Penhaligon's Lavandula

Penhaligon's Lavandula

on 4/15/2018 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I received a large sample of this through a perfume subscription service. As a big lavender fan I was very curious about this fragrance as it sounded right up my street. My signature scent is Serge Lutens Gris Clair, which leans more to the masculine and winter side of lavender, Lavandula is definitely more feminine and is better suited for spring/summer. It’s soft and warm and a very rounded lavender scent. It smells very clean but not boring. Sillage is moderate, longevity is good.

on 9/30/2013 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm in love!! At last, I've found The One, the perfume I can see myself wearing everyday and not ever get tired of it. This is a very warm and different take on traditional lavender. It smells nothing like departmental store/home fragrance lavender, but instead it's multi-layered and complex. It isn't a simpleton. And the sillage is moderate - but may be heavy at first for those who are not used to wearing perfumes (I grew up in a Poison and Jadore household). Lasting power is around 6 hours for me.

I'm not a big fan of the retail price tag. I bought mine from londonperfumers on ebay which sells authentic Penhaligon's Lavandula but without the ribbon and fancy packaging, and I got it in half the retail price. :)

I received a sample of this, and I think I'm going to be purchasing a bottle when my present "everyday" scent runs out. This is a truly lovely lavender scent; it wears nicely on my skin. It started off with a puff of sweet florals, but very quickly morphed into something more complex and tolerable--I was afraid this would smell too flowery on me, since those types of scents tend to clash with my skin, but my worries were unfounded. The spicy middle notes in this really give a lot of body and make Lavandula something more interesting and sophisticated--I love it! It also smells very feminine and clean (almost a very faint soapy scent, I want to say) to my nose.

This would make an excellent perfume to wear everyday/to work. It is not terribly strong, so it won't give everybody you come in contact with a headache. That said, the only reason I don't give this five lippies is because the staying power is subpar; perhaps three hours, four max.

Although I'm no big fan of lavender I really appreciate this one, because it's grassy enough to become creamy and soft, almost soapy on my skin. Most lavenders, on the contrary, tend to smell like home fragrance to my nose.
I took off a lippie because, for what it costs, it has poor lasting power

on 2/7/2008 4:52:00 AM

I am not a fun of lavender, so when I received a sample of this I wasn't thrilled. When I tried it on though I completely changed my mind! It's so fresh, so subtle and softly feminine that I loved it. I read a review saying that this was heavy and I can't believe it!!! How can anyone be offended by this smell or find it heavy? It's mildly spicy (mildly is the key word) but as fresh as spring. Unfortunately, it is so light on me that's almost not there after an hour or two at most, and that (and the price) is the reason I'm not thinking about buying it right now. But my birthday is near so ... if I'm addicted until then I may send my dear hubby to get this as a gift!

on 12/13/2007 11:41:00 PM

I got this as a sample, expecting to hate it as I HATE lavander with a passion - but I love this! Such a wonderful scent. It is quite strong, and it lasts all day. You can definitely smell the lavander but the combination of all the ingredients makes it not so dominating. I love it, I think its quite warm, yet light enough for a summer's day, and quite sexy.

on 5/25/2007 6:22:00 AM

I like lavender, so I think the added stuff despi8te being quite nice has nudged lavender a bit out of the way. Like other says it is a v true lavender smell, but I won't be buying more of it because (1) I can get a 20ml 100% essential oil from Boots for under a tenner (£); (2) I prefer straight lavender on its own, with roses it's OK but I don't really like the stuff Penhaligon's added to it; (3) given the two reasons above I think I will never finish my big bottle. Again like other newish Penhaligon's scent there is no official info on the breakdown of notes.

on 7/12/2006 8:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This starts out as a spicy lavender scent and eventually dries down to a straight, slightly soft lavender. I gave it a 4 b/c of the accuracy of the scent, but I'm not exactly sure if this is one I would want to repurchase. I'm torn. I like lavender a lot, but there is a fleeting window of time where I think I get a whiff of B.O.! Or was I just hallucinating? Hmmm, this is one I need to play around w/ some more...

on 6/18/2006 2:03:00 AM

I absolutely loved this fragrance the first time I smelled it and thought it was going to be my HG scent. It is a very distinctive lavender fragrance, slightly spicy, and unique. The bottle is beautiful. Unfortunately I turned out to be extremely allergic to it due to the grassy notes. People who are fans of lavender (like I am) might really love this fragrance, but if you have grass allergies it might be a problem.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am picky on Lavender- so far the best one I've found was Lavande et Velours- I'm not wild on the SL and Jicky bugs me due to the civet. This one is very refreshing- it does have a citrus/herbacious top, and the lavender in it is fresh and clear. I don't find it masculine, as I did with the Thymes Lavender. I do detect the pepper and other things in it. My friend tried it on, and on her it smells like Light Blue. Not on me! It's very pretty.

Popular Fragrances