REVLON Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

Filtered by age: 30-35
REVLON Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (8.0%), Zinc Oxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Boron Nitride, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, Nylon 12, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alumina, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Macrocystic Pyrifera (Extract), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PVP, Fomes Officinalis Extract (Mushroom), Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape), Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Laureth 7, Glycerin, Silica, Methicone, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tribehenin, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a very sheer foundation. I actually bought this by mistake and decided to give it a try anyway. I used it only once because it was one of the worst foundations I have ever tried. It's very very sheer and has a funny odor to it. It kinda smells of chemicals but also kind of peanut buttery. I know that's weird, right. But my boyfriend actually noticed it first. He leaned in to hug me right after I had applied this, so it was still fairly wet and he said wow ur face smells like peanut butter! Lol! I know it sounds crazy but it actually does..with a slight chemically smell too, if that makes any sense. Anyways, the coverage was poor. I had to use a ton of powder over this and I would definitely not buy this again. Thank God I returned this & could get back my $9, this was so not worth it! Revlon does have a new version of this foundation out w/a pump and way better coverage and I can't wait to try that one!

This is the closest dupe to Nars Sheer Glow I've found. The coverage, look and feel are spot-on! This foundation is a little heavier in application feel and there's SPF in this but they are VERY similar and NARS SG is my HG. I do like this budget friendly option for my very dehydrated skin. Oily skin people will not like this. The title states the obvious "Age Defying", it's for mature, dry and dehydrated spectrum of skins.

on 1/30/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this WAY more than the DNA one. That is just too thick and greasy, plus it doesn't last. This is a much more luxurious product. Finish is dewy, which I like because my skin is very dry. This covers and blends beautifully, not at all in a thick, masky way. I love that this has SPF. Definite repurchase.

First, let me say I got this on sale for around $8 at Walgreens. I chose the shade Bare Buff 02. I'm usually the lightest or next lightest shades in foundations. This looks darker in the bottle, but goes on lighter.
There should be a pump to dispense. I do like that the SPF in this is from zinc/titanium oxide, no chemical spf which irritate my skin.
This goes on lighter than bottle color, like I mentioned. It spreads easily and isn't dry. Goes on pretty smooth, i've been using fingers and then dusting with powder.
I do have to blot Tzone mid day, but that is with most. It looks decent as the day goes by, no oxidizing. I would say its light to med coverage, but can layer and doesn't cake up on me. No added fragrance, but does have a slight nutty, warm scent to it when applied. It gives me a nice glow without shimmer and its not flat matte. I have noticed breaking out more since using this, but am not sure if it is this or something else so that may be an issue.
Pros:
doesn't cake, no chemical spf, fairly inexpensive
Cons: possible breakout culprit, wouldn't recommend for oily skin, can be difficult to match since it goes on much lighter than bottle looks
all in all not too bad, catch it on sale and give it a try!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Bleh! Just made me look wet and uncovered! Too light of coverage. Not impressed.

on 10/24/2010 6:56:00 AM

Personally I think this was one of the worst liquid foundations I have ever tried. I purchased 01 Fresh Ivory and it was a pretty good match to my fair complexion. I found this provided very sheer coverage, similar to a tinted moisturizer. I do like to wear tinted moisturizers, but unlike the TM I own and love this felt gross on my skin. It just seemed to sit on my face and never really seemed to settle or melt into my skin. It felt slippery, tacky to touch and slid around despite using setting powder. Eventually it settled into every pore and fine line on my face within a few hours, making me look older then my age. Did nothing to control any oils and clogged my pores after one day of use. This item immediately went into the trash. Honestly I was super surprised by how aweful this foundation was, as I own and love many Revlon foundations (Colorstay, Spa Age Defying, Active Light).

on 5/16/2009 10:50:00 AM

I bought shade 02 - Buff, because I usually wear the lightest shade in DS foundation - this color was a little pink, and very light - almost white! It did blend into my skin, so it was okay.
This is a very thin, liquidy consistency, and it feels slippery, like it has a lot of silicones - feels like my smashbox primer. However, unlike the primer, it did nothing to minimize my pores or fine lines.
The coverage is absolutely minimal - almost none. I tried to build it up, but it still barely looked like I had anything on my face. I don't like to look like I have a thick foundation on, but come on - I want it to do something, otherwise why bother to use it at all?
Then, the worst part for me - it has a very heavy scent, which didn't dissipate over time. I could smell this gross, sunscreen scent for hours on my face. And it burned my skin when I first applied, and made my eyes sting and water for as long as I was wearing it. Maybe I'm allergic to something in this, but even if I wasn't I would not recommend - there are plenty of other foundations (even DS) out there that actually do what they're intended for: evening skin tone, covering imperfections, etc. This doesn't.

bought the cool beige 09, because i have pink skin. inside the house, looked great, but took a mirror outside and it was orange!!!! looked cakey. my husband who normally doesnt comment on my makeup, actually busted out in a laugh. did not make me feel good...

I don't know why it took me so long to find this! I've used $60-$30 foundations and none of them have looked this natural and this undetectible on me. It makes me look young and lit up! It blends on like a dream, kind of like a moisturizer and it's so easy! I'm in foundation heaven and I hope they never, EVER discontinue this!

Edit: Started breaking me out :(

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Overall this is a good quality daytime foundation for my oily/combination skin. As I am getting older, I find that I don't like the heavy mask look of some foundations and I don't like powders either because they tend to make me look older and I don't always like the super light coverage that tinted moisturizers provide. I recently tried Makeup Forever HD foundation that I wasn't all that impressed about for $40. This product holds up well for day wear. I wore Revlon Colorstay years ago and loved the staying quality but it was a bit too heavy for my skin so I figured I would try this. I also read reviews that this controls oil better than the Colorstay...we will see. So far I am impressed. I purchased the Buff color since the Ivory had way too much for pink undertones. The Buff color is a very nice match for my skin color. I also purchased the Revlon primer since it was a buy one get one free sale. Haven't read real rave reviews about the Revlon primer yet but one of the top ingredients is dimethicone as is in most. I figure it can't be any worse than the Makeup Forever primer that was $30 plus that I was not impressed with at all. Highly recommend this for anyone looking for medium coverage.