Bobbi Brown Nude on Nude Shimmerwash Palette

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am very fair with a mixture of yellow undertones and pink cheeks from rosacea. Most browns and nudes look muddy on my skin but this pallette really works. I've tried all of the colors and like them all. The darker colors I use as eyeliner with my eyeliner brush dampened. I use these over Sandy Gold Cream Shadow and they really bring out the green in my eyes. Great investment!

on 3/2/2009 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Another fab collection. I like that it has some shimmery colours and also some with out so that you can mix and match.

To Read all 30 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/27/2008 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Another beautiful nude look palette from Bobbi Brown. Versatile and gorgeous.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was always very interested in this nude palette and so a lady helped me to create a subtle pretty look using the eyeshadow and I have to say I thought my eyes were so gorgeously done. it wasn't too obvious but it really helped create depth in my eyes..so I love it! I put the lightest color all over my lids, use metallic eyeshadow on my crease and use a darker eyeshadow in the outer and it looks fabulous. It's quite expensive but you can dress up/ down with it. HG eyeshadow :D

Btw: will not show up on darker skins. I am NC20 and it shows up on me well.

on 4/3/2008 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I just bought this palette brand new on ebay and was so excited to receive it, but unfortunately I'm going to have to sell it back as it makes my eyes swell up! The day after wearing it I have puffy slits for eyes! I found this happened to me with Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner too but assumed it would be different with the powder eyeshadows - she obviously uses an ingredient in all her eye makeup that doesn't agree with me. Ignoring the allergy factor, I don't think this palette is great. I love the nude shimmer wash shadow, its a gorgeous pinky nude shade with just the right amount of shimmer to brighten my brown eyes. But I think it's a shame the liner shade, mahogany, isn't a shimmer shadow too. Also, the brush in the palette is very good quality, but the shadow end (as opposed to the liner end) is too big for subtle shading in the crease and outer corners of the eyes. I found it was only good for all over shading, and the liner end is too small and sharp to use for anything but lining. Since the whole point of this palette is for creating a subtly-shaded, nude, natural look, I think this is a shame! Maybe people with bigger lids than me would fare better, but for the record, I'd say my eyes were medium-sized. And my final negative comment is that three mid-toned shades are practically identical. Woodrose is the nicest, a pinky taupe shimmer. The other two appear dull on my PPP skin. I'm sticking to my more exciting, cheaper and non-allergy-causing Mac cosmetics!

on 12/26/2007 8:10:00 PM

I bought this product almost 2 years ago to get rid of some foreign currency on a plane ride. I have used it basically everyday since and have barely made a dent in it. I have extremely pale skin and I find the colours show up nicely, I love the nude shade in my crease for a natural look with some smudged mahogany shadow liner. Maybe the nudes aren't all that different, but I can create a variety of different hued nude looks, and am able to mix a perfect brow shade with this product. If you're looking for something shimmery or glittery I wouldn't recommend this product though, it's not really shimmery at all. Bobbi Brown is definitely eyeshadow HG for me, I couldn't live without this palette.

on 11/5/2007 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Not much of a variation on this palette. I have the nude on nude palette and quite enjoy the versatility of that one and I am not really sure why I purchased this one...greedy I guess.

The shimmer doesn't really shimmer and they look like mud to me - very flat. Not that I want a shiny eye lid but I would like a bit more umpf!

on 4/15/2007 6:27:00 PM

So . . . why is everyone obsessed with this palette? All the shimmery shades look the same when applied. Well on my NC40 skin they do. I really love how these eyeshadows are not super frost shimmer, more like a shimmery satin. Which is a nice compromise since Iím getting to that age where I should consider wearing mattes more because theyíre more professional (so I was told!) but I canít quite stomach boring mattes so these eyeshadows are perfect. Nonetheless the colors in this palette are a bit similar and I canít understand why Bobbi didnít opt to include a little more variety in this palette. They are quite smooth in consistency, but slightly sheer. Maybe she purposefully planned this palette to only make the most simple and boring neutral eyes Ė which hey, isnít always a bad thing! The Mahogany shade is better pigmented than the rest and I think itís supposed to be used as a liner, but I lightly apply it to the outer edge of my eyelids as a slightly dramatic departure from the boring neutral eye. The packaging is quite nice, chic, and classy. A substantial mirror for touch-ups and an okay quality dual ended brush. Undoubtedly, this palette is quite useful for someone like me, but I am debating whether or not I should put it up for swap since I think I am pretty well-stocked on neutrals. This palette is unique because of the nice satin-like quality of the eyeshadows and itís quick and easy to use, but I say that about almost all my neutral palettes. Hm . . . I know if I swap this one I will regret it . . . decisions decisions.

on 2/1/2007 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If you're looking for the perfect everyday,neutral look with the convience of having everything together,look no further.This is all you need.You could safely toss all your other neutrals(but a true MUA'er would just hoard them all;)Colors are Nude Shimmer: a pale slightly shimmered nude pink.perfect for highlighting,Cement shimmer:a taupey beige,Woodrose shimmer:taupey slighly pinkish shade,Wheat shimmer:reminds me alot of MAC Patina less the pink flash Patina has.Sort of a taupey golden brown and Mahogany:the perfect deep, dark Hershey brown with a touch of shimmer.perfect for lining.The palette includes a double sided brush with one semi firm but fluffy side for application and blending..and a firmer side lining side.The lining side has a razor edge so it's easy to get the shadow right into the lash line.I was luck enough to swap for this at an incredibly low value..I believed this retailed for $45 when it was available.

on 2/18/2006 10:40:00 PM

Have high hopes for this palette. Love the bos and brushes. Alas the colours are so dirty on my skin tone. I'm PPP, Asian with more cool complexion than warmth. I've tried to find good natural brown look on my eyes for years and have such joy when BB comes out with this palette. I prefer shimmer eye shadows than the matte texture, so I thought this is it! Without trying I bought this and really disapointed because I could only use 1-2 colours in the whole plate that do not come out dirty and too warm on me. The nude shimmer actually pretty on its own but when layered with the woodrose especially; somehow it just overkill.The rest of the colour is just so too flat. I now wear these colour with pink, blue, green eyeshadow and only then they are sophisticated. So Asian galls.. try before buy this palette!