for most of the day but slight oil breakthrough made Age Defying fade and rub off very easily. The careful stippling and spot-concealing became useless before lunch. This is very disappointing since staying power is easily the number one thing I look for in a foundation.

SCENT Age Defying has a mild slightly nutty smell. Don't ask me why but that's just want it strikes me as! It is not annoying to me. In fact, I kind of like it. I do not see any added perfumes in the ingredients list.

COLOR I use 10 Sand Beige. This particular foundation's color scheme differs slightly from other Revlon products. For one, it has more color selections and it tends to run slightly darker. Sand Beige in Colorstay and Colorstay Natural would be far too light for me but is a good match when it comes to Age Defying. Keep in mind that the foundation will dry to an ever-so- slightly darker shade, so consider buying a color that looks a little paler than what you need. As far as I can see, Age Defying foundation colors are very neutral. No ugly pinks or oranges in the bunch.

OVERALL A wonderful foundation but it does not last on my oily skin. I would highly recommend this for normal skin that does not have a million things to hide. (I have not tried the dry skin formula, so I would not know if it is any good.) It has a lot of what a person could ask for: Great color, good coverage, a wonderful texture and SPF 20. I would repurchase.

NOTE ON "ANTI-AGING PROPERTIES" This product will not have any sort of significant effect on lines and discolorations due to aging. In a nutshell, such signs originate from deep in the skin where over-the-counter products such as this foundation cannot penetrate into. If it were able to penetrate and affect the deepest layers of the skin, it would not be as simple to purchase them. They would be controlled (such as by prescriptions) or at the very least accompanied by detailed facts, warnings and instructions for use.

However, this does contain broad-spectrum sunscreen which will be a great way to avoid the bulk of the damage caused by the sun.

continued >>

on 2/25/2005 12:13:00 PM

This feels great on the skin, very natural, and has a nice finish, like healthy, glowing skin, but I would classify it as a sheer finish and it is simply not enough coverage for me. I expect to use concealer with any foundation for dark circles and red spots, but this doesn't even cover very light discolourations on my cheeks.