Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

Filtered by age: 19-24
Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (8.0%), Zinc Oxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Boron Nitride, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, Nylon 12, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alumina, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Macrocystic Pyrifera (Extract), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PVP, Fomes Officinalis Extract (Mushroom), Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape), Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Laureth 7, Glycerin, Silica, Methicone, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tribehenin, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

I have only used this product for one day.. but I can definitely say I was surprised by how good it was. I have some acne scaring on my face - not deep scaring, just on the surface and I do get some acne sometimes so I do need good coverage. Although I used some concealer over the scars, this product did its job well. When I first put it on I wasn't sure it would have great coverage but after a few minutes I looked in the mirror and seemed that to have settled and it looked great - it looked so naturaly, not cakey at all and I have had it on all day and it still looks great! Definitely would recommend this but if you need good coverage for acne scaring you will have to use a little concealer. Overal great foundation and I love the pump and the packaging/bottle!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I only bought this because it was on sale on walgreens for $4 so I decided to try it and... I did like this stuff it has no coverage at all and made my face feel so oily . I would not buy this again

on 10/25/2013 12:47:00 AM

I personally love this foundation! Im on my THIRD bottle. I dont necessarily have perfect skin either and the coverage works great for me! I also love that its not cakey or look like a mask. I apply it using a sponge after i have already moisturized and its a medium coverage and generally covers my blemishes after i top it off with my powder. Another thing that i love about this foundation is that it doesn't make my skin worse, if anything my skin has cleared up since i have switched over to this. My old foundation I used to have to run to the bathroom and blot every couple hrs. but this one lasts all day, if its really humid i might have to blot maybe once midday but nothing to complain about!! I would appreciate a pump though ;) Overall, i lovelovelove this and will continue repurchasing!!!

on 4/27/2013 6:18:00 AM

I love this foundation. It blends in well on my face and I love how it has a matte finish. The only downside to this product is that it only has light to medium coverage and I would prefer a more fuller coverage. I love how light it feels on my face aswell and it lasts all day. I will definately repurchase

After swatching this on my hand I notice that it covers up most of all my blemishes on my hand (burns and cuts :p) It is a little thick for me but once it is blended in I think it's ok...

I am not talking about the price I didn't buy this so I can't say anything I received a sample.

The packaging is cute for me though, the swirls in this bottle are lovely but that just might be a good way to deceive on amount of product haha..

the smell is something that I caught onto.. it smells a little weird to me, like an old sofa for me.. it's too odd for me and if I wear this on my face I know I would not be able to stand this plus my face is a little sensitive

I see it has a little shimmer in it which is really good, As for the age defying I don't really need it or I don't know the difference.. is this an anti aging foundation? I don't need it. I got a sample and I don't think I will use this.. or buy it.

on 7/1/2012 2:38:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've been searching and searching for something with just a little coverage and an SPF and was hoping to find a tinted moisturizer, but I picked this up at target since it was spf 20 and it's been very nice! applies smoothly, it's a decent color match in the sun but looks perfect outdoors, I don't think it's breaking me out or anything. I still notice it looks just a smidge orange in the sun, but I'm remedying this by putting some on my neck. I think it looks very natural too. If I run out during the summer I'll repurchase otherwise I want to try the new creme stuff!

on 6/27/2012 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This provides a decent amount of coverage. I got it in the color fresh ivory, and it's a tad too pale for me, depending on the day. I normally mix it with a small pump of one of my other foundations that are slightly darker. It can have a slightly powdery finish, but that can be combated with a primer applied before application. Overall, I would by this again, because you do get a lot of product.

on 1/29/2012 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I purchased this for $11 USD. I'm an NC45 in Mac and I purchased this in Rich Tan (the darkest shade available). I'm not at the age where I need age defying products, but I wanted a foundation with natural/satin/dewy finish. Since most drugstores don't have the finish of the foundation, I just picked one directed at those with mature skin since those are the products that provide luminosity (you lose it with age). Anyway, the foundation is very thick in consistency, so you'll need to apply over freshly moisturized and/or primed skin for it to move and blend. The finish is natural/satin and gives the skin a noticable glow. The coverage is light, despite the thickness of the foundation. I find that it goes on a bit light, but oxidizes to the right shade. I have oily/combination skin, but this foundation holds up suprisingly well. I apply a powder to set, and while it mattifies the skin, it doesn't take away the glow of the foundation.I have minimal shine on my face and touch up probably once per day. The packaging would benefit from a pump since the formula is so thick, but I would recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I got this because it was oil-free, and my dermatologist said I needed to get oil-free makeup. Well. I tested it out first on my hand to see if it was a good color match (I'm ultra pale), and it seemed quite pale. In fact, the more I rubbed it into my skin, the whiter it got. I think it's because of the spf. Another thing I noticed right away was the weird consistency. Since it doesn't have a pump, I tried to pour a little bit out at a time so as not to waste it. I shook it...and it didn't come out. I shook it again...and it came out in a...for lack of a better word, glop. It just kinda...plopped out. Anyway, as I put it on my face, I was a bit disappointed by the coverage, but what I was most disgusted by was the finish. It was legitimately slimy. If I put my hand on my face for any reason, there would be oil and foundation on my fingers. My face looked SO greasy (and I have dry skin)! Also, since the foundation never really dries, it just kinda slips all over the place and goes where it wants to. Just when I thought my foundation couldn't look any grosser, I looked in the mirror and it had seeped into the dry parts of my skin, making it look like I have wrinkles. And by the end of the day, it was all over the place and had absolutely no coverage. It's possible I just didn't use a good powder over this, but I know there are plenty of foundations out there and I just didn't want to take a whole lot of effort to make this work. So I just returned it.

I didn't realize how much I disliked this until I wrote this review, and negative things began spewing from my brain. The only two things I like about this foundation are 1) it's oil-free and 2) it has spf. Other than that, total waste of time and money.

on 12/21/2010 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Revlon Age Defying Makeup SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin isn't my favorite foundation, but it's not my least favorite either. It has tons of silicones in it, so it applies really, really smoothly and it's quite blendable. It's creamy and dries to a dewy finish on me. The coverage isn't super opaque, but it's better than a tinted moisturizer. It almost looks like I'm not wearing makeup at all--like I just have good skin. I apply it with a flat foundation brush or a damp flat-top. I really like the finish, the application, the SPF. I just don't like the lack of lasting power--I absolutely have to set it with powder or it slides right off (those silicones!). The shade range is normal for a drugstore line--not great, and the lightest shade is peachier than I like (which isn't really noticeable once I add white foundation to make it light enough for my NW10 skintone). I might repurchase because I do really like the finish, but I hear Maybelline Fit Me also has a nicely dewy finish, so I'll give that a try, too.