MAC Veluxe - Sketch

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Fav colour! Very intense plum burgundy matte colour. Great accent/crease colour. Highly pigmented, blends beautifully . Love this blended with pink hue nude colours, stunning with gold lid highlight. Sketch replaced Trax (same colour family see review). Really like this one! A keeper!

Here's an oldie but a goodie. I've neglected this for over a year and decided to use it this morning.
I'm around NC20, brown eyes and black eyebrows. This is a gorgeous colour to use for defining.. I like to use it on my bottom lashes ( blended out with Wedge) and to define the crease or outer V. I like to use a lighter transition shade to buff out the edges for a soft smoked out appearance.
Purple type colours are always a bit difficult to blend, but I've not had much trouble with this. It's not the silkiest formula but still easy to work with.
So far I've used it with All that Glitters, Vex, Shroom, Wedge, Shale, Satin Taupe, Sumptuos Olive and Swish. All turned out lovely.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This color is beautiful on my eyes no matter what season or what color clothing I wear. The texture of the shadow is very easy to apply. Blends well. Wears well and is my favorite of all shadows across the board. I have many and tried many. Gave many away. This is my #1 shadow.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love purple eyeshadow, my eyes are green so purples or burgundies work beautifully on me. But I'm not sure if I got a dud here, even with my finger I could barely get any pigmentation. This shadow is dry and chalky and I was upset to have paid so much for it. I have since wiped the top layer off with a tissue. Now there is much better pigmentation and I'm happy with it, though I do not think it is one I would recommend as your first MAC shadow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm SO sad I can't wear this shade - it would have been one of my favorites! It's a nicely pigmented warm purple/burgundy with red glitter (the glitter doesn't really show up on me). Such a beautiful shade that is perfect for brown eyes and complements so many colors and looks. However, the consistency itself was drier and harder to blend than most of my other MAC shadows. The reason I had to return this is because I had a HORRIBLE allergic reaction similar to pink eye (the color is so beautiful that I was in denial - I tried the color again a week later and had the same reaction).

I bought a 4 palette of shadows, as it turns out, a few days short of 4 years ago, which is just too long to keep eyeshadows. My selections were brule, grain, saddle and sketch. I regretted sketch almost as soon as I bought it. I was looking for a color like twinks, which I purchased sometime later and was much happier with, but got talked into sketch because I have green eyes. I tend not to like purples on me, and this was no exception. In addition, it was hard and applied kind of patchy/streaky.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

In the interest of full disclosure, Sketch was an impulse purchase that I likely shouldn't have made. The color is far too cool and dark of a purple to work with any other shadows I own, not to mention my tendency to lean heavily toward neutrals. That said, the shadow itself wasn't that bad, it just wasn't for me.

Pros:
* pigmented
* unique deep purple color
* long-lasting
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* somewhat dry
* can be harder to blend out/fix mistakes
* doesn't play well with neutrals alone (in my experience)

Amazing. Put it on in the morning and it was still on perfectly at night time when I took it off, with no primer

This is a great Crease outer V shade to use instead of the normal black or brown to give a different twist on a smokey eye.

I read some negative comments about blending and the horrific dark color. I don't understand because in the pan, it's DARK pretty much what you see is what you get. If you are fair or very light skinned there are some some plum shades out there that will give you a similar effect but not as dark. One quick one that comes to mind is Plum from the Lorac 2 pallet. Also this is a shimmer it's got a bit of grit to the texture and is not a matte so it's not quite as smooth to blend. You're going to need to do what the You tube gurus do and blend blend blend to work it in. I use my E40 from Sigma and I can get it to blend just fine with a little work. The color on me is Burgundy if I don't really blend out. It will take on a more Greyish tone if I really work it in so this has the ability to change on how you apply as well as your skin tone color. I also do not use this one on my lower lash line for me it comes off just a bit too dark and goth and at my age I don't think looks pretty. Us mature gals can use this but watch the application so you don't look tired, droopy or on the loosing end of a cat fight. It's really a beautiful color that I think can work all seasons. Satin Taupe, soft brown, nylon, vapor are a few of my mac colors that work beautiful with this. But I'm going to see how this will work in with my Naked 3 since those shades are all in the pink tones. Maybe an update to come!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Ok let me start by saying that I READ reviews of EVERY single products out there but, I do not WRITE any myself. However, that changed today when I got this eyeshadow at Mac after watching one of my favorite youtube guru Jaclin Hill use it alongside Satin Taupe. After swatching it at mav, I saw the microscopic glitters in it and I was "oh boy! I'm gonna hate this one on me". But guess what? I'm glad I resisted the urge to pass on it because I just applied it on and gosh, this color is GORGEOUS! I always do dark brown in my crease (Handwritten, Embark...do not care for black eyeshadows) and this one just got in to replace Embark that I find too stiff actually. Ask me about the glitters now, they totally disappeared into my skin. I am absolutely in love with this one and intend to use it with Sable, Satin Taupe, Homecoming by MUG and close to Twinks.
I hope my review helps anyone out there speculating on this eyeshadow.