Penhaligon's Lavandula

Penhaligon's Lavandula

4.3

on 9/30/2013 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm in love!! At last, I've found The One, the perfume I can see myself wearing everyday and not ever get tired of it. This is a very warm and different take on traditional lavender. It smells nothing like departmental store/home fragrance lavender, but instead it's multi-layered and complex. It isn't a simpleton. And the sillage is moderate - but may be heavy at first for those who are not used to wearing perfumes (I grew up in a Poison and Jadore household). Lasting power is around 6 hours for me.

I'm not a big fan of the retail price tag. I bought mine from londonperfumers on ebay which sells authentic Penhaligon's Lavandula but without the ribbon and fancy packaging, and I got it in half the retail price. :)

I received a sample of this, and I think I'm going to be purchasing a bottle when my present "everyday" scent runs out. This is a truly lovely lavender scent; it wears nicely on my skin. It started off with a puff of sweet florals, but very quickly morphed into something more complex and tolerable--I was afraid this would smell too flowery on me, since those types of scents tend to clash with my skin, but my worries were unfounded. The spicy middle notes in this really give a lot of body and make Lavandula something more interesting and sophisticated--I love it! It also smells very feminine and clean (almost a very faint soapy scent, I want to say) to my nose.

This would make an excellent perfume to wear everyday/to work. It is not terribly strong, so it won't give everybody you come in contact with a headache. That said, the only reason I don't give this five lippies is because the staying power is subpar; perhaps three hours, four max.

on 7/12/2006 8:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This starts out as a spicy lavender scent and eventually dries down to a straight, slightly soft lavender. I gave it a 4 b/c of the accuracy of the scent, but I'm not exactly sure if this is one I would want to repurchase. I'm torn. I like lavender a lot, but there is a fleeting window of time where I think I get a whiff of B.O.! Or was I just hallucinating? Hmmm, this is one I need to play around w/ some more...

Popular Fragrances