MAC Veluxe - Sketch

4.4

This is definitely a staple shadow for me. It is perfect for a plum smoky eye, it looks good with any eye color. It is a pigmented, dark warm plum tone that can make your eyes pop. It is easy to blend it, I like to use it in the crease while wearing star violet over my lid. It looks so classy, I regularly pull off that look for work.

Definitely my favourite deepening shade for the outer corner! It's pigmented, blendable and has good colour pay off. It's not the most buttery and smooth shade I have ever tried, but I prefer shadows that are buildable anyway :D
I'm on my second pan now and never get sick of it. Also, I found that they have improved the formula since my first Sketch was lovely, but pressed quite a bit harder than the second one. I'm assuming they've improved the formula but you never know with Mac...they have immense quality inconsistencies, sometimes even within one specific shade. So let's hope it's not the latter :S

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Fav colour! Very intense plum burgundy matte colour. Great accent/crease colour. Highly pigmented, blends beautifully . Love this blended with pink hue nude colours, stunning with gold lid highlight. Sketch replaced Trax (same colour family see review). Really like this one! A keeper!

Here's an oldie but a goodie. I've neglected this for over a year and decided to use it this morning.
I'm around NC20, brown eyes and black eyebrows. This is a gorgeous colour to use for defining.. I like to use it on my bottom lashes ( blended out with Wedge) and to define the crease or outer V. I like to use a lighter transition shade to buff out the edges for a soft smoked out appearance.
Purple type colours are always a bit difficult to blend, but I've not had much trouble with this. It's not the silkiest formula but still easy to work with.
So far I've used it with All that Glitters, Vex, Shroom, Wedge, Shale, Satin Taupe, Sumptuos Olive and Swish. All turned out lovely.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This color is beautiful on my eyes no matter what season or what color clothing I wear. The texture of the shadow is very easy to apply. Blends well. Wears well and is my favorite of all shadows across the board. I have many and tried many. Gave many away. This is my #1 shadow.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love purple eyeshadow, my eyes are green so purples or burgundies work beautifully on me. But I'm not sure if I got a dud here, even with my finger I could barely get any pigmentation. This shadow is dry and chalky and I was upset to have paid so much for it. I have since wiped the top layer off with a tissue. Now there is much better pigmentation and I'm happy with it, though I do not think it is one I would recommend as your first MAC shadow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm SO sad I can't wear this shade - it would have been one of my favorites! It's a nicely pigmented warm purple/burgundy with red glitter (the glitter doesn't really show up on me). Such a beautiful shade that is perfect for brown eyes and complements so many colors and looks. However, the consistency itself was drier and harder to blend than most of my other MAC shadows. The reason I had to return this is because I had a HORRIBLE allergic reaction similar to pink eye (the color is so beautiful that I was in denial - I tried the color again a week later and had the same reaction).

I bought a 4 palette of shadows, as it turns out, a few days short of 4 years ago, which is just too long to keep eyeshadows. My selections were brule, grain, saddle and sketch. I regretted sketch almost as soon as I bought it. I was looking for a color like twinks, which I purchased sometime later and was much happier with, but got talked into sketch because I have green eyes. I tend not to like purples on me, and this was no exception. In addition, it was hard and applied kind of patchy/streaky.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

In the interest of full disclosure, Sketch was an impulse purchase that I likely shouldn't have made. The color is far too cool and dark of a purple to work with any other shadows I own, not to mention my tendency to lean heavily toward neutrals. That said, the shadow itself wasn't that bad, it just wasn't for me.

Pros:
* pigmented
* unique deep purple color
* long-lasting
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* somewhat dry
* can be harder to blend out/fix mistakes
* doesn't play well with neutrals alone (in my experience)

Amazing. Put it on in the morning and it was still on perfectly at night time when I took it off, with no primer