REVLON Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

REVLON Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (8.0%), Zinc Oxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Boron Nitride, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, Nylon 12, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alumina, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Macrocystic Pyrifera (Extract), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PVP, Fomes Officinalis Extract (Mushroom), Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape), Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Laureth 7, Glycerin, Silica, Methicone, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tribehenin, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

To clarify, the item pictured is not the current form of this product. Pictured is what the foundation used to look like; this product is no longer categorized between Normal/Combination and Dry, it now reads for 'All Skin Types'. The glass bottle is slightly taller, now with a plastic pump. However, the foundation that is in the picture used to be my HG foundation. I loved it. It was moisturizing, and glowy; with coverage that fell somewhere between light and light-medium. And it seemed to just melt into the skin, it had that 'my skin but better' look to it. Its current formulation is ok, but nothing like it used to be... it still has that skin smoothing quality about it, but all of the other things I mentioned are gone.

This is the closest dupe to Nars Sheer Glow I've found. The coverage, look and feel are spot-on! This foundation is a little heavier in application feel and there's SPF in this but they are VERY similar and NARS SG is my HG. I do like this budget friendly option for my very dehydrated skin. Oily skin people will not like this. The title states the obvious "Age Defying", it's for mature, dry and dehydrated spectrum of skins.

on 8/1/2013 7:33:00 PM

Love this! I am 49, and have used and tried soooooooooo many foundations and was never happy with the products I tried--until now. I have been using this for over a year and I am so happy with this product. I have combination skin with some fine lines, but, when I put this on my face, my skin looks very healthy, and more importantly, younger. It does not transfer onto your clothing, and the color stays true ALL day. I have even gone to bed without washing it off(not a habit, to be sure) and the next morning the foundation looked as though I had just applied it. Love this product. I just wish it came with a pump.

on 7/13/2013 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation! Yes, this foundation is light. It gives a light coverage for those who don't need much to cover. If you have acne or "bad" skin, it's not for you! I believe that is why there are so many bad reviews. I always get complements on how nice my skin looks. I tried other brands and nothing compares to this one. This foundation beats Chanel Perfection Lumiere, hands down! It makes my skin look dewy and fresh! As long as this foundation is sold at DS, I will continue to purchase it!

on 4/27/2013 6:18:00 AM

I love this foundation. It blends in well on my face and I love how it has a matte finish. The only downside to this product is that it only has light to medium coverage and I would prefer a more fuller coverage. I love how light it feels on my face aswell and it lasts all day. I will definately repurchase

on 2/16/2013 12:52:00 PM

I am over 40 and have fair skin, and I LOVE this foundation. It's hard to find foundations with natural sunscreens like this one ( zinc oxide & titanium dioxide ) since most dermatologists will tell you the physical sunblocks protect you the best!

This foundation is not heavy, and blends very well. I would especially recommend this foundation for women over 40 like me.

on 7/3/2012 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is really good!
I am 38, and I've tried several brands of foundations such as mac, clinique, loreal, shiseido...
Probably this is my favorite because:
the collor I bought, 02-bare buff, matches my skin tone perfectly (arround mac nc20-25)as it is light and sightly yellow,
the formula is good for combination skin,
the coverage is light/medium
it looks like I have no foundation on
it's not expensive considering the quality.
it seems like my skin is improving (!)
So this is a wonderful product and I'm glad I've found it!

on 1/30/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this WAY more than the DNA one. That is just too thick and greasy, plus it doesn't last. This is a much more luxurious product. Finish is dewy, which I like because my skin is very dry. This covers and blends beautifully, not at all in a thick, masky way. I love that this has SPF. Definite repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this in 15 "early tan" (I was matched NC35/37 long time ago). I purchased at CVS, normal/combination skin, 1.25 fl oz. @ 13.99.

In my humble opinion this is a light coverage foundation. I don't find that it is buildable. That's okay that's what I wanted, something just the next step up in coverage than a tinted moisturizer.

I would not recommend this for women with oily skin or skin that is even the oily/combo. I do recommend this if your skin is dry, if it is dry/combo or if you have mature skin (mature as in over 45 yrs of age).

The finish is as said above light coverage but with a radiant finish. I call this radiant not dewy but this does not have shimmer or sparkles. Just leaves my mature skin looking fresher, more youthful. I'm not saying it makes me look young or younger, I'm saying the finish helps to give my skin a fresher more moist appearance.

Who the heck knows what Botafirm is and what it is supposed to do, I sure don't and I don't care as long as it doesn't cause me any problems like acne or rashes or etc. with my skin.

I finish this with a very light dusting of mineral veil only on my T-zone. I do not detect a strong fragrance. Slight and fades away after application.

To sum up, this is light coverage, not really buildable but you can get almost medium if you work at it. But don't purchase it expecting medium. I do purchase high end and department store counter makeup. If this were say in a bottle with the name Lancome, Estee Lauder, etc... and I used it? I would think that it was just as good as it is having purchased it from a drug store. In fact, I think I do prefer this to the department store foundations I already have. This will be my every day foundation. I'll save my Chanel, EL, Lancome for evenings out.

This foundation is the best I have ever had on my skin. It blends really well with my skin and it looks like I don't have any makeup on at all!
It goes well with any powder you want to use over it. No touch ups are necessary and it doesn't slide all over my face, like other people seem to experience.
The only drawback is the bottle, really. It doesn't have a pump and that makes it slightly unhygienic.