Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

Filtered by age: 44-55
Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (8.0%), Zinc Oxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Boron Nitride, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, Nylon 12, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alumina, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Macrocystic Pyrifera (Extract), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PVP, Fomes Officinalis Extract (Mushroom), Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape), Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Laureth 7, Glycerin, Silica, Methicone, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tribehenin, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

I wasn't impressed enough with this foundation to want to purchase it again.
It's an okay foundation but it won't work miracles. It's got medium coverage with a dewy finish.
The problem with this is that it feels like a mask which is something that annoys me. Other than that it is average.

Golden Beige is much darker than Colorstay Golden Beige, suiting NC30-35. Just an observation...

on 8/1/2013 7:33:00 PM

Love this! I am 49, and have used and tried soooooooooo many foundations and was never happy with the products I tried--until now. I have been using this for over a year and I am so happy with this product. I have combination skin with some fine lines, but, when I put this on my face, my skin looks very healthy, and more importantly, younger. It does not transfer onto your clothing, and the color stays true ALL day. I have even gone to bed without washing it off(not a habit, to be sure) and the next morning the foundation looked as though I had just applied it. Love this product. I just wish it came with a pump.

Revlon, are you by chance reading this? If so, thanks a lot for NOTHING, you morons!

I have used Age-Defying with BotaFirm for dry skin since it came out. It was perfect. My shade was 04 Nude Beige. But you had to go and change it, didn't you? That's right....some bright-eyed, squirrelly little overachiever decided he was going to make his mark by improving what DID NOT NEED improving. But you allowed it, and you screwed up.

Otherwise, can you tell me how and why the 04 Nude Beige in your hotshot reformulated "Age-Defying for ALL Skin types" is NOT THE SAME COLOR as 04 Nude Beige in the old formula? Can you tell me why the old one is for fair cool skin like mine, and the new one (same shade!) is TAN? .........No?..........I didn't think so.

Thanks a hell of a lot for making me have to start from scratch and find a new foundation at my age.

on 2/16/2013 12:52:00 PM

I am over 40 and have fair skin, and I LOVE this foundation. It's hard to find foundations with natural sunscreens like this one ( zinc oxide & titanium dioxide ) since most dermatologists will tell you the physical sunblocks protect you the best!

This foundation is not heavy, and blends very well. I would especially recommend this foundation for women over 40 like me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this in 15 "early tan" (I was matched NC35/37 long time ago). I purchased at CVS, normal/combination skin, 1.25 fl oz. @ 13.99.

In my humble opinion this is a light coverage foundation. I don't find that it is buildable. That's okay that's what I wanted, something just the next step up in coverage than a tinted moisturizer.

I would not recommend this for women with oily skin or skin that is even the oily/combo. I do recommend this if your skin is dry, if it is dry/combo or if you have mature skin (mature as in over 45 yrs of age).

The finish is as said above light coverage but with a radiant finish. I call this radiant not dewy but this does not have shimmer or sparkles. Just leaves my mature skin looking fresher, more youthful. I'm not saying it makes me look young or younger, I'm saying the finish helps to give my skin a fresher more moist appearance.

Who the heck knows what Botafirm is and what it is supposed to do, I sure don't and I don't care as long as it doesn't cause me any problems like acne or rashes or etc. with my skin.

I finish this with a very light dusting of mineral veil only on my T-zone. I do not detect a strong fragrance. Slight and fades away after application.

To sum up, this is light coverage, not really buildable but you can get almost medium if you work at it. But don't purchase it expecting medium. I do purchase high end and department store counter makeup. If this were say in a bottle with the name Lancome, Estee Lauder, etc... and I used it? I would think that it was just as good as it is having purchased it from a drug store. In fact, I think I do prefer this to the department store foundations I already have. This will be my every day foundation. I'll save my Chanel, EL, Lancome for evenings out.

on 6/13/2011 7:22:00 PM

I usually use Chanel Vitalumiere. But in the seven month winter we just had, my "summer" shade wasn't working, and I couldn't get to the mall. Plus, I just can't resist the cosmetics section of CVS! So I was fully prepared to buy something I was sure I would hate, and return! But I'm wearing it today!

I think it's a great foundation. It's very moisturizing. I have been using it with a light touch. For 51, my skin is pretty good. I'm not expecting miracles. I apply it with my fingers, and build a little where necessary. It has a nice natural, dewy coverage. Which is the way to go when you start getting (eek!) "older". It's just better to look "glowy" than "pastey".

I know that 51 sounds old. (I'm actually beginning to think it sounds young!)

Have they changed the formulation on this product? I've used it for several years and it's the best drugstore foundation I've found to help smooth my large pores, but I recently bought a new bottle and the color of the foundation is different and it seems thicker and more difficult to blend. I'm so disappointed - maybe I just got a bad bottle!

on 10/23/2010 6:15:00 PM

I like to ring the changes now and again and see if I can get a good drug store brand foundation so looked into this one. I tested it on the back of my hand and liked how smooth it felt, how light but seemed to cover ok. When I tried it out for the first time with a foundation brush I thought it strange that the colour in the bottle which looked med beige to me (nude beige) was so light when smoothed out that it was barely noticeable yet it did give me smoother skin and blurred a few minor blemishes if not totally covering them. The foundation is also in a bottle with no pump (presumably the formula is too thick). I am a few days into using this and find it is ok but something concerns me: my skin is turning drier - I didn't think this was going to happen as it seemed to be aimed at normal/combo skin and that's what I am usually. Not sure if it is this makeup but then I am prone to skin sensitivity. I am now reaching the conclusion that to deliver on what it claims to do, ie firming/age defying, is at the expense of moisture, as my skin is too tight and uncomfortable when I use this and it doesn't last longer than 3-4 hours before it looks dry and dusty. I think I will try to mix this with some other tinted moisturiser and hope that makes it work. We cannot return makeup in the UK sadly. Disappointed especially as it is quite expensive in the UK approx 26$.

UPDATE: Went in the bin total crapola!!

on 10/18/2010 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am 55 years old and had been wearing Prescriptives foundation until they got rid of their counters in retail stores. Based on reviews here, I tried both Revlon Colorstay as well as the Age Defying. Handsdown, I like the Age Defying product the best. My skin actually feels smoother. It goes on well, not too heavy. I've never tried it as part of an evening look, but for day to day activity, Age Defying gives me a smoother look in color and feel. I'll definitely buy it again.