4.2

price range

Reviews

from

2 years ago

I love this. I have dry, sensitive skin and I usually dont wear face powder but even if my skin is red/irritated, swiping this off actually calms it (surprised me as well). Beautiful coverage and I love that it's SPF50. I'm olive toned and the Umbria shade is perfect for me.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

4 years ago

I have been using Bella Donna for 10 years (since 2005). I discovered it while working at Bergdorf Goodman. I was in my early 30's at the time. I was in a band. I also had been dealing with PCOS symptoms since I was in my late teens, most notably, the worst facial hair in history. I had to shave twice a day, and one morning I cut my chin. I had a septic stick to stop the bleeding, but I couldn't cover it with my makeup at the time. The wound was too wet and my make up would just cover the skin around it, making it look even worse. Well I got to work and my manager wanted to send me home. "You look gross, go downstairs to the Bella Donna counter." They used a concealer brush to pat the product over the wound and when they were done, you could not see the that disgusting cut. I was sold. But what really made me love the makeup happened after I got home. Later that night after a long day at work, drinks after with friends, and a long subway ride home, my make up looked JUST like it did that morning. This was a Christmas miracle! makeup never stays put on me. My skin either sucks it up like a slurpee, or it slides right off my face. Forget keeping makeup on while I perform with my band! I sweat so hard, I look like Beth Ditto on stage, dripping wet and more wet. Well after my shows the make up looked amazing, sure I was sweaty, but the make up didn't get caky, or lift off my skin or slide, it didn't even look like I was wearing makeup! Also, I could apply it even if I were sweating (an issue in New York during the summer when your AC breaks) and it stayed on even after I went surfing!!! but doesn't rub off on my clothes!!! Another thing I love about this makeup is that it lasts me about 6 months, but that's only because I tend to shower and reapply makeup before shows. When I'm not gigging, this makeup lasts almost a year! The only issue I've had with the makeup lately is that it doesn't seem like the colors are the same, it might be that my skin has changed in my old age, but now I have to mix two colors. I also say the brush is mandatory, made with real hair and packed just right so you can deposit a light coverage with soft sweeping motions or squeeze the bristles for heavy coverage areas. I usually just buy a new $25 brush every year or so, even though I wash it with gentle shampoo, I still find a new brush is just nice, since it sheds so much and makeup always finds a way to stay in the brush. also I recommend poking a few holes in the plastic sticker that covers the holes inside, taht way I can toss it in my purse and not too much makeup makes it's way through the holes. If you spill this makeup on you, it will not easily come out.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I use it on my T-zone (and regular foundation on my cheeks/chin). It's the only product that doesn't make my forehead break out. It's expensive, but you get a boatload. Everyday Minerals is inexpensive, but made my forehead breakout. And it's about half the amount you get with LBD. However, it still might be worth it to try EM free and see if it works for you. If anything, purchase brushes from EM and foundation from LBD.

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesBlue

9 years ago

Finally....my HG foundation!!! I have tried almost every foundation under the sun: Guerlain, Biotherm, BareMinerals, Mac, Dior, Maybelline, La Mer...you name it. But never I could find a foundation that made me look soft and natural, covered my sun damaged skin, didn't cause me to break out, or made me an oil slick. There was always something wrong with it. My derm recommended La Bella Donna for me; as it has only pure mineral ingredients and my skin is a disaster. I was skeptical but desperate, so I spent the nearly 70 CAD on a tiny box of mineral powder in the color Marta. I thought I was a fool....but now I have been using it for 3 weeks and it's truly amazing. I feel I am not wearing any make up at all, but my skin looks smooth with a glow that is not like the Christmas tree shine of BareMinerals, but natural and healthy. My skin has been healthy, no breakouts, and the foundation holds up throughout the day, no blotting needed. Marta is also my perfect color match, but I can't judge a product based on match; that's different for everything. This powder is EXPENSIVE, but you need very, very little of the product. It's incredibly fine, so it spreads out very easily. I think it will last me a good couple of months, so the money is worth it to me. The only big downside is the packaging. You can't travel with this and you have to puncture your own holes for powder to come out. It can be a bit messy. I preferred the "slide" of the new BareMinerals packaging that allows you to travel with a loose powder. However, I didn't take a lippy off because of the fact that the actual product is amazing. I will purchase the compact as well, to see if that is a good alternative for me to be able to travel with, and bring to the office for touch-ups. I'm in heaven though; finally my HG...

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

This makeup is my HG. I have tried every brand of mineral makeup for my extremely sensitive skin-Bare Minerals, Lucy, Laura Mercier, you name it. I have also tried all kinds of liquid makeup, but I always always come back to La Bella Donna. I took a break from it for awhile because of the price and the bismuth oxychloride that I thought could be bad for my sensitive skin. My skin was just as sensitive not using it, so I've switched back because I've missed it so much! It literally looks like you are not wearing makeup. La Bella Donna blends right into your skin. All other mineral makeups just don't look as natural. I get compliments on my skin all the time when I wear it, and people have no idea what redness and other problems I have under the makeup! Plus it has sunscreen, so no extra sunscreen step in the morning! I've worn it to the beach and not gotten burned (I'm fair). I use the Caterina in the winter and sometimes mix in the Marta in the summer. I will never switch again-it is the best mineral makeup out there.

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesGreen

10 years ago

Ok ladies!!!!! i have been a liquid girl for about 14 years!!! ...i had cystic acne and went on a roller coaster or products in the last 4 years....i have finaly found my HG ... for me so now that my skin is bump free and scars are diminishsing i was on a hunt for the best foundation...i have tried top brands cheap brands... but NOTHING compairs to the ease of aplication....and overall look of my skin!!!! really girls...this is it...its soft ( Bare essesnsals ) i found sandy.... Bella donna leaves a glow....and u can apply light or heavy!!! Love LOve this powder i will be trying others due to high price Arden is next on my list ;)

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

10 years ago

Generally , this is a great powder. I purchased this product in Ojai valley and have loved it ever since . Some days i can use it as a very light concealer because it has such great coverage . The one flaw it has is this weird scent to it , just takes away what a good foundation it is .I definitely would buy it again :)

SkinCombination, Fair

14 years ago

As far as I am concerned, this is HG! I have tried all the other powders (NARS, YSL, etc, etc) and I always come back to this. I have it in Umbria. It's got SPF 20 and somehow it manages to cover all my flaws without looking caked on. In fact, when I dip a synthetic concealer brush in the powder and tap onto red spots and brown spots, they are covered instantly. I would say that this conceals better than Make-up Forever Extreme Camouflage cream (which is also very good). I am always a little bit disappointed with every other loose powder after using La Bella Donna. I just ordered 2 more from their web site and they ship to Canada - fortunately, I don't have to fly to Bergdorf's in NYC to get it! This stuff is absolutely the best and I am going to stop searching (and wasting money) and accept that this one is really the best for me!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther

EyesGreen

14 years ago

My esthetician turned me on to this and I like this a lot, even though it is quite expensive. I don't usually use foundation, so I only use this as a sheer "concealer" for superficial flaws or redness on most days. For more made up days, I'd brush this lightly all over my face and my skin looks flawless and just <b>glows</b>. I like how this goes on sheer with a light touch or you can build it up to a medium coverage with out getting cakey. For zits, I use a concealer brush and just brush this right over the zit, then a light dusting over the area with a bigger brush (kabuki or powder brushes works fine); I'm amazed at how well it covers with minimal product. I have the loose version in Nicoletta and the color works fine for my fair, Asian skin tone; it never looks ashy or flat or turns orange. This shade may work for others with fair skin with yellow & slightly pink undertones. It's better than Bare Escentuals, IMO, because it's more finely milled and therefore not as grainy.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlack

14 years ago

i have it in umbria and i love the sheer to medium coverage of it. after that i usually apply a layer of nicoletta pressed onto it to lighten up my face and to give it a clean look. i love the loose because of the buildable coverage, however, it ran out faster than the pressed version. also, it's not as drying and more dewy than the pressed version. one time, i accidently dropped it, quite a lot of powder came out and made a mess on the carpet. after that, i will stick to the compact. choosing colour for this line is really difficult. nicoletta is a neutral ivory colour. i'm nc25-nc30 with neutral undertone(some red and some yellow), i use umbria and topped with nicoletta. nicoletta looks quite fair in the pan which scare me off when i open the post, but it's quite normal on the face if i don't use too much. however, i'm not sure if the pressed and loose ones have the same colour or not. i like their cream blush too, i have it in assunta. anyway, LBD is makeup that make up feel and look great. though it's a bit too pricy.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age25-29